Poisoning with red caviar
Red caviar is extremely delicate, nutritious and delicious. High nutritional properties, it is due to the large content of important vitamins, minerals, fats and proteins.
But respecting the subject of this site, let's ask ourselves, is it possible to poison red caviar? What symptoms of poisoning with red caviar appear in this case? What should you pay attention to when choosing this product, and what to do if poisoning with red caviar still happened? We will answer all of these questions in this article.
How to check the quality of purchased red caviar
Finally, you brought home a jar of red caviar. But before you try the product, you need to make sure of its quality, in order to avoid big trouble. Of course, even in the store you need to pay attention to the expiration date, which is indicated on the bank and make sure that it is not deformed.
At home, first of all, laying eggs on a plate, examine it for the presence of any impurities, color, size, whether there are dried eggs. It is the dried or clouded eggs that indicate a breach of the tightness of the can. Accordingly, such a product is not recommended. You should also examine the bottom of the can, where the caviar was. The bottom should be free of any slime and sediment. If, at the opening of the can, the caviar is densely packed, bright red, friable, it means that it meets all hygienic requirements and is suitable for consumption.
When buying caviar by weight you can not accurately determine its quality. All the shortcomings of such a product are instantly removed by store employees. So, to maintain the color of caviar is treated with a solution with keratin, rotten odor is beaten off by perfumes, the juice is rinsed with running water if the caviar is damaged, and the elasticity of caviar returns banal glycerin.
Buying a product packed in a tin can also get poisoning with red caviar. Especially if a little-known producer is indicated on the jar. It should be remembered that this product is easily infected by various microorganisms, as a result of which putrefactive processes arise in it.
The most common poisoning occurs:
- if the salted salmon is already spoiled;
- if during conservation all technological standards were not maintained;
- due to poor storage conditions;
- expiration date of the product.
Food poisoning due to fish products are among the most powerful!
When using poor-quality red caviar in most cases, there are classic symptoms of poisoning.
Symptoms of poisoning with red caviar
The main symptoms of poisoning with red caviar are:
- sharp constant pain - is more often localized in epigastric (epigastric) area, but there are cases with its irradiation in the lower parts of the anterior abdominal wall;
- possible discomfort in the abdomen - increased gassing, colic, spasms;
- repeated vomiting;
- blurred vision;
- weakness, apathy;
- possibly, an increase in body temperature;
- cold, sticky sweat;
- impaired consciousness;
- lowering blood pressure;
- in severe cases, the appearance of neurological symptoms is not excluded - loss of consciousness, tremor of extremities, disorientation.
The first symptoms of caviar poisoning appear about two hours after its use. Initially, the victim notes the appearance of severe discomfort in the abdomen, frequent urge to go to the toilet. Further, the condition worsens with repeated vomiting. The patient already complains of terrible weakness, trembling of limbs and "podkashivanie legs."
When poisoning with red caviar, there are often signs of dehydration. This condition occurs due to a significant loss of fluid and trace elements from the body with repeated vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating. If you do not take the right measures in time to make up for such losses, the most severe consequences occur. In this case, the severity of the patient's condition will be burdened by disruptions in the functioning of the nervous, cardiovascular and hematopoietic systems. Therefore, in this case, the victim needs immediate medical attention.
What to do when poisoning with red caviar
- First of all, call an ambulance team.
- The injured person should be washed as soon as possible to avoid the absorption of toxins into the blood. To do this, prepare a weak salt solution from the calculation of 1 teaspoon of salt per liter of warm boiled water. "Restaurant" method cause vomiting - pressing the tip of a spoon or two fingers on the root of the tongue. The procedure should be repeated until clean washings leave.
- After washing the stomach, it is necessary to give an absorbent preparation for the purpose of binding and removing toxins. Such preparations include: activated carbon, Smecta, Polyphepanum.
- With an increase in body temperature above 38.5 degrees Celsius, give any antipyretic drug - Paracetamol, Ibuklin, Analgin.
- In this case, the patient should drink as much liquid as possible (sweet black tea, rose hips, kissel). From carbonated drinks, alcohol and milk for a time should be discarded.
- Upon the arrival of the ambulance team, it is necessary to specify the dosage and which preparations were given to the victim.
Treatment of poisoning with red caviar will be carried out in a specialized department of the hospital. The main goal of medical measures will be to fill the lost fluid, detoxify the body and maintain vital body systems (cardiovascular, respiratory).
The basic rules of storing red caviar
In order to preserve the taste and quality of the purchased red caviar, you must follow the simple rules of its storage.
- If you do not plan to open the jar in the near future, it should be placed in the freezer.
- A mandatory condition for storage is the tightness of the package.
- One day before use it should be placed in the refrigerator, so it will thaw slowly, while maintaining all its taste and quality.
- If the jar has already been opened and not completely eaten, then it is necessary to store the caviar in a glass jar with a tightly closing lid, and first it must be oiled with olive oil.
You should remember the most important rule of storing caviar - never leave it in an open metal jar! Under the influence of oxygen, oxidative reactions occur, as a result of which, perhaps, the strongest food poisoning.