How to restore intestines after poisoning
After food poisoning, the body takes some time to recover. Of great importance in this period is the normalization of the activity of intestinal microbes. Why is it important and how to restore the intestinal microflora after poisoning?
Normally, the digestive tract inhabits a community of bacteria, 99% consisting of lacto- and bifidobacteria, enterococci, E. coli. They help digest proteins, fats and carbohydrates, synthesize vitamins and amino acids, secrete substances that depress harmful microbes. During the disease, the balance is disrupted, the opportunistic microflora or pathogenic bacteria that enter the intestine from the outside are multiplied. By isolating toxins and forming rotting products, such microbes interfere with the restoration of a healthy community and complicate the normalization of the activity of the gastrointestinal tract.
Symptoms of dysbiosis
When the acute phase of poisoning passes, there are some symptoms that indicate a digestive disorder. The change in the normal intestinal microflora by quantity or qualitative composition is called dysbacteriosis. It is characterized by the following features:
- loose stools;
- unpleasant smell of stool;
- poor digestion of food;
- weak pain in the abdomen.
Dysbacteriosis can develop after the use of antibiotics and other antibacterial agents.
Restoring the intestines with diet
How to restore the intestines after poisoning? In light cases it is enough to adhere to a reasonable diet. Nature has provided many products that colonize the intestines with useful microbes. Also, dietary nutrition will help restore the mucous membrane and create conditions for reproduction of normal microflora. General dietary rules after food poisoning:
- digestible food;
- small portions 5-6 times a day;
- do not drink water with water;
- avoid eating simple carbohydrates;
- there are foods rich in fiber: vegetables, fruits;
- bread must be stale or dried;
- not fat and fried.
Also a bad effect on the microflora of the intestines is provided by coffee, alcohol, sweet soda.
Useful for the intestine products
Than it is possible to restore a microflora of an intestine after a poisoning? First of all, these are products containing lacto- and bifidobacteria:
- sour-milk products - fresh homemade yogurt, kefir, various bifid-kefir and yoghurts are useful;
- sauerkraut and pickle from it;
- wetted apples;
- bread kvass.
Other products create a favorable environment for the development of those bacteria that have survived in the intestines, and also prevent the proliferation of harmful microbes:
- dried fruits;
- garlic, onion;
- herbal teas with mint, currant and raspberry leaves, chamomile, St. John's wort;
- wheat bran and flour;
- chicory, Jerusalem artichoke, dandelion leaves;
- fresh vegetables and fruits, greens.
The answer to the question of how to restore the bowels after poisoning can become some dietary supplements. They contain a substrate on which useful microbes will actively multiply.
- seaweed - sea kale, kelp;
- Brewer's yeast - not to be confused with the usual food yeast for dough.
In those cases where the poisoning is difficult or if strong antibiotics are used, it is better to use pharmaceuticals.
All preparations for the restoration of intestinal microflora after poisoning can be divided into two groups.
- Probiotics are medicines containing one or more living bacterial cultures. Getting into the intestines, they populate the mucous membrane and replenish the ranks of useful microbes. Under favorable conditions, bacteria take root and begin to multiply intensively.
- Prebiotics are agents that do not contain live bacteria, but include chemicals that are "food" for beneficial microbes or create conditions for their growth, as well as inhibiting the pathogenic microflora.
Drugs from the group of probiotics may contain one or more cultures. Such products are produced in the form of tablets, capsules and rectal suppositories.
Here is a list of some drugs that can be restored to the intestines after poisoning.
- "Lactobacterin", "Acilact", "Biobakton" - they contain a monoculture of lactobacilli.
- "Bifidumbacterin", "Probifor" - they include a monoculture of bifidobacteria.
Monopreparations are incompatible with taking antibiotics, they will not help with complicated dysbiosis, they have age limitations.
Probiotics, including several cultures of bacteria:
- "Florin Forte" - contains bifidobacteria and lactobacilli. Can be used for children. Keep the drug in the refrigerator.
- "Linex". Includes three types of bacteria (lacto- and bifidobacteria, enterococci). It can be combined with taking antibiotics, there are no age restrictions, suitable for lactating and pregnant women.
- "Bifikol" - contains bifidobacteria and E. coli.
Another group of probiotics is microbes that are not normal representatives of the intestinal biocenosis. They form spore forms, so they are extremely resistant to the aggressive environment of the stomach. Getting into the intestines, the bacteria multiply rapidly and suppress the growth of pathogenic microbes. They live in the body for about a month, then they are gradually removed, giving way to a normal microflora. This class includes preparations Bactisubtil (Bacillus cereus) and Sporobacterin. They are successfully used to treat diarrhea.
Probiotics have their limitations. With caution appoint them to people with impaired immunity and patients prone to allergic reactions.
Prebiotics will help to restore the intestinal microflora after poisoning. Preparations of this group contain lactulose, which passes into the thick intestine and is digested there, creating a nutrient medium for the development of beneficial bacteria. Prebiotics include:
These drugs can be taken for children, pregnant and lactating women. They do not need to be stored in the refrigerator, can be combined with taking antibiotics. You can not appoint people with intolerance to fructose and galactose, intestinal obstruction, bleeding of the rectum. Patients with diabetes should consult a doctor.
There are complex preparations containing live bacteria and a substrate for their reproduction. They are compatible with antibiotics and most quickly restore the microflora of the digestive tract. These include:
- "Bifiform" - contains bifidobacteria, E. coli, enterococci;
- "Hilak Forte" - lactobacilli and lactic acid, and among other things, the drug restores the normal pH value in the stomach.
How to restore flora of the intestine after poisoning? First of all, it is advisable to adhere to a sparing diet for 2-4 weeks, the same amount of time will be needed to normalize the microflora. Replenishment of microbes is due to lactic and fermented products. Also, food that creates favorable conditions for reproduction of beneficial bacteria is useful. For rapid recovery, or in severe cases, as well as after a course of antibiotics, it is recommended to take drugstores - drugs from the group of probiotics and prebiotics. The duration of treatment depends on the degree of digestive disorder and ranges from 7 to 21 days.