Is it possible to drink Smecta during food poisoning?
When poisoning doctors recommend taking drugs that neutralize poisons and toxins in the intestines and lead them out. One of these drugs is Smecta powder. This drug is unique in its own way. According to the pharmacological classification, it belongs to the group of antidiarrheal agents, that is, it is prescribed primarily for the symptomatic treatment of diarrhea.
The powder has an enveloping and adsorbing effect, neutralizing in the lumen of the intestine toxins and other substances harmful to the body. What helps Smecta, in what doses is it taken for poisoning and whether it has contraindications?
What helps smecta
The drug "Smecta" (international name - Diosmectite) is a clay powder of natural origin. The substance is extracted from natural rocks - aluminosilicates. Smectite dioctahedral has a specific molecular structure, due to which it has a selective absorbing action. It adsorbs toxins and poisons, whose molecules are of average size, and does not excrete vitamins and minerals from the body.
The action of "Smekty" in case of poisoning is reduced to the following.
- Absorption of the surface of the molecule of diosmectite poisons, toxins, pathogenic bacteria and their poisonous products of vital activity, food allergens, medicines.
- Removal of excess gas in swelling of the intestine.
- Enveloping effect due to improved quality of intestinal mucus. This reduces the irritating effect of poisons on the intestinal wall, stops diarrhea and relieves pain.
Is it possible to drink Smecta during poisoning?
The medicine is used in the following cases:
- acute and chronic diarrhea of any origin;
- infectious diseases accompanied by digestive disorders;
- increased gassing in the intestine.
Is it possible to drink Smecta during poisoning? Yes, if the toxic product has entered the body through the stomach. In this case, contraindications to the use of the drug are taken into account. "Smecta" in case of poisoning is especially effective if the disease is manifested by a digestive disorder associated with the development of a conditionally pathogenic microflora (for example, food poisoning with stale products).
How to Take Smectum in Food Poisoning
"Smecta" for food poisoning is used if diarrhea develops. However, it does not matter whether the food was of poor quality or the body reacted with an allergic reaction to an unfamiliar product. This medicine is often taken with them to travel to exotic countries - it perfectly helps with diarrhea, which develops from a change in diet. The medicine stops diarrhea, relieves the feeling of discomfort in the abdomen, removes excess gases from the intestine.
How to take Smectou in case of poisoning?
- The contents of 2-3 bags are stirred in half a glass of water and drunk after eating.
- The maximum daily intake for adults is 9 packets.
- Take three times a day at an equal interval.
- The course of treatment is 3-5 days, sometimes during the week. The drug is taken until the disappearance of signs of digestive disorders (diarrhea, heartburn, bloating).
This medicine is taken not only for food poisoning, it can be used for other cases.
Application Smecta in alcohol poisoning
"Smecta" for alcohol poisoning can be taken for prophylactic purposes or for the treatment of hangover syndrome. The drug removes alcohol from the intestine, thereby reducing its entry into the blood, and the products of the decomposition of ethyl alcohol.
- To reduce the effect of intoxication take 2-3 bags of "Smekty" immediately before the feast.
- To prevent the development of hangover syndrome, the drug is taken after drinking alcohol.
- If after taking the drug for half an hour there was vomiting, then "Smektu" is re-consumed in the amount of 2 sachets.
- In case of poisoning with low-quality alcoholic products, vomiting is caused, then 3 bags of "Smekty" are taken.
When poisoning with alcoholic products of suspicious origin, in case of symptoms of severe poisoning, an ambulance team should be called up.
How to give Smecta for poisoning in children
"Smecta" for poisoning in children is used to eliminate symptoms of digestive disorders - diarrhea, swelling, as a one-time measure for dyspeptic phenomena (abnormal stomach activity). Due to its adsorption capacity, the drug is somewhat inferior to other enterosorbents of the new generation (Enterosgel, Polyphepan) and will slowly remove toxins from the intestine. But Smecta has an enveloping effect, which has a beneficial effect on the inflamed wall of the intestine, so this drug has a more pronounced antidiarrheal effect. In general, Smectu is preferable to use in food poisoning and poisons, which are very irritating to the intestinal mucosa, other sorbents - with accidental ingestion of poisons and medicines into the stomach.
Smecta in case of poisoning: instruction for use in children. In acute diarrhea, the drug is prescribed in the following dosages.
- At the age of up to a year - 2 bags per day. Separate the drug into three doses, diluting the powder immediately before use in a small amount of water (about 50 ml) or liquid foods.
- From 1 year to 2 years - 4 bags per day.
- After a lapse of three days, if necessary, the dose is reduced by a factor of two.
In case of application for other indications, the dose for children under one year is 1 packet per day, at the age of 1-2 years - 2 sachets, over 2 years - up to 3 sachets per day. For children, special variations of "Smekty" with orange or strawberry flavor are produced.
Contraindications and side effects
This medication has its own contraindications for use. Is it possible for pregnant women to take Smecta for poisoning? Yes, you can. The drug has no restrictions on the age of the patient, is allowed to pregnant and lactating women. It does not affect the condition of the fetus and does not change the composition of breast milk, since it is not completely absorbed from the intestine into the blood.
Contraindications to use can serve as some violations of intestinal motility and carbohydrate metabolism:
- mechanical intestinal obstruction;
- insufficiency of sucrose-isomaltase;
- intolerance to fructose;
- violation of absorption of glucose-galactose.
Use caution when medication is prone to constipation. In case of an overdose, it is possible that constipation develops after the dose adjustment.
The drug "Smecta" is effective in poisoning, accompanied by the development of acute diarrhea. The medicine has the ability to absorb toxins and poisons, taking them out, and, in addition, has an enveloping effect. This distinguishes Smect from other intestinal sorbents. It can be taken with increased gas production in the intestines and heartburn, with alcohol poisoning and digestive disorders as a result of a change in the habitual diet. This medicine has no age restrictions, it is prescribed to infants, pregnant and lactating women.