How to remove alcohol from the body at home
Alcohol is one of the most formidable drugs, which causes severe poisoning of the body and fairly quick addiction to it. In developed countries, alcoholism affects from 1 to 10% of the population, and Russia is no exception here. In our country, there is a consistently high interest of citizens in alcohol. And recently the level of beer alcoholism has also increased. In this regard, the needs of many people in the fast sobering up.
So let's talk about how to quickly remove alcohol from the blood at home, what are the ways of sobering and contraindications to them. And also about the methods of stopping binge.
Ways to sober
There are drug and non-drug methods of bringing in a sense of alcohol intoxication. It is important to remember that sobering is applied only as a necessary measure, when a person needs to quickly regain the ability to think clearly.
These activities do not eliminate the painful craving for alcoholic beverages and are not a means for removing from hard drinking.
There are several ways to get rid of alcohol intoxication at home. Apply them at a stage when alcohol is already beginning to leave the body. The simplest thing you can do at home:
- brush your teeth with mint paste or rinse your mouth with mint water;
- washing with cold water, rubbing with a wet cold towel;
- cold shower;
- two to three cups of strong tea or coffee, plenty of drinks (compotes, juices, mineral water, or plain water);
- provide fresh air;
- intense physical exertion, visits to the bath or sauna cause intense sweating and quickly remove alcohol - this method strongly loads the cardiovascular system and creates a health risk even in apparently healthy people;
- citrus fruits contain ascorbic acid, which increases the rate of chemical reactions, which is good for neutralizing alcohol in the liver;
- Intensive rubbing of the ears for a few minutes is used to quickly bring a drunk person to life;
- products containing fructose accelerate sobering - it is present in all fruits and honey;
- intellectual load, for example, solving logical problems, filling a scanword will quickly bring the mind to life, make it work;
- garlic and succinic acid are effective due to the antioxidants they contain;
- milk slows down the absorption of alcohol.
The techniques are simple and they are very short. They are permissible to use when lightly intoxicated. They are ineffective in the case of medium and heavy hop state.
How to quickly remove alcohol from the body at home with moderate intoxication?
In this case, a good effect is gastric lavage. To hold it, you need to drink 1-1.5 liters of water or a weak solution of potassium permanganate and induce vomiting. The procedure is carried out until the washings lose the smell of alcohol. After washing the stomach, a solution consisting of 5 drops of ammonia and 30 milliliters of water is given to drink.
In case of moderate alcoholic intoxication, douche with cool water and a cool shower are also used. In addition, you can take a saline laxative and sorbent. To avoid dehydration, you will have to drink a lot.
Often, being in a state of intoxication, a person not easy does not want sobering up, and even shows aggressiveness towards those who are trying to do it. Such behavior is characteristic of people suffering from alcoholism. Therefore, we must act carefully and, if necessary, resort to medical care.
Information for drivers
Among the drivers, too, there are many drinkers who periodically wonder how to quickly remove alcohol from the body in order to get behind the wheel. But they need to understand that carrying out all of the above activities will not reduce the blood alcohol to the required level. That is, the ppm will be clearly less than before, but it will still not be low enough.
You can get behind the wheel at least a day after drinking alcohol!
The remaining methods of fast sobering are carried out in a hospital.
How at home to get a person out of moderate alcohol intoxication using drugs? Their use is allowed only by appointment of a specialist. His call is in the list of paid services of specialized clinics.
- Apomorphine, Cordiamine, Caffeine injections are administered subcutaneously, intramuscularly or intravenously. After apomorphine, it is recommended to drink up to 1.5 liters of warm water to stimulate vomiting.
- Apply also the appointment of large doses of metronidazole.
- Aspirin when administered subcutaneously causes profuse sweating, which increases the rate of ethanol removal from the blood. It is used in the form of effervescent tablets in combination with vitamin C, which is a good antioxidant. Such a combination gives a good sobering effect.
- Insulin is subcutaneously injected, then 40% glucose is injected intravenously.
In the case of severe intoxication or even the slightest suspicion of alcohol poisoning, when there is a threat of going into stupor and to whom, it is necessary to call an ambulance and decide on the issue of hospitalization.
How to get an alcoholic out of binge
Sobriety can be carried out if intoxication lasts no more than two days. In other cases, a rapid decrease in the concentration of ethyl alcohol in the body can trigger the so-called delirium or delirium tremens, not to mention psychosis and other negative consequences. How to get an alcoholic out of binge at home?
Effective elimination from this condition is based on the formation of intolerance and aversion to alcohol. If the patient is observed by a narcologist, which is far from always, he is prescribed special drugs. Family members are informed how to give them in case of binge drinking. Since the alcohol addict consciously refuses to take the prescribed drugs, they are mixed into the alcohol. There are herbal collections that cause aversion to drinks containing ethyl alcohol, but they need to be taken only as prescribed by a doctor.
In some clinics there are special teams that go to the house and carry out drip injection of solutions, thus removing intoxication and achieving gradual sobering. However, you have to hide or get rid of everything that contains alcohol. Such people should almost not be tied so that they do not run away to the store for a new batch of intoxicating drink. The safest way: hospitalization in a specialized clinic, where there is no access to alcohol and round-the-clock monitoring of patients.
Contraindications for sobering up
- Pathological intoxication.
- Hard time
With a binge, everything is clear, but how to recognize pathological intoxication? It is characterized by the following symptoms:
- when taking small doses of alcohol impaired consciousness, a person is disoriented and aggressive, productive contact with him is impossible;
- with epileptic form, strong anxiety and fear appear, outwardly it looks like a panic, a person rushes about, makes sharp impulsive actions;
- self-control is reduced, aggressive flashes are possible, the paranoid form is characterized by aggression towards others, the appearance of hallucinations and delusional experiences in humans.
Such people are socially dangerous. Pathological intoxication lasts from minutes to several hours and always ends in a deep sleep with a complete failure in the memory and time of intoxication.
Fast sobering is only suitable for healthy people who do not have alcohol dependence. Receptions should very rarely be used in case of excessive one-time drinking. They do not apply to the treatment of alcohol dependence.
Of course, the removal of alcohol from the body at home will not solve the problem of drunkenness, in which it is necessary to apply systematic treatment - it is carried out for a long time using different methods at the outpatient and inpatient levels. And you can get rid of alcohol from the body at home only with a slight degree of intoxication!