How to remove mercury from the human body
Mercury poisoning can occur in an acute and chronic form. Sources of mercury include medical thermometers, fluorescent and mercury lamps, industrial pollution of the environment (coal and gas combustion, galvanic batteries, some test equipment).
Mercury makes an active circulation in nature, therefore, it can accumulate in food, mainly in marine commercial fish. In humans, never directly in contact with mercury compounds, contains a small amount of it. The content of mercury in the blood should not exceed 20 ng / ml, in the urine - no more than 10 µg / l.
The most dangerous chronic form of mercury poisoning is mercury, especially for children. Its symptoms are not specific, so it is not always possible to diagnose the disease on time. Mercury - how is it dangerous for the human body? First of all, the excess of this metal has a detrimental effect on the tissues of the nervous system - hence, symptoms such as headaches, mental changes, mental decline, and impaired peripheral nervous activity develop. Below we will talk about how to diagnose mercury poisoning and how to remove mercury from the human body.
If you suspect mercury poisoning is necessary to conduct laboratory tests. There are several ways to determine the presence of mercury in the body.
Determination of free hemoglobin in the blood. With mercury poisoning, hemoglobin will be lowered. There are also other changes in the indicators: a decrease in the number of red blood cells, leukocytes, a shift of the leukocyte formula to the left and an increase in the ESR.
- Determination of mercury in the blood. It is carried out directly after the poisoning effect, since mercury in the bloodstream rather quickly disintegrates. Symptoms of poisoning develop when the content of mercury in the blood is more than 500 ng / ml.
- Determination of mercury in urine. The method is effective for several days after contact with mercury in the body. A urine mercury content of more than 600 µg / l causes symptoms of mercury poisoning.
- Examination of hair for mercury content. Mercury is deposited in the hair at the time it enters the body. Given that the hair grows at a speed of 1.5 cm per month, you can roughly set the period of receipt of the poison.
In the provocation test, a detox is used, which is administered to the patient, and then a urine test is taken. The method allows to determine the presence of mercury in the body and the effectiveness of this antidote.
How to remove mercury from the body by medication
To remove mercury from the body with the help of medicines, a number of drugs are used, the action of which is based on the binding of mercury and the formation of complex soluble compounds that can be removed with urine. Drug detoxification of the body from mercury is carried out using one of the drugs.
- "Unithiol" - the drug can not be used for peptic ulcer and hypertension.
- Succimer is used with caution in patients prone to allergies.
- "D-Penicillamine" - also has an anti-inflammatory effect, but is not recommended for kidney diseases.
- Thetacin-calcium - is widely used for inhaled mercury poisoning.
- Sodium thiosulfate - has anti-inflammatory, anti-toxic and desensitizing effect.
What is the best way to remove mercury from the body? The choice of drug depends on the route of mercury in the body. This may be the inhalation of vapors, the penetration of toxic compounds through the skin or through the gastrointestinal tract. It should be noted that pure mercury, for example, from a thermometer, is poorly absorbed into the body from the intestine, since it is practically insoluble in water. But there are some mercury compounds that are more dangerous if swallowed (nitrate, dioxide, oxycyanide).
When mercury compounds enter the gastrointestinal tract, the antidote is raw egg white.
In contact with mercury vapor, it is recommended to rinse your mouth with solutions of potassium permanganate or potassium chlorate (bertolet salt). How to remove mercury vapors from the body by inhalation of toxic substances? This is only possible with the help of special antidote preparations. The victim should be removed from the infection zone and call an ambulance. The doctor will determine the extent of the damage and carry out the necessary treatment. In case of acute poisoning, hospitalization may be required, in case of chronic course of the disease, an outpatient treatment course is given.
Increased urination helps to remove mercury from the body, so it is recommended to drink more fluids. Also prescribed vitamins and amino acids: taurine, methionine, vitamins C, B1 and B6.
How to remove mercury from the body folk remedies
With a slight degree of poisoning, as well as for the prevention, you can use the recipes of traditional medicine. They can also be used in addition to the main treatment. How to remove mercury from the body folk remedies? To do this, use products that help cleanse the body of toxins, helping the liver to cope with detoxification.
- Boiled rice has the ability to adsorb heavy metals and remove them from the body.
- Sea kale contains specific substances - alginates, which neutralize mercury.
- In the usual table beet contains flavonoids, neutralizing low-molecular toxic compounds.
- Potatoes have a high starch content. Due to this, it adsorbs and removes heavy metals from the body. By the way, the treatment of mercury poisoning with potatoes was used in antiquity.
- Get rid of excess mercury will help algae chlorella.
- Broths of oats, alfalfa or coriander accelerate the elimination of toxins from the body.
- Some fruits and berries contain many pectin compounds with antitoxic properties, as well as vitamin C. Eating apples, raspberries, blackberries, pears, apricots, and turn can significantly speed up the healing process.
- Increase the resistance of the liver products such as garlic, sesame, cilantro, tea from calendula, rosehip, chamomile or sea buckthorn.
How to remove mercury from the body of the child
Poisoning a growing body with mercury is most dangerous and can have far-reaching consequences. How to remove mercury from the body of the child? This question should be solved by a doctor. It must be remembered that inhaling vapor even from a broken thermometer can be dangerous - for example, if a child has been indoors for a long time, or mercury has gotten on something warm or hot and quickly evaporated. In the case of a proper response to the situation and proper disposal of mercury, the health effects are minimal. It is necessary to rinse the child's mouth with potassium permanganate and give to drink a solution of egg white (1: 1 with water) or any adsorbent - activated carbon, Polysorb MP and others. If mercury gets into the stomach, it is necessary to provoke vomiting.
If you suspect mercury poisoning in a child should immediately consult a doctor and insist on the necessary tests. Indeed, often the symptoms resemble the usual food poisoning: fever, diarrhea, nausea. The situation is complicated by the fact that often children hide the fact of a broken thermometer or lamp.
Diagnose - mercury poisoning, can only be a doctor after conducting appropriate tests. He will appoint the necessary course of detoxification. Special preparations-antidotes are used to neutralize mercury compounds: "Unithiol", succimer, sodium thiosulfate and others. They are administered intravenously or intramuscularly, the course of treatment depends on the amount of mercury accumulated in the body.
How to remove mercury from the body at home? For this, in addition to medical treatment, a diet based on rice, beets, sea kale, potatoes is recommended. Well removes heavy metals from the body cilantro. To maintain liver function, fruits and berries rich in pectin and vitamin C are consumed: apples, pears, apricots, raspberries and blackberries.