How to remove nicotine from the body at home
Who does not know that a drop of nicotine kills a horse? Nevertheless, smokers do not become less. Both men and women smoke. Many of them, realizing the harm it causes to the body, are trying to fight a pernicious addiction. Unfortunately, not everyone can beat themselves.
But quitting smoking is only half the battle. To feel healthy, you must completely get rid of the nicotine poisoning of the body, that is, from harmful substances that have accumulated for many years. We will talk about how to remove nicotine from the body, eliminate the negative effects of other components of tobacco smoke.
How much nicotine is excreted
People who decide to quit are interested in the question: after how much time is nicotine removed from the body. Penetrating through the lungs into the blood, this tobacco alkaloid quickly penetrates all the cells of the body. The half-life is an average of two hours. Metabolized in the liver by cytochrome P450. As a result, cotinine is formed, which has a negative effect on the most important systems. This metabolite is excreted by the kidneys. Two days later, there is no trace of him.
It takes little time to rid the body of nicotine, but it will take from 3 to 15 years to restore the organs. Much worse is the case with other components of tobacco smoke. And there are more than 4 thousand. The lungs are freed from tar in about three years. Some substances leave the body very slowly, continuing to cause harm to health, the purification process can take up to 50 years! It all depends on the smoking experience.
Nutrition to cleanse the body
Nutrition plays an important role in cleansing. The recommendations here are very simple. Useful products are available to everyone. We'll talk more about those that remove nicotine from the body.
- Fruits and berries contain pectins. These substances bind, and then remove toxins. Vitamins improve metabolic processes in the body, which also accelerates the process of purification from nicotine. It is useful to use apples, citrus fruits, sea buckthorn, cranberries, currants, pomegranates, prunes. These foods are rich in antioxidants.
- Fresh juices will help fill the deficit of vitamins and cleanse the body. Here, diversity is important. It can be carrot, tomato, apple orange juice.
It is recommended to drink green tea, cocoa, red wine, which also contains antioxidants.
- Celery has a diuretic effect, improves digestion, normalizes the activity of the nervous system, heart and blood vessels.
- Beet has a positive effect on the work of the digestive system, especially the liver, stimulates bowel cleansing.
- Cabbage is rich in vitamins, minerals, and plant fibers.
- Onions and garlic increase the body's resistance to infections, help fight atherosclerosis, which quickly develops in smokers, stabilize blood pressure, eliminate toxins.
- Artichoke, nuts, beans can also be included in your diet.
- Dairy products bind harmful substances, which contributes to their rapid removal. It is better to use yogurt, sour cream, kefir.
What helps to remove nicotine from the body
Answering the question what else helps to remove nicotine from the body, it is worth mentioning the healthy habits that need to be formed.
Regular exercise, such as fitness, dancing, running, walking, improves blood circulation, stimulates metabolic processes in the body. This increases sweating, and then, as you know, harmful substances are removed. A cardiovascular, respiratory system is being trained. Active breathing is accompanied by the purification of the lungs and the saturation of the blood with oxygen.
The load must be increased gradually, you can not bring yourself to exhaustion, because of this more harm than good. You can go swimming. Yoga helps to calm the nervous system, and the person who quit smoking is experiencing real stress.
Sauna and bath
Visiting the steam room can people who have no contraindications to exposure to high temperatures. Thermal procedures contribute to the expansion of pores, profuse sweating, enhance blood circulation. It also helps remove all excess from the body.
Strengthen the effectiveness of the procedure can be using essential oils of fir or eucalyptus, while the respiratory system is cleared. You can go to the bath 2 times a week.
Walks in the open air
It is especially useful to walk in the coniferous forest, since the air in such places has healing properties.
Besides the fact that the body receives physical exertion, the forest air has a bracing effect, enriches the body with oxygen, kills germs and cleanses the lungs.
You need to drink plenty of fluids - at least 2-3 liters of regular water per day. Due to this, there is increased urine formation, which helps to quickly remove nicotine from the body. The remaining harmful substances are removed.
People with high blood pressure cannot take so much liquid. You can restrict a liter of water or a little more.
Vitamins and antioxidants
Vitamin and mineral complexes contain all the elements that are necessary for normal functioning of the heart, blood vessels, organs of the digestive system, respiration, and urination. Vitamins and trace elements are involved in the work of enzyme systems, which determine the rate of elimination of toxins from the body.
Antioxidants increase resistance to the adverse effects of toxic substances. It is necessary to take ascorbic acid, vitamins E and A. Coenzyme Q10 can be used. This coenzyme neutralizes the action of free radicals, protecting cells from death, has a positive effect on the heart muscle, reduces tissue hypoxia, and increases efficiency.
How to remove nicotine from the lungs
There are many ways to get nicotine from the lungs. Some of them have already been mentioned earlier: walks, sauna, sports. But this is not all possibilities.
- Respiratory gymnastics helps to saturate the blood with oxygen, allows the lungs to fully open. The work includes even those departments of the lung tissue that had not been involved before. Active breathing contributes to the removal of mucus, from which harmful substances deposited on the bronchi are removed. The simplest exercise is to take a deep breath, and after a short breath hold, exhale sharply in three steps. It is better to engage in fresh air or with an open window.
- Healing inhalations have a positive effect on the bronchial tree. For this you can use decoctions based on chamomile, mint, eucalyptus. No less effective essential oils: fir, eucalyptus. Such inhalations help reduce inflammation in the wall of the bronchi and active sputum separation.
- Medicinal herbs have expectorant and anti-inflammatory effects. For cleansing the lungs from nicotine fit: coltsfoot, licorice, oregano, thyme. They can be used individually or use ready-made fees.
How to remove nicotine from the body folk remedies
Now let's talk about how to get nicotine at home using traditional medicine.
Broth oats. Untreated oats should be thoroughly washed, put in a small saucepan. Add 400 ml of milk, bring to a boil. Then reduce the fire. To languish until the volume is reduced about two times. The resulting mass knead and mix. Take 100 ml before lunch. If necessary, the number of receptions can be increased up to 4 times a day. This will help clear the effects of smoking and nicotine on the lungs and liver.
- In the morning after sleep it is useful to drink a glass of water with the addition of 15 milliliters of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey.
- Cut onion and garlic, add honey. Put the mixture in the jar, close the lid. Within a few hours, juice will begin to stand out, which is taken in 15 milliliters several times a day.
- Licorice and lime blossom are excellent cleansing agents for the lungs, including nicotine. It is necessary to mix 4 teaspoons of licorice and 3 lime flowers. Mixture pour boiling water, insist half an hour. Strain, and then use in the form of heat 3 times a day, 150 ml. Treatment continued for 1 month.
Here, perhaps, are all the main ways how to quickly remove nicotine from the body. Now, the main thing is to want to quit smoking. It takes a lot of time and effort, but it's worth it. It is much more pleasant to feel healthy, full of strength, than a decrepit old man with a burden of serious illnesses.