How to drink activated carbon for body cleansing
Activated charcoal is present in almost any home medicine cabinet. And this is not surprising, because the drug has proven itself with various types of poisoning, and its cost compared with other modern adsorbents is simply ridiculous. This sorbent has found its use not only as a first aid for acute intoxication. It is recommended to pay attention to those who care about their health, follow the weight and practice cleansing the body of toxins.
How to take activated charcoal to cleanse the body, and in what other cases this adsorbent will be useful - this will be discussed in our article.
What is activated carbon?
Remarkable properties of coal are due primarily to its natural origin. Activated carbon is produced from natural materials, without any chemical additives. It is made by heating organic compounds in closed containers without access to oxygen. As a result, a substance with a porous structure is obtained which is capable of absorbing various low molecular weight compounds, like:
- toxins of bacterial and plant origin;
- harmful metabolic products;
- acid of gastric juice;
- bile, the products of its metabolism;
- alcohol and its derivatives.
Coal refers to chemically inert substances, that is, does not enter into reactions and is not absorbed in the intestine. Taking away toxins and toxins, the drug leaves the human body in about 12 hours in a natural way - along with the calves. Activated carbon is classified as a group of adsorbents. And, although in comparison with other drugs of this series in activated charcoal, the smallest sorbing ability, low cost and natural origin compensates for this deficiency.
It is produced in the form of black porous tablets of 0.25 grams, packed in paper blisters.
There are also ways to cleanse the body with white activated carbon. But you need to know that this is a slightly different drug, its active substance is a powder like white clay. In its properties, it is also an adsorbent, but it will have slightly different dosages and indications for admission.
Features of the use of activated carbon
To understand how to properly take activated charcoal for body cleansing, you need to know some features of this drug and adhere to the rules of its use.
- Activated carbon adsorbs on its surface not only harmful substances, but also nutrients - glucose, amino acids, vitamins, mineral constituents of food and other useful substances. Then how to drink activated carbon to cleanse the body - before or after eating? Take pills in between meals, when nutrients are already absorbed from the intestine into the blood. As a rule, tablets are drunk or two hours before meals, or as many after it.
- This same rule also applies to parallel medication. You can not combine activated carbon and drugs - it just neutralizes them and they do not work or will work half-heartedly. Between pills take breaks for at least an hour.
- Activated charcoal is not absorbed in the intestine, so it has a local effect. It can be taken with almost no restrictions. The drug has a small list of contraindications, we'll talk about them in a separate chapter. Here we note that coal can be taken with no fear to pregnant women and children.
- Tablets before use are recommended to be crushed into a powder and diluted in half a cup of ordinary or boiled water. A thick grayish suspension will be obtained. Her and need a drink. You can simply chew and swallow the required number of tablets, squeezed them with water, but in this case, the effectiveness of the drug will be somewhat lower, and the effect will manifest a little later.
The indications for taking the drug are many. Let's start with how to use activated carbon to cleanse the body.
Cleaning the body of toxins and toxins with activated charcoal is carried out in order to remove from the intestine harmful metabolic products that accumulate in the mucosal deposits on the intestinal wall. Especially recommended for those who suffer from bouts of flatulence - coal perfectly adsorbs the gases that form.
The rules for taking the drug are as follows:
- dosage - one tablet per 10 kg of body weight;
- The daily dose is divided into two or three doses;
- tablets are taken one hour before meals;
- The course of purification lasts from three to seven days in a row;
- a day take not less than 14 and not more than 30 tablets.
You can also go through an intermittent course of cleansing. Tablets are drunk once a day, in the morning half an hour before meals. Then they eat a light breakfast. Do this two days in a row a week, in the remaining days the drug is not taken. In total, the course of cleansing lasts eight weeks.
Activated carbon for weight loss
Many women practice cleansing the body with activated carbon for weight loss. The effect of the drug is explained by cleaning the intestines from slags, reducing gas production and normalizing the activity of the whole digestive tract. In case of overeating, activated charcoal takes away some of the nutrients, and adsorbs those harmful metabolic products that are formed in the intestine, when food does not have time to be processed by the body in time.
In order to lose weight, coal is taken one tablet per 10 kg of weight for 14 days. Tablets are drunk on an empty stomach one hour before meals. Parallel courses take complex vitamin preparations to avoid hypovitaminosis. Vitamins are drunk several hours after activated charcoal.
Prolonged intake of tablets can lead to problems with bowel movement. To avoid such trouble, you need to drink more water.
Observe the diet when losing weight with activated charcoal still have - food should be easy and varied. Strict restrictions are not present, but protein food is welcomed.
It is also recommended to restore the intestinal microflora. Although the activated carbon itself does not affect the vital activity of beneficial intestinal microbes, but this period of purification from slags is a good moment to populate the body with the right bacteria. For this purpose, probiotics are taken:
- Bifidumbacterin forte;
Other indications for the use of activated carbon
Cleansing of the body with activated carbon for allergies is practiced in the complex treatment of food and skin allergic reactions. Usually in such cases the medicine is prescribed by the doctor. A two-week course is recommended, during which food restrictions are observed: minimum fatty, acute, sweet.
Take activated charcoal and poisoning .
- At the first signs of the disease you need to drink from 5 to 8 tablets. After a few hours, repeat. Duration of admission - until the disappearance of symptoms (nausea, diarrhea).
- If intoxication is chronic, then continue to drink 2-4 tablets three to four times a day for 5 days, but no more.
- With alcohol poisoning, the drug is taken in the same way as in the usual. For preventive purposes, drink 3-4 tablets before and after a feast.
Activated charcoal is indicated in preparation for ultrasound of the abdominal cavity. It is taken 1-2 days before the examination together with a diet without gas-producing products.
Contraindications for cleansing the body with activated charcoal a little, but they are:
- ulcerous lesions of the stomach and duodenum;
- tendency to gastric bleeding;
- simultaneous reception of antitoxic substances;
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
With prolonged use of tablets, side effects develop:
- violation of the process of absorption of nutrients from the intestine;
- difficulty with bowel movement;
- staining the feces in a dark color.
Thus, activated charcoal - a good tool for cleaning the intestines from toxins and toxins. It is practically harmless, but long-term use of the drug can cause a deficiency of amino acids, vitamins and other nutrients that the sorbent will excrete along with the slag. Therefore, taking the pill is recommended for no more than two weeks, while maintaining a balanced diet.