Yogurt, being a tasty and useful product, does not take the last place in the diet of a modern person. He is loved by both adults and children. But the use of this sour dairy dessert can lead to serious consequences.
Very often yogurt poisoning happens in children, but adults can also suffer. Than yogurt is dangerous for health, as it is shown and what it is necessary to do in case of poisoning - we will try to understand.
Causes of yogurt poisoning
There are several reasons why, possibly, yogurt poisoning:
- disrupted production technology: the use of contaminated milk, penetration of pathogens of infection in the production process;
- improper storage and transportation;
- expired shelf life.
This applies not only to those yoghurts that are produced in enterprises, but also products of own production. Poisoning of overdue yogurt occurs most often, but this is very easy to avoid.
The immediate cause of the negative effects on the body are bacteria, as well as their toxins. In sour-milk products, streptococci, E. coli and shigella (the causative agent of dysentery) reproduce well. These microorganisms and the products of their vital activity affect the digestive organs. Getting into the blood, toxic substances have an effect on other body systems: nervous and cardiovascular.
Do not eat foods that have the following symptoms:
- unusual odor, usually unpleasant;
- heterogeneous consistency;
- points of mold;
- inflated packaging;
- the expiration date has long passed.
Symptoms of yogurt poisoning
The reaction of the body when receiving poor-quality food is aimed at getting rid of it as quickly as possible. This is manifested by vomiting and diarrhea. There may be a high temperature, which prevents the active activity of bacteria and neutralizes their toxins. Consider the symptoms of yogurt poisoning in more detail.
Signs indicating the use of a spoiled product appear several hours after eating. Sometimes the period from the moment of taking food to the appearance of clinical symptoms can last for a day, or even more.
The disease can begin gradually, with mild indisposition and discomfort in the abdomen. But the acute principle is more typical for food poisoning.
The main symptoms are:
- frequent loose stools;
- abdominal pain, mostly cramping, aching can decrease after going to the toilet;
- vomiting, which can be repeated many times;
- increase in body temperature to 38-39 °, but not always;
- symptoms of intoxication: lethargy, fatigue, weakness, headaches;
- Dehydration is manifested by thirst and dry mouth.
The poisoning of yogurt in a child is most severe. In this case, perhaps, the appearance of convulsive seizures amid high fever, severe dehydration and loss of consciousness.
The diagnosis is established on the basis of complaints, the connection with the reception of a particular sour-milk product and typical clinical manifestations. The causative agent of an infection, as a rule, remains unknown, as many people in such situation to the doctor do not address. But if a person applied for medical help, then the vomit, as well as the excrement, are performed to exclude serious infectious diseases, such as dysentery. In some cases, the blood is examined.
Help the victim
The first thing to do when poisoning with yogurt is to get rid of the remnants of a spoiled product in the body. To do this you need:
- rinse the stomach after drinking 3-4 cups of water;
- take 8 to 10 tablets of activated carbon.
The situation is more complicated if a small child has been poisoned. In this case, it will not be possible to wash the stomach. Purification occurs naturally with vomit masses and a loose stool. But in order to avoid pronounced dehydration, it is necessary to replenish the lost fluid. It is better to use a solution of Regidron. To give on a teaspoon every 5 minutes. Taking large amounts of water will immediately provoke vomiting. Activated carbon will successfully replace Smecta. Children can also be given Enterosgel.
The second important point is to call an ambulance. If the condition causes concern, then hospitalization in the infectious disease department is required. Otherwise - we are treated at home. Children are always required to consult a doctor!
Yogurt poisoning treatment
Further treatment for yogurt poisoning involves a number of activities.
- Diet. On the first day of illness it is better to refrain from eating food, as this may result in another bout of vomiting. When improving the condition, you should start taking food gradually, in small portions. Exclude fruits, vegetables, fatty, spicy and fried foods. Temporarily remove dairy products from the menu.
- Abundant drink. It can be mineral water without gas, herbal infusion, regular tea with the addition of honey. At first, drink a little, but often.
- Continue to take enterosorbents: Polysorb MP, Enterosgel, Polyphepanum or Smektu.
- The use of antiemetic, antidiarrheal drugs and antimicrobial agents is carried out only according to the doctor's prescription.
- Of folk methods can be useful: rice broth, infusion of cherry, or a solution of starch.
Improvement of the condition and recovery in mild cases occurs within the first three days. For some time, avoid harmful and irritating digestive tract food. Strong tea and coffee should be replaced with herbal decoctions.
How to avoid poisoning
In order not to become another victim of spoiled yogurt, it is necessary:
- to buy the products of a trusted manufacturer;
- do not use suspicious products;
- pay attention to the date to which you should use yogurt;
- Keep refrigerated;
- if yogurt is cooked at home - use high-quality milk.
Once again I want to emphasize that the choice of food should be taken seriously. If yogurt is in doubt - do not take. If you have already bought and think about whether to use it - do not eat. Better to throw away without regret than to endanger your body and the health of your loved ones.