Than to feed the child after vomiting
Little children react very sensitively to unusual food, poor-quality products and food poisons. Vomiting in the child is a protective mechanism that allows to release the stomach from dangerous substances. It can arise for various reasons and have a one-off or a long-term nature.
After providing the baby with medical care, you need to take care of an appropriate sparing diet, especially if you combine diarrhea and vomiting in a child.
How to feed the convalescent to support a weakened organism and restore digestive disorders?
When does vomiting occur?
Duration and severity of the diet will depend on the reasons for which vomiting has occurred. Violation of diet, the use of unusual or irritating foods (spices, seasonings, food additives), stress, head trauma and teething occur, as a rule, with a single vomiting. In this case, the therapeutic diet is observed for 1-2 days, on the third day gradually return to the usual diet.
And here, how and what to feed the child with vomiting, if it is caused by food poisoning, disease of the digestive system, fever, long-term nervous system disorder? This will require a more serious approach.
During a vomiting appetite is absent, and it is not necessary to feed the child violently, except for soldering it with teas, infusions, water-salt solutions.
But during the recovery of the body to maintain a sparing diet should know what foods are easily digested by the stomach, and which cause indigestion.
Products light and heavy
Babies are left with only breast milk. It is an ideal product, easily digestible by the stomach. Renewal of complementary foods is carried out gradually, re-accustoming the child to new products. Than to feed the child after vomiting?
First give liquid rice and buckwheat gruel, after 1-2 days enter the baby curd, then vegetable mashed potatoes, then fruit juices. Porridge is boiled in diluted milk (ratio with water 1: 1). On the first day you can give a soaked cookie or wheat crumbs. A good wrapping and soothing effect on the gastric mucosa is starch jelly.
Products recommended for gastric disorders:
- baked apples;
- decoction of dried fruits;
- boiled carrots, broccoli;
- not sour kefir, yogurts without additives;
Heavy foods for the stomach:
- meat and fish - they are introduced into the diet in the form of souffle in 2-4 days after cessation of vomiting;
- pears, plums, grapes;
- fruit juices;
- fresh bread, rolls, other flour products;
- barley, pearl and millet porridge;
- vegetables, fruits, berries in raw form;
- fats: cream, sunflower oil and others.
Of course, no sausage, chips, smoked products, soda and the like.
Mashed potatoes without oil can be given a few days after vomiting. It contains many carbohydrates, which in this case is undesirable for the intestine.
How to cook baby food after vomiting
To ensure that the products are better absorbed and do not damage the mucous membrane of the stomach, they are ground in a blender or wipe through a strainer. Cereals need to be boiled thoroughly, small children also grind in jelly. Useful mucous broths of rice and Herculean porridge. You can offer the child ready-made products for baby food - meat and fish soufflé, vegetable purees, kashki. They should not have sugar. Better still, cook fresh food.
All products that you can eat a child after vomiting, cook, stew or cook for a couple. The temperature of food is very important - it should be warm. Do not give hot or cold food - it also traumatizes the walls of the stomach.
The mode of feeding the baby after vomiting
In addition to answering the question what it is possible to eat a child when vomiting, it is important to know how often and in what portions to feed the baby.
- On the first day the child is given a plentiful drink: broth of dogrose, weak sweet tea, pharmacy water-salt solutions: Regidron, Oralite, Glucosolan. When dehydrating to replenish the loss of fluids to a child up to a year, you need to drink 150-200 ml of solution per kg of weight, after a year - 120-170 milliliters. Solder in small portions, 1-2 teaspoonfuls, not to provoke repeated vomiting.
- Do not offer food until vomiting stops. Usually the child does not have an appetite for 5-6 hours. It is impossible to force to eat thus, it is quite possible to do with filling up of a liquid by means of a glucose-salt solution.
- Feed your baby often, but in small portions. Multiplicity of food intake is up to 7 times a day, with an interval of 2-2.5 hours. Do not feed the baby by force, do not force to eat more by volume than he wants. The first days the amount of food, perhaps, will be less than usual. Return to the normal volume of the daily ration occurs 3-5 days after vomiting.
- Gentle diet and diet should be observed for 1-3 weeks after the illness.
What to feed a child with vomiting and diarrhea
The appearance of diarrhea means that the intestine is involved in the painful process. With diarrhea, the dehydration factor is increased, so drink is given after each stool. To facilitate the work of the intestine, milk is excluded if possible. Instead, they give milk products.
What can you eat a child with diarrhea and vomiting? In the preparation of the diet should take into account:
- one-day kefir, beets and prunes have a lenient effect;
- and cottage cheese, rice and eggs have a fixing effect.
Of the products exclude everything that is rich in fiber: legumes, cabbage, greens, cucumbers, radish. Tomatoes can be given in small amounts in stew. Vegetable and melted oil is administered gradually in small doses.
In case of digestive system disorders it is necessary to adhere to a sparing diet. Refusal of food at first after the appearance of signs of the disease itself has a curative effect. 6-12 hours after vomiting, children are offered easily assimilated food: rice and buckwheat gruel, jelly, dried wheat bread. Then gradually the ration is introduced to cooked vegetables, fish, meat. Everything that the baby feeds in case of vomiting and diarrhea should have a liquid or mushy consistency and be offered to the baby in a warm form. Depending on the severity of the disease, dietary nutrition is held for three to five days or a few weeks after the disappearance of signs of the disease.