Cleaning the liver after alcohol
The negative effect of alcohol on the whole body has been known for a long time. There is no such organ in a person, on which alcohol does not exert its destructive effect. Ethanol, - by its poisonous effect on the body, is one of the most powerful and harmful drugs!
The main blow from drinking, gets a liver. Periodic loads of this kind disrupt her work. To help those who want to recover from the alcoholic drink and maximally avoid the consequences, let's consider what is the harm of alcohol for the liver, than to protect it from the toxic effects of alcohol-containing beverages. How to clean the liver from alcohol and whether it is possible - let's understand.
How alcohol affects the liver
While a person celebrates something or simply pours sorrow, the liver has to make maximum efforts to split the alcohol product. While she manages to cope, then alcohol does not accumulate in the blood and a person practically does not get drunk. As soon as the enzymes for the processing of ethyl alcohol run out, and new ones do not have time to form, intoxication begins and the more the drink is drunk, the stronger it becomes.
There is a toxic effect on the liver with large volumes and prolonged use of alcohol, especially on an empty stomach and without snacks. A prolonged alcoholic effect leads to an increased deposition of fats in the liver cells, and their "obesity" gradually develops. Over time, the activity of enzymes that break down alcohol decreases, so its toxic effect on hepatocytes - the main liver cells. Free radicals are formed, which damage the cell membranes, connective tissue grows, the liver gradually increases in size. She loses strength, it becomes more difficult to isolate the bile. The latter begins to stagnate, and then there is an excess of bile acids in the blood.
Consequences of alcoholic effects on the liver:
- enlargement of the liver;
- fatty hepatosis - a disease associated with obesity of the liver cells;
- alcoholic hepatitis;
- development of cancer - hepatocellular carcinoma;
- liver failure.
Alcohol can not accumulate in the liver, it is processed by it to harmless foods with special enzymes. Therefore, it is impossible to purify it from drugs or preparations or folk remedies!
If the enzymes are not working properly, a toxic effect on the liver develops, which in time can lead to diseases from the list listed above. What to do?
How to help heal the liver after alcohol
Helping the liver after alcohol includes:
- compliance with the regime;
- elimination of alcohol residues from the body;
- if there is attachment to alcohol, - it must be treated;
- the use of multivitamins, antioxidants, hepatoprotectors.
If any liver disease has been diagnosed, only a doctor can give advice on the regimen, diet and treatment!
After an alcoholic excess, it is desirable to reduce physical and nervous stress as much as possible. It's even better if after such an event there is a day off.
Had to go to work? Then during the day it is recommended to arrange short breaks, to avoid stresses on the principle: "I'll think about it tomorrow."
To the liver to create the best conditions for recovery, it is necessary to take food in small portions in the wiped and warm form. Permitted by:
- vegetable stew;
- meat in the form of meatballs, steam cutlets;
- baked fruit;
- dairy products;
- white bread crumbs;
- the wiped soups.
Meals are taken 5-6 times a day. Limit: vegetable and animal fats up to 70 gr per day, sharp, smoked dishes, spices, coarse vegetable fiber.
Discontinuation of alcohol intake
This item is one of the most important, because after continuing to drink toxic effects and, accordingly, the destruction of hepatocytes will continue. Therefore, you should forbid yourself to drink at least for a while and try to remove the remaining liquor from the body.
How to quickly clear the liver of alcohol? To stop the flow of alcohol into the hepatocytes, you need to slow the absorption and release the blood from the ethanol and its toxic products of metabolism. This is done by taking activated charcoal, a large volume of fluid (if there are no edema), diuretic herbs. Further methods of purification are aimed at restoring the functioning of the hepatic structures.
5 ways to restore hepatocytes
These methods include the use of:
- plant extracts;
- preparations of amino acids;
- biologically active additives.
The greatest antioxidant activity is possessed by vitamins C and E. Taking them individually or as a part of multivitamins creates protection of liver cells from active forms of oxygen damaging the membranes. The course for several days will help restore the liver with a single alcohol abuse.
What else to clean the liver after alcohol? Essential phospholipids exert a regenerative effect on the membranes of liver cells. They are contained in egg yolks, milk, caviar, liver, meat. Since not all these products can and will be eaten the next morning after drinking alcohol, use synthetic sources of lecithin, for example, Essentiale or a biologically active supplement Lecithin. Take them only on the advice of a doctor.
How to clean the liver from alcohol at home with herbal substances? They can be contained in food, extracts. Here are some of them.
- Milk thistle is available in the form of powder, gel, liquid, capsules and tablets. It is not recommended to use milk thistle and any other vegetable oil on an empty stomach, as stimulating this production of bile, the load on the liver increases. You can meet in stores and pharmacies porridge, bran, Jerusalem artichoke with milk thistle. To restore the liver, it is undesirable to use phytotea, since its content there is minimal, and accordingly the effect will be minimal.
- Oats can be used as a decoction, oatmeal. It is produced in combination with other herbs called Ovesol - refers to biological additives.
From amino acids to hepatoprotectors include substances containing methionine. It is present in many food products: meat, eggs, lentils, nuts. Synthetic analogue is produced under different commercial names. It has an antitoxic effect, increasing the rate of ethanol digestion by the liver, activating the regeneration of cells, preventing the proliferation of connective tissue.
Biologically active additives can contain all listed components, and combined preparations are produced. They are usually produced on the basis of plant components and have a mild therapeutic effect.
Now, after learning a lot of things, let's try to summarize the information received in several points:
- We figured out the question, what to clean the liver from alcohol, and, more precisely, that it does not need to be cleaned, but it is necessary to restore it after an alcohol attack.
- To improve the health of the liver can be: compliance with the regime, sparing diet, discontinuation is desirable for a long time taking alcohol, using antioxidants, essential phospholipids, plant remedies, amino acid methionine.
But the most effective way: always observe moderation in drinking, then the health problems will be much less!