How to restore the stomach after poisoning
Unfortunately, nobody is insured against food poisoning. Stale or substandard products are not so rare in this age of high technology. After poisoning, any organism needs a period of adaptation and recovery. If you consulted a doctor, he undoubtedly recommended you and further treatment to restore digestion, and compliance with the diet.
And what if the disease was in mild form, and everything was treated at home? How to restore the stomach after poisoning at home? First of all, in any case, you will have to follow a diet.
Why do you need a diet after poisoning?
During illness, among other things, the mucous membrane of the stomach is affected. Cages responsible for the production of mucus and gastric juice, it takes time to recover. The acidity of the gastric juice decreases temporarily. Perhaps the development of inflammation of the mucous membrane (gastritis), but most often the pain occurs due to "nerve stomach syndrome." Irritation caused by mechanical factors - either fibrous food, or chemical - acute, fried, smoked, sour, leads to painful spasms.
Restoration of digestion after poisoning in the first place depends on the quality of food and its digestibility in the stomach. Therefore, within one to two weeks, it is extremely important to observe the principles of healthy eating.
- Eat often, but little by little. The stomach has a small volume, in addition, it digests the contents well only if it is 2/3 full. therefore it is preferable to take food 5-6 times a day in small portions with a volume of 250-300 ml.
- Replenishment of fluid loss. Drink at least 2 liters of water per day. It is necessary to drink one or two glasses of water half an hour before a meal, and after a meal you can not drink for an hour. This is necessary to prepare the stomach for food intake and proper allocation of gastric juice.
It is also useful to use mineral water to restore the electrolyte balance in the body.
What foods can you eat after poisoning?
Usually acute process with food poisoning lasts 2-3 days. At this time, it is better not to eat anything at all, especially if there is no appetite. Drink more water, pharmacy solutions to maintain salt balance, a weak green tea with sugar. You can consume dried white bread. Then in a diet enter liquid porridges on water: oatmeal, rice. In addition to the enveloping effect, they perfectly neutralize the alkaline products of decomposition during poisoning.
How to restore the stomach after poisoning with a diet? In addition to the mentioned cereals, the following product groups are recommended:
- cereals: buckwheat and corn;
- mashed potatoes without oil;
- salted brynza;
- boiled or stewed sea fish;
- fruits are consumed in the form of mashed potatoes: bananas, baked apples, compotes of dried fruits;
- it is useful to eat borscht from sauerkraut, also allowed a little salty foods: herrings or sprats;
- After a week, enter the boiled or steamed meat - lean chicken, rabbit, veal;
- of dairy products in this period is useful cottage cheese.
The temperature of the food should be pleasantly warm, but not hot. From liquids it is good to drink jelly, green tea, then dilute juices are introduced.
Entering the body of bifidobacteria is necessary in order to restore the microflora of the stomach and intestines. Kefir, yogurt and yogurt are consumed 3-5 days after the stomach calms down.
What you can not eat after poisoning
At first, animal proteins should be restricted. This food is heavily digested by the human body, and then many harmful metabolic products are released. Such a load interferes with the recovery of the stomach after poisoning. Gastroenterologists do not recommend eating meat, eggs, milk and dairy products for one to two weeks after the acute course of the disease. Also categorically prohibited during this period are the following products:
- all the generally recognized harmful food: canned food, sausages, smoked products;
- fried, marinated, spicy or food with lots of spices;
- pears, plums, grapes;
- millet, barley, barley porridge, fresh bread, pastries;
- coffee , soda;
- sweet - do not recommend eating even such a useful product as honey;
- fatty, including butter and vegetable oils;
- vegetables, fruits, berries in raw form.
It is also necessary to refrain from drinking and smoking. Alcohol and nicotine are destructive even to a healthy stomach, let alone a body that has suffered poisoning.
Medicines as a diet aid
How to restore digestion after poisoning? Compliance with diet is the only true answer to this question. But to make the process more effective, you can help the body a little.
To improve digestion as a substitute therapy, doctors recommend using enzyme preparations. Enzymes contained in them, will help the stomach and intestines, until the development of their own digestive juices will not return to normal. Take Pancreatin, Creon or Penzinorm 1-2 tablets immediately after meals.
It is useful to drink infusions of herbs:
- one tablespoon of chamomile for a glass of boiling water, drink ½ cup 3-4 times a day;
- Calendula two tablespoons per glass, take 1/3 cup three times a day;
- broth of dogrose, leaves of black currant can be drunk during the day instead of tea.
If after poisoning you are persecuted by constant pain in the stomach or liver, consult a doctor! Perhaps the effects of poisoning were more severe than you expected, and you may need detailed diagnosis and professional medical care.
It is not enough to cure the acute stage of food poisoning. It must be remembered that your stomach has become extremely vulnerable. Therefore, support it by observing a therapeutic diet, herbal preparations and taking digestive enzymes. After the end of the recovery period, gastroenterologists recommend still some time to refrain from harmful products: fried, smoked, fatty and spicy foods, as well as from heavily carbonated drinks.