How to restore the work of the stomach after poisoning
Unfortunately, no one is immune from food poisoning. Stale or substandard products are not such a rarity in this age of high technology. After poisoning, any organism requires a period of adaptation and recovery. If you go to a doctor, he certainly recommended you further treatment to restore digestion and diet.
And what if the disease was mild, and everything was treated at home? How to restore the stomach after poisoning at home? First of all, in any case, you have to follow a diet.
Why do we need a therapeutic diet after poisoning
During the illness, among other things, the mucous membrane of the stomach is affected. Cells responsible for the production of mucus and gastric juice need time to recover. Acidity of gastric juice temporarily decreases. Perhaps the development of inflammation of the mucous membrane (gastritis), but most often the pain occurs due to "nervous stomach syndrome." Irritation caused by mechanical factors - or fibrous food, or chemical - sharp, fried, smoked, sour, leads to painful spasms.
Restoration of digestion after poisoning primarily depends on the quality of food and its digestibility in the stomach. Therefore, within one to two weeks it is extremely important to observe the principles of healthy eating.
- Eat often, but little by little. The stomach has a small volume, in addition, it digests well the contents only if it is filled to 2/3. therefore, it is preferable to eat 5–6 times a day in small portions of 250–300 ml.
- Filling fluid loss. Drink at least 2 liters of water per day. It is necessary to drink one or two glasses of water half an hour before meals, and after eating you should not drink for an hour. This is necessary to prepare the stomach for eating and proper secretion of gastric juice.
It is also useful to use mineral water to restore electrolyte balance in the body.
What foods can I eat after poisoning
Usually an acute process in food poisoning lasts 2–3 days. At this time, it is better to eat nothing at all, especially if there is no appetite. Drink more water, pharmaceutical solutions to maintain salt balance, weak green tea with sugar. You can eat dried white bread. Then in the diet is injected liquid porridge on the water: oatmeal, rice. In addition to the enveloping effect, they perfectly neutralize alkaline decomposition products in case of poisoning.
How to restore the work of the stomach after poisoning with diet? In addition to the mentioned cereals, recommend the following product groups:
- cereals: buckwheat and corn;
- mashed potatoes without butter;
- salted white cheese;
- boiled or stewed sea fish;
- fruits are used in the form of mashed potatoes: bananas, baked apples, dried fruit compotes;
- it is useful to eat borscht from sauerkraut, some salty foods are also allowed: herring or sprat;
- after a week, boiled or steamed meat is introduced - lean chicken, rabbit meat, veal;
- from dairy products in this period is useful cottage cheese.
The temperature of the food should be pleasantly warm, but not hot. From liquids it is good to drink kissel, green tea, and later diluted juices are introduced.
Intake of bifidobacteria is necessary in order to restore the microflora of the stomach and intestines. Kefir, yogurt and yogurt begin to use in 3-5 days after the stomach has calmed down.
What not to eat after poisoning
At first, animal squirrels should be limited. This food is hard digested by the human body, and after it releases a lot of harmful metabolic products. Such a load interferes with the recovery of the stomach after poisoning. Gastroenterologists do not recommend eating meat, eggs, milk and dairy products for one to two weeks after the acute course of the disease. It is also strictly prohibited to have the following products during this period:
- all generally accepted junk food: canned food, sausages, smoked meats;
- fried, marinated, spicy or food with a lot of spices;
- pears, plums, grapes;
- millet, barley, barley porridge, fresh bread, pastries;
- coffee , soda;
- sweet - do not recommend to use even such a useful product as honey;
- fat, including butter and vegetable oils;
- vegetables, fruits, berries in the raw.
It is also necessary to refrain from drinking and smoking. Alcohol and nicotine have a destructive effect even on a healthy stomach, what can we say about the organism that suffered poisoning.
Medications as an aid to diet
How to restore digestion after poisoning? Dieting is the only correct answer to this question. But to make the process more efficient, you can help the body a little.
To improve digestion, doctors recommend using enzyme preparations as a replacement therapy. The enzymes contained in them will help the stomach and intestines, until the production of their own digestive juices returns to normal. Take Pancreatin, Creon or Panzinorm, 1-2 tablets immediately after a meal.
It is useful to drink herbal extracts:
- one tablespoon of chamomile per cup of boiling water, drink ½ cup 3-4 times a day;
- Calendula two tablespoons per cup, take 1/3 cup three times a day;
- decoction of wild rose, black currant leaves can be drunk during the day instead of tea.
If after poisoning you are pursuing persistent pain in the stomach or liver, consult a doctor! Perhaps the consequences of the poisoning were more severe than you thought, and you may need detailed diagnostics and professional medical care.
It is not enough to cure the acute stage of food poisoning. It must be remembered that your stomach has become extremely vulnerable. Therefore, support him by adhering to a therapeutic diet, herbal preparations and ingestion of digestive enzymes. After the end of the recovery period, gastroenterologists recommend for some time to refrain from harmful products: fried, smoked, fatty and spicy foods, as well as from highly carbonated drinks.