What to do if you were bitten by a wasp
The activity of the wasps is recorded between July and August. The danger of being stung awaits both in nature and near the house. Wasps are able to penetrate the most unexpected places: bags, bags, houses, car salon, so sometimes a meeting with an insect is quite unexpected.
A wasp bite causes trouble to any other person. As a result of the toxic effect of poison, severe pain and edema occur, and this requires immediate treatment. Let's talk about the consequences of the meeting with this representative of the Hymenoptera, and what to do when the wasp stung.
What is dangerous is the bite of a wasp
At the time of the bite of a wasp, a poison enters the human body, which contains many biologically active components.
Histamine promotes the appearance of an allergic reaction to a wasp sting. This substance is considered the cause of the appearance of edema, itching, hives, bronchospasm and anaphylactic shock.
- Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter necessary for the normal transmission of nerve impulses. But in large numbers has a retarding effect.
- Phospholipases are enzymes that destroy cell walls, consisting of phospholipids - complex fats. As a result, the cellular contents enter the surrounding tissues, provoking the development of a local inflammatory reaction. There is an effect on the mast cells, which play an important role in the immune system, which leads to the release of even more histamine into the blood.
- Hyaluronidase - an enzyme that helps to destroy mucopolysaccharides, including hyaluronic acid. As a result of this influence, the permeability of tissues and capillaries increases.
- Kininy - proteins that have a vasodilator, hypotensive effect. They increase vascular permeability and cause pain.
- Amino acids are the strongest allergens.
All these components are responsible for the appearance of a severe systemic reaction in people who are addicted to allergies. Is it possible to die from a wasp sting? This, it is quite possible, with the development of anaphylactic shock, if assistance is not timely provided.
Consequences of a bite of a wasp
The following changes occur at the bite site:
- severe burning pains;
- redness of the skin;
- swelling of soft tissues.
The consequences of a bite of a wasp depend on the site of the introduction of the poison. The most dangerous situation is when the person suffers. If the wasp stings in the eye, then there is a pronounced edema of the eyelid and lachrymation. Sometimes there are different types of discharge. Subsequently, all the membranes of the eye can become inflamed - panophthalmitis develops. The bite on the lips and mucous membranes of the mouth is often accompanied by difficulty breathing.
The severity of clinical symptoms depends on the number of bites and individual characteristics of the body. The most severe is the bite of a wasp during pregnancy, in childhood and a tendency to allergies.
With multiple bites, there are symptoms of general intoxication:
- fever with chills;
- dizziness and headache;
- shortness of breath, tachycardia, pain in the heart;
- nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain;
- sometimes fainting.
With a tendency to allergies, hives develop. At the same time on the body there are blisters, sometimes large. The rash is accompanied by an itchy skin. A threat to life is the edema of Quincke. The symptoms should be alarming:
- pronounced edema of the face, lips, eyelids, arms;
- when the mucous membrane of the larynx is swollen, choking, hoarse voice, barking cough, noisy breathing;
- the face first turns red, then turns pale;
- coma and death may develop.
The most serious complication is anaphylactic shock, developing after a second or minutes after the penetration of the poison into the body. In addition to the symptoms of allergy, there is a sharp drop in pressure and death is possible.
What to do if you were bitten by a wasp
If assistance is timely and correct, then serious consequences can be avoided.
- If a sting is found in the place of the bite, it must be removed.
- The wound should be disinfected by the fact that there is at hand: hydrogen peroxide, iodine, cologne, antiseptic solution, tincture of calendula, alcohol, or simply rinse with soap and water.
- Apply cold to the bite for 20 minutes. You can use ice, a cloth soaked in cold water. This will help reduce pain and prevent further spread of edema, as this is accompanied by narrowing of the vessels.
- If the wasp stings the arm or leg, then you can apply a tight bandage to prevent the spread of the poison.
- Be sure to take the drug from allergies: Suprastin, Zodak, Cetrin, Claritin. Sometimes you need to use hormonal drugs.
- From the bite of the wasp helps ointment containing hormones or antihistamines, for example, "Advantan", "Hydrocortisone ointment", "Fenistil gel".
In order to avoid complications in the form of infection of the wound and rapid spread of the poison through the body can not:
- scratch the bite;
- try to squeeze out poison from the wound;
- to use water for cooling from nearby ponds;
- take alcohol.
The first aid for a child with a wasp stings is the same as for an adult. Pregnant women alone to take hormones and antihistamines are not recommended, the use of any medications - only after consulting a doctor.
When urticaria, Quincke's swelling and anaphylactic shock, you should immediately call an ambulance. Be sure to consult a doctor if the wasp stings the face.
The next day after the bite of the wasp the treatment is continued. All the same antihistamines are prescribed, if necessary, hormones in the form of tablets and ointments until the condition improves and the edema passes. This may take from one day to five days, sometimes more.
With urticaria, edema Quincke drugs in the early days are injected intramuscularly or intravenously, then switch to taking pills. Anaphylactic shock requires treatment in a hospital.
Folk remedies for a wasp sting
Folk remedies from a bite of a wasp can appear especially useful in the event that reception of medicinal preparations is counter-indicative, for example, to pregnant women. Such means can be dispensed with if there is no threat to life.
How to remove a tumor if it was bitten by a wasp:
- apply for 20 minutes to the place of bite cloth moistened in a solution of baking soda or salt (1 teaspoon per 200 ml of water);
- help lotion from tea;
- if plantain grows nearby, then a clean leaf of the plant is applied to the sore spot;
- you can put a piece of sugar on the wound.
It is also useful to know what can be anesthetized a wasp sting.
- Aspen poison can neutralize normal aspirin, which also has an anti-inflammatory effect and reduces pain. The tablet is taken orally, but you can use acetylsalicylic acid for local treatment: dissolve in warm water and oil the place of the bite.
- Effective lotions with a weak solution of vinegar or lemon juice.
- On a sore spot you can put a cut apple, tomato or onion.
How to avoid a bite of a wasp
Prevent the unpleasant consequences of a meeting with a special one. It is especially important to remember these simple rules to those people who have a tendency to allergic reactions.
- Going to the nature is better to wear clothes of calm colors. Be sure to cover your legs, hands and head. Do not use perfume.
- On the street, it is undesirable to eat fruits, berries and sweets.
- If the wasp is nearby - do not make sharp movements and swing your arms.
- Do not disturb the hives.
The problem of insect bites is very urgent, since it is difficult to find a person who does not experience this on himself. Meeting with a person is always unpleasant. Therefore, everyone should know how to treat a wasp sting. If there is a trip to the forest, fishing or just for a picnic, do not forget to take with you the funds from allergies and insect bites.