Is it possible to drink kefir after poisoning
Any food poisoning is manifested by nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and sometimes fever. All this is a protective reaction of the body to the introduction of the pathogen, aimed at removing the pathogenic microbe.
In this situation, it is necessary to help the body cope with intoxication and recover quickly after it. How to do it? Some advise to drink kefir at the same time. Let's try to figure out how kefir will act and is it possible to drink it in case of poisoning? To do this, let's talk about its composition and beneficial properties.
The composition and properties of kefir
This is a fermented milk drink made from whole or skimmed milk by fermenting. In other words, lactic acid fungi, bifidobacteria, lactobacteria are added to milk (up to 22 different types of microorganisms in total) and wait a certain time. In the process of fermentation and get everyone's favorite thick drink. In its composition, in addition to bacteria, it is rich in vitamins, micro-and macro-elements, nucleic acids, proteins and fats.
Kefir is an excellent probiotic, that is, it improves the composition and quality of the normal intestinal microflora, inhibits the growth of pathogenic microorganisms and fungi, speeds up the digestion and parietal absorption of food. It also strengthens the immune system well, has a mild laxative effect on the intestines, and quenches thirst. In addition, the waste products of lactobacilli and acidophilic rods neutralize and remove toxins and wastes from the body, restore damaged epithelium, stimulate the synthesis of immunoglobulin A.
Indications for taking kefir in case of poisoning
With acute symptoms of intoxication, medical fasting is indicated for a day. From the second day, if you reduce vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, you can drink compotes, sweet strong tea with breadcrumbs. After 2 days, the ration is expanded with cereals, chicken broth, and egg. All milk and dairy products in case of poisoning are contraindicated. This is a reasonable explanation.
Kefir in case of poisoning is contraindicated for two reasons:
- an acidic product will irritate the already inflamed gastric mucosa (with severe poisoning, hemorrhages in the thickness of the stomach walls are possible);
- kefir in case of poisoning accelerates intestinal motility, exacerbating the phenomena of diarrheal syndrome.
But the question whether it is possible to drink kefir after poisoning should be answered positively. As a rule, the restoration of the diet occurs after the disappearance of all symptoms. Kefir in this case will have the best effect for restoring the intestinal micro-landscape. Due to the action of the toxin on the mucous membrane, reproduction of pathogenic microcultures, there are violations of the digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Amino acids, sugars, fats and vitamins do not penetrate poorly through the damaged villi of the intestinal wall into the bloodstream, the number of beneficial microflora drops sharply, and the risk of other bacterial or fungal infections increases. Kefir in this case can and even should be taken after daily poisoning to update the microflora. Usually they drink 1 glass in the morning and at night for 10–14 days. For therapeutic purposes and to enhance the effect, various prebiotics can be added to kefir (Lactobacterin, Bifidumbacterin, Hilak, etc.).
- Children's age . You can not drink kefir for up to a year due to the intolerance of casein protein, and then use only children’s with an alcohol content of not more than 0.5%.
- Diseases of the stomach with high acidity are a standard contraindication (gastric ulcer, erosive gastritis, hyperacid gastritis, reflux esophagitis).
- Chronic diarrhea syndrome . Since a fermented milk drink has a laxative effect, it is not advisable to drink kefir after poisoning people with chronic disorders of the intestinal motor function. This will increase diarrhea and aggravate dehydration. Useful trace elements, vitamins and proteins are lost along with the liquid.
- Allergy to milk protein . Patients suffering from cow's milk protein intolerance are often interested in, and can they be kefir in case of poisoning? Absolutely not: neither dairy nor dairy products!
Summarizing, we can conclude that in no case should one drink kefir in case of poisoning against the background of the existing symptoms. This can lead to deterioration. But to use a fermented milk product after poisoning is simply necessary to restore the body!
By the way, regular use of this useful drink will not only reduce the risk of any poisoning, intoxication and gastrointestinal infections in the future, but also prolong youth, improve health and give longevity.