Diet after poisoning in children
Food poisoning of an easy degree is successfully treated at home, including in children. But it is very important to follow certain recommendations on the nutrition of the child. Correctly composed diet will help not only to get rid of acute signs of the disease - vomiting and diarrhea, but also to restore the digestive system.
Diet after food poisoning for the child consists of several principles, which we will consider below.
Basic nutrition rules after child poisoning
During the illness in the stomach and intestine, there are processes that can lead to chronic inflammation of the digestive system. Mucous membranes, liver and pancreas suffer greatly. The normal process of excretion of digestive juices and mucus is broken, the regulation of the muscle tone and peristalsis of the intestine suffer. To support the child's body, give him time and the opportunity to establish digestion, you must follow the following dietary rules after poisoning in children.
- Maximize the stomach and intestines. Do not force the child to eat or "finish", if he does not want. Between meals, you need to take breaks 2-2,5 hours, so as not to disturb the digestion process.
- Observe the principles of mechanical, thermal and chemical indulgence. This means that the food must have a liquid or semi-liquid appearance, be warm, do not contain aggressive ingredients that irritate the stomach and intestinal mucosa. During this period, they consume foods that are low in fiber and carbohydrates. Restrict the use of fats.
- At the same time the food should be high-grade on vitamin and mineral structure. The body has lost a lot of electrolytes, it needs to fill the lack of biologically active substances. It is good to take vitamin-mineral complexes during the recovery period. Mineral water can be drunk in addition to ordinary water, having previously released gas from it. Before its use it is necessary to consult a doctor, since it has a different composition and is assigned depending on the type of the transferred disease.
- It is desirable to adhere to the principles of separate food. Do not mix foods that are high in carbohydrates and proteins in one meal. You can not eat meat and fish with potatoes and cereals. But vegetables and fruits are combined with any products.
There are easily assimilated foods and those that are difficult to digest to a weakened stomach.
Prohibited food after poisoning
Diet after food poisoning in children implies limiting a fairly large number of products. Of course, this list primarily includes fast food, soda, chips, crackers, chewing gum and similar products of the modern food industry. Also you can not give:
- baking, flour products, baking;
- juices and fruits: pears, plums, grapes, citrus fruits - in general all vegetables, fruits and berries in raw form;
- cereals: barley, pearl barley and millet;
- canned food, sausage, smoked products;
- beans - beans, peas, lentils;
- vegetables with a high content of coarse fiber: cabbage, cucumber, radish;
- animals high-melting fats (fat, fatty meat);
- sunflower and butter are introduced gradually in small quantities as an additive to the main dish, but you can not give the oil separately (for example, smear on bread).
But despite the limitations, there remains a large assortment of products useful for the child's organism.
How to feed a child after poisoning
For children under one year, the best food remains mother's milk. If the baby is on the lure, then during the illness it is stopped and starts anew after an acute period of poisoning. From the forced diet gradually come out, starting with small portions, introduce buckwheat and rice porridge, then vegetable and fruit purees, then meat soufflé. To feed a child who follows a diet after poisoning, use the following foods.
- Cereals: buckwheat, oatmeal, rice.
- Vegetables: carrots, beets, broccoli, cauliflower. Bananas and baked apples are useful. Potatoes are introduced into the diet gradually, since it contains many complex carbohydrates. Tomatoes can be used in stews, and tomato juice - instead of ketchup.
- Bread - dried, wheat. You can give crackers, biscuits like crackers.
- Starch pudding with a little addition of fruit or berry juices.
- Dried fruits (figs, prunes, dried apricots and dates) and decoction of them will perfectly fill the lack of vitamins and minerals, stimulate the recovery of the intestinal mucosa. Diet after child poisoning means giving up candy and chocolate, so dried fruit can be given instead of sweet. It should be borne in mind that figs and prunes have a mild, relaxing effect. Nuts can be given in small amounts after digestion is restored.
- Milk for children older than the baby is excluded as far as possible. It is useful to drink kefir, yoghurt, other fresh sour-milk products. Cottage cheese is introduced into the diet from 1-2 spoons. Butter is used only for adding to porridge, it is better in a melted form.
- Meat is limited as far as possible. Preference is given to low-fat varieties: chicken, rabbit. Eggs, yolk give in small amounts (1/2 per day). You can eat fish, preferably sea fish.
During the diet, you can give the child a baby vegetable purée and a meat soufflé from jars, but one should not get carried away. The kid needs fresh, "live" food.
Observing a diet after poisoning, you must drink water! It can be boiled or standing, at room temperature or warm. You need to drink it 15-20 minutes before eating and not earlier than an hour after eating. Do not give the child to drink while eating or immediately after eating, as this interferes with digestion and reduces the concentration of enzymes.
Tea is not strong, it is better green, you can add a little sugar or honey to it. It is useful to give a broth of dogrose, infusion of lemon balm, raspberry leaves and currant.
If you follow a diet after poisoning for a child adhere to a certain diet.
- Eat 5-6 times a day, but in small portions.
- Between meals, you need to take a break in 2-2.5 hours.
- First time, the amount of food consumed may be less than usual. It is not necessary to worry and the more forcefully to feed the baby. At the initial level of eating, the child usually goes out within 3-5 days after the end of the acute period of the illness.
How to cook
All products must be ground in a blender or wipe through a sieve. As digestion restores, they return to the usual type of food. When a diet for children after poisoning, use cooked, stewed, baked or steamed dishes. Porridge cook until liquid. Milk for cereals is diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1. Useful for a diet after poisoning rice decoction or liquid gruel porridge. Soups can be vegetable or meat. First time from the broths you need to remove fat. It is useful to cook liquid mashed soups, then you can cook noodles. Greens are added in small quantities. Meat and fish are twisted and prepared soufflé.
You can not give fried, grilled, canned food, marinades, sauces, foods with preservatives and dyes during the diet, and put spices in food. These supplements irritate the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines, badly affect the liver.
How long to keep to a diet? It depends on the severity of the disease. Sometimes, after a mild poisoning, just a few days of food restrictions (3-5 days to one week). In the inflammatory process in the stomach and intestines, liver abnormalities may require a nutritional restriction for several months. Choose easily digestible products, feed the baby often, but in small portions.