How to remove mercury from the human body
Mercury poisoning can occur in acute and chronic form. Sources of mercury - medical thermometers, fluorescent and mercury lamps, industrial pollution of the environment (burning of coal and gas, galvanic batteries, some instrumentation).
Mercury is actively circulating in nature, so it can accumulate in food, mainly in marine commercial fish. In the human body, which has never directly contacted mercury compounds, contains a small amount of it. The mercury content in the blood should not exceed 20 ng / ml, in urine - no more than 10 mcg / l.
The most dangerous form of chronic mercury poisoning is mercury, especially for children. Symptoms are not specific, so it is not always possible to diagnose the disease on time. Mercury - what is it dangerous for the human body? Above all, the excess of this metal has a harmful effect on the tissues of the nervous system - hence symptoms such as headaches, changes in the psyche, a decrease in mental abilities, a violation of peripheral nervous activity. Below we will talk about the way in which mercury poisoning is diagnosed and how to remove mercury from the human body.
If suspected of mercury poisoning, laboratory tests should be carried out. There are several ways to determine the presence of mercury in the body.
Determination of free hemoglobin in the blood. With mercury poisoning, hemoglobin will be lowered. There are also other changes in the indices: decrease in the number of red blood cells, leukocytes, a shift of the leukocyte formula to the left and an increase in ESR.
- Determination of mercury in the blood. Conduct it immediately after the poisonous effect, as mercury in the bloodstream dissociates rather quickly. Symptoms of poisoning develop with a mercury content in the blood of more than 500 ng / ml.
- Determination of mercury in urine. The method is effective for several days after exposure to mercury in the body. The content of mercury in the urine above 600 μg / l leads to the appearance of symptoms of mercury poisoning.
- Study hair for mercury content. Mercury is deposited in the hair at the time it enters the body. Given that the hair grows at a rate of 1.5 cm per month, you can roughly set the period of poison intake.
In the provocation test, detox is used, which is administered to the patient, and then a urinalysis is taken. The method allows to determine the presence of mercury in the body and the effectiveness of this antidote.
How to remove mercury from the body medically
To remove mercury from the body with the help of medications, a number of drugs are used, the action of which is based on the binding of mercury and the formation of complex soluble compounds that can be removed together with urine. Medication detoxication of the body from mercury is carried out using one of the drugs.
- "Unitiol" - the drug can not be used for peptic ulcer and hypertension.
- Succimer is used with caution in patients prone to allergies.
- "D-Penicillamine" - also has an anti-inflammatory effect, but is not recommended for kidney diseases.
- Tetazin-calcium - is widely used for inhalation poisoning with mercury.
- Sodium thiosulfate - has an anti-inflammatory, antitoxic and desensitizing effect.
The better to remove mercury from the body? The choice of the drug depends on the pathway of mercury entering the body. It can be inhalation of fumes, penetration of toxic compounds through the skin or through the gastrointestinal tract. It should be noted that pure mercury, for example, from a thermometer, is poorly absorbed into the body from the intestine, since it practically does not dissolve in water. But there are some mercury compounds that pose a great danger when swallowed (nitrate, dioxide, hydroxyanide).
When mercury compounds enter the gastrointestinal tract, the antidote is a raw egg white.
In contact with mercury vapor, it is recommended to rinse the mouth with solutions of potassium permanganate or potassium chlorate (Berthollet salt). How to remove mercury vapor from the body by inhaling poisonous substances? This, perhaps, only with the help of special drugs-antidotes. The victim should be removed from the contaminated area and called an ambulance. The doctor will determine the extent of the lesion and carry out the necessary treatment. In acute poisoning, hospitalization may be required, in the chronic course of the disease, an outpatient treatment course is performed.
Removing mercury from the body contributes to increased urination, so it is recommended to drink more liquid. Vitamins and amino acids are also prescribed: taurine, methionine, vitamins C, B1 and B6.
How to remove mercury from the body with folk remedies
With a mild degree of poisoning, as well as for the prevention, you can use the recipes of traditional medicine. They can also be used in addition to basic treatment. How to remove mercury from the body with folk remedies? To do this, use products that help to cleanse the body of toxins, helping the liver to cope with detoxification.
- Boiled rice has the ability to adsorb heavy metals and remove them from the body.
- Sea kale contains specific substances - alginates, detoxifying mercury.
- In the usual dining room, beets contain flavonoids, which neutralize low molecular weight toxic compounds.
- The potato has a high starch content. Due to this, it adsorbs and removes heavy metals from the body. By the way, the treatment of mercury poisoning with potatoes was used in ancient times.
- Algae chlorella helps to get rid of excess mercury.
- Decoctions of oats, alfalfa or coriander accelerate the removal of toxins from the body.
- Some fruits and berries contain many pectin compounds that have antitoxic properties, as well as vitamin C. By eating apples, raspberries, blackberries, pears, apricots, and turn, the process of recovery can be greatly accelerated.
- Increase the resistance of the liver products such as garlic, sesame, coriander, calendula tea, dog rose, chamomile or sea-buckthorn.
How to remove mercury from the child's body
The poisoning of a growing body by mercury is the most dangerous and can have far-reaching consequences. How to remove mercury from the child's body? This question should be decided by the doctor. It must be remembered that inhaling fumes, even from a broken thermometer, can be dangerous - for example, if the child has been kept indoors for a long time, or the mercury has got on something warm or hot and quickly evaporated. In case of correct response to the situation and competent removal of mercury, the health consequences are minimal. You need to rinse the baby's mouth with potassium permanganate and give him a solution of egg white (1: 1 with water) or any adsorbent - activated carbon, "Polysorb MP" and others. If mercury enters the stomach, it is necessary to provoke vomiting.
If suspected of mercury poisoning, the child should immediately consult a doctor and insist on the necessary tests. After all, often the symptoms resemble the usual food poisoning: temperature, diarrhea, nausea. The situation is further complicated by the fact that children often hide the fact of a broken thermometer or lamp.
To diagnose - poisoning with mercury, can only the doctor after carrying out of the corresponding analyzes. He will prescribe the necessary course of detoxification. To neutralize mercury compounds, special antidote preparations are used: "Unithiol", succimer, sodium thiosulfate and others. They are administered intravenously or intramuscularly, the course of treatment depends on the amount of mercury accumulated in the body.
How to remove mercury from the body at home? For this, in addition to drug treatment, a diet based on rice, beets, sea kale, and potatoes is recommended. Well removes heavy metals from the corpuscles. To support the work of the liver, fruits and berries rich in pectin and vitamin C are used: apples, pears, apricots, raspberries and blackberries.