Canned food poisoning
Canned food can be at any time, without even waiting. After all, even seemingly high-quality canned food can cause symptoms of food poisoning.
Especially careful to be with canned food, made at home. It is necessary to remember every little thing when self-canning, because mistakes can lead to negative consequences.
It is important to remember that when the canned seal is depressurized, its contents become rapidly deteriorating, and the metal packaging ceases to protect the product. The contents of the canned must be immediately put into a glass jar or used. But this will also prolong the shelf life of canned food.
A fashionable type of canned fish is preserved food (that is, not sterilized). If the product is sterilized and sealed, it does not require careful selection of the storage location. In a dry place, at room temperature, it will last for years. But in the case of preserves it is necessary to be more careful, since they are not sterilized and therefore have a short shelf life.
Some facts about the storage of canned food:
- Canned food is sold in metal cans and after a certain time they may have a metallic taste.
- When frozen with canned food, nothing will happen, but the fish itself will become loose.
- Also, it is not recommended to store in wet areas, since practically no metal can resist and will eventually rust the bank.
- When microbes get into canned fish, fermentation takes place, gases are released. Banks are blown up and all contents turn into poison.
Symptoms of canned food poisoning.
When canned fish poisoning, the following symptoms occur:
- Nausea is a sign of mild poisoning. It will not cause you serious complications, most importantly, to help the body remove toxins.
- If vomiting or diarrhea occurs, it is a sign of acute poisoning. In this case, there is a rapid dehydration. Waiting for a doctor, you need to drink a lot.
- If you feel a sharp nausea, weakness, acute headache, you should immediately contact an ambulance, because it can be symptoms of a deadly disease - botulism.
As soon as signs of poisoning were noticed, especially when accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea, it is urgent to call an ambulance.
What to do in case of poisoning in the first place
In case of mild poisoning, it is necessary to trigger the gag reflex. To do this, drink two glasses of warm boiled water. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with clean water. You can drink freshly strong tea.
In case of acute poisoning with canned food, you should immediately call a doctor. In anticipation of the ambulance should drink more. Put an enema to cleanse the body of toxins.
Even with the symptoms of acute poisoning can cope on their own, but still - a visit to the doctor is required.
Treatment of canned poisoning.
After calling the gag reflex, you should drink the sorbents (drugs removing toxic substances from the body). The most famous, popular and low-cost sorbent is activated carbon, which should be taken in view of: one tablet per ten kilograms of weight.
In case of poisoning, the body is severely dehydrated, so it is imperative that you fill up the loss of fluid, that is, drink plenty of water. The most effective way is to take rehydration (salt) solutions. In most cases, these actions are enough to get rid of the symptoms. In the event of an increase in symptoms, you must immediately call a doctor.
In case of canned fish poisoning should contact the ambulance. Such poisoning is very dangerous, and in some cases can be fatal. So life, in the truest sense of the word, depends on your quick response.
If you value your life, be more attentive to the choice of canned food. It is better to overpay, but be sure that this product does not infect you with dangerous bacteria. Swollen canned or bought on the market - are a source of potential danger, so do not risk better. If an adult can still cope with the manifestation of poisoning, then the child does not have such a strong immune system.