How to remove excess fluid from the body for weight loss
Fluid retention in the body is nothing but a manifestation of the protective mechanism of self-regulation. This happens for many reasons. At first, a person does not notice any changes, unless there is an unreasonable weight gain. If you leave the problem without attention, then there may be unpleasant consequences in the form of persistent morning edema, swollen face and poor health. Severe edema cannot be ignored - they can be a symptom of a cardiovascular or renal disease, be a consequence of hormonal disorders. To identify the causes, you must consult a doctor and undergo a medical examination.
Delay of excess fluid in the body can occur due to quite banal reasons - a sedentary lifestyle, drinking alcohol, improper diet. Those who plan to lose weight with the help of diets, first of all, you need to know how to remove excess fluid from the body. Due to the loss of water, you can achieve quick and noticeable results - 2-3 kg take just a few days.
Why does water accumulate in the human body and how to remove fluid from the body at home?
Why is not extra fluid excreted from the body
Where does excess body water come from? Everything is very simple. If the kidneys and the cardiovascular system are okay, then your body simply stores water, leaving it in the intercellular space. The body does this in the event of an excess of salts, in order to dilute slags and toxins, as well as due to lack of clean water coming from the outside.
The appearance of edema, possibly for hormonal reasons. Often water retention occurs in women in violation of the monthly cycle. In this case, you need to consult a doctor, but you can reduce swelling with the help of folk remedies (in addition to the main treatment).
Here are the main reasons why fluid is retained in the body.
- Lack of water. On the day, a person should drink 6–8 glasses of pure water - this is exactly how much your body needs to maintain water-salt balance. All other fluids do not fill the need, and some of them, such as tea and coffee, dehydrate the body.
- The use of diuretic fluids. With regular consumption of diuretic foods and beverages, the body stores water for the future. First of all swelling, sweet soda, beer and other alcohol contribute to edema.
- Abuse of salt. The rate of salt intake for a healthy person is 4-15 grams per day. In hot weather and with intense physical exertion, this figure will increase, since then people lose up to 50 grams of sodium chloride (for example, marathon runners in the heat). The body must remove excess salt, and to do that it needs water. With constant abuse, the body accumulates water to dilute the salt and restore electrolyte balance. Surplus of sugar and meat act in a similar way.
- Sedentary lifestyle. From interstitial spaces fluid flows through the lymphatic vessels. This happens mainly due to the contraction of the surrounding muscle tissue. Therefore, with a sedentary lifestyle, it is difficult for the body to effectively remove water.
As you can see, the problem of water retention is complex. Therefore, before you go on a diet to remove fluid from the body and lose weight, try to follow simple recommendations and slightly change your lifestyle.
Simple tips on how to remove excess fluid from the body
Sometimes a simple change in the daily routine works wonders. Here is what you need to do to normalize the water balance in the body.
- Drink 1.5–2 liters of clean water every day; use the bulk of the liquid before 6 pm.
- Control salt intake at 3-5 grams per day. For hypertensive patients, this figure drops to 1 gram per day.
- Do not drink alcohol, sweet soda, and minimize tea and coffee.
- Allocate time for regular physical exertion. This may be a morning exercise or walking for 30–40 minutes. To remove leg swelling, it is helpful to lie on your back for 10–15 minutes, lifting your legs 45–90 degrees and leaning them against a wall.
In addition to this, review the diet if possible by eliminating products that retain water in the body.
What foods remove fluid from the body
To begin with, what categories of products lead to fluid retention:
- fats and oils;
- salted, smoked and marinated products.
It is clear that many products of the modern food industry fall into this category: canned fish and meat, brisket, ham, brisket, grilled chicken, caviar, sausages, sausages, sauces and cheeses. Prohibited fatty desserts, mayonnaise, cream. During the diet you need to abandon them completely. In the future, their use is limited by allocating 10–15% of the total diet, or allocating one “relaxing” day a week.
We list the products that remove fluid from the body. This food is rich in fiber or contains a lot of potassium:
- cereals: oatmeal and rice porridge, muesli;
- wholemeal bread;
- Strawberry wild-strawberry;
- greens: parsley, celery, nettle, sorrel;
- Birch juice;
- beet and cabbage juices;
- green tea;
- beans and peas;
- apples, pumpkin, cabbage, zucchini, eggplant, apricots and dried fruits.
Everything that removes water from the body helps to cope with edema.
How to remove water from the body for weight loss? After the normalization of water and salt in the human body to achieve a quick effect, you can use special diets. They not only get rid of excess fluid, but also remove toxins and slags.
Here are some ways to get rid of excess fluid from the body for weight loss.
First you need to do an enema to clean the intestines. Then begin a seven-day diet. At the same time every day they drink 1.5 liters of kefir and eat the following products:
- first day - boiled potatoes, 5 pieces;
- second day - boiled chicken, 100 grams;
- third day - boiled veal, 100 grams;
- the fourth day - fish, 100 grams;
- the fifth day - vegetables and fruits, except banana and grapes;
- the sixth day only kefir;
- the seventh day - mineral water without gas.
Another way to remove water from the body quickly - milk.
- Cooking milk. At 1.5-2 liters of low-fat milk, take one and a half tablespoons of green or black tea. Tea is brewed with boiling milk in a thermos or in a saucepan in a water bath (15 minutes).
- The first three days they drink only milk, dividing, the total amount of 5-6 servings.
- Starting from the fourth day, they put oatmeal in the water, vegetable soups without potatoes, stewed vegetables and some boiled meat.
- The diet lasts 10 days, at the end of the period to the normal diet returns gradually.
By the way, simple fasting days on oatmeal well clean the intestines and remove excess water from the tissues. To do this, during the day they eat only oatmeal boiled in water without salt and sugar. Just a day will need about 500 grams of cereal. Porridge can drink herbal tea or broth hips.
How to remove excess fluid from the body folk remedies
The easiest way to get rid of excess fluid from the body with folk remedies is to replace daily drinks with herbal teas that have a slight diuretic effect. It may be:
- dog rose;
- dried peel of apples;
- birch leaf;
There are herbs that remove fluid from the body, which must be dosed out - they are strong diuretic drugs:
- wheat grass;
- arnica flowers;
Recommendations for use are described in the instructions, but usually herbs drink as a decoction at the rate of 1 tablespoon per glass of water per day.
To help remove excess fluid from the body help baths and saunas. Visiting the steam room once a week, get rid of toxins and toxins, excess salt and water, train the heart and blood vessels. Massage has an excellent preventive and therapeutic effect.
It is also useful to do various exercises. Well stimulates lymph circulation articular gymnastics. Giving her 15–20 minutes a day can not only cope with edema, but also avoid osteochondrosis, arthritis and other unpleasant diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Drugs that remove fluid from the body
To take drugs that remove fluid from the body, it is possible only on the recommendation of a doctor! As a one-time measure to eliminate edema, you can use light diuretics:
- "Ethacrynic acid".
These pills flush out electrolytes from the body and can lead to an imbalance and impaired metabolism.
In conclusion, let us dwell on the main points of how to cope with excess fluid and edema. The first step is to normalize the flow of water and salt into the body. To do this, they drink 1.5–2 liters of pure water every day and consume no more than 3-4 grams of salt (they increase the norm during heat and physical exertion). The diet is enriched with foods rich in fiber and potassium: vegetables and fruits, nuts, greens, cereals and wholemeal bread. Eliminate the use of alcohol and sweet soda, reduce the amount of black tea and coffee. To achieve fast results, you can use special diets, and if you need a long-term effect, then drink decoctions of herbs with a weak diuretic effect instead of regular tea.