Poisoning red caviar
Red caviar is an exceptionally tender, nutritious and tasty product. It owes its high nutritional properties to the large content of vitamins, minerals, fats and proteins important for the body.
But observing the theme of this site, let's ask ourselves, is it possible to get poisoned with red caviar? What symptoms of red caviar poisoning appear in this case? What should I look for when choosing this product, and what to do if poisoning with red caviar still happened? We will answer all these questions in this article.
How to check the quality of purchased red caviar
Here, finally, you brought home a jar of red caviar. But before you try a product, you need to make sure of its quality, in order to avoid big troubles. Of course, even in the store you need to pay attention to the expiration date, which is listed on the bank and make sure that it is not deformed.
At home, first of all, putting caviar on a plate, inspect it for the presence of any impurities, color, size, whether there are dried eggs. It is dried or clouded eggs testify to the violation of the tightness of the banks. Accordingly, such a product is not recommended. It should also inspect the bottom of the jar, where the caviar was located. The bottom should be without any mucus and sediment. If, on opening a can, caviar is tightly packed, bright red, crumbly, then this means that it meets all hygiene requirements and is suitable for consumption.
When you buy caviar by weight, you cannot accurately determine its quality. All the flaws of this product are instantly removed by the store employees. So, to maintain color, caviar is treated with a solution of keratin, a rotten smell is repelled by perfumes, juice if caviar is damaged is washed off with running water, and the elasticity of the caviar returns banal glycerin.
Buying a product packaged in a can, you can also get poisoned with red caviar. Especially if a little-known manufacturer is listed on the jar. It should be remembered that this product is easily infected by various microorganisms, as a result of which putrefactive processes occur in it.
The most common poisoning occurs:
- if the eggs are salted already spoiled;
- if at technological conservation all technological standards were not maintained;
- due to poor storage conditions;
- expired product.
Food poisoning due to fish products are among the most powerful!
When eating substandard red caviar in most cases, there are classic symptoms of poisoning.
Symptoms of poisoning with red caviar
The main signs of red caviar poisoning are:
- sharp constant pain - often localized in the epigastric (epigastric) region, but there are cases with its irradiation to the lower sections of the anterior abdominal wall;
- possible discomfort in the stomach - increased gas, colic, cramps;
- repeated vomiting;
- blurred eyes;
- weakness, apathy;
- possibly an increase in body temperature;
- cold, sticky sweat;
- disturbance of consciousness;
- lower blood pressure;
- in severe cases, neurological symptoms may appear - loss of consciousness, tremor of the extremities, disorientation.
The first symptoms of caviar poisoning appear already approximately two hours after its use. Initially, the victim noted the appearance of severe discomfort in the abdomen, frequent urging to the toilet. Further, the condition is worsened by repeated vomiting. The patient already complains of terrible weakness, trembling of the extremities and "cutting the legs."
When poisoning with red caviar often appear signs of dehydration. This condition arises due to significant loss of fluid and trace elements from the body during repeated vomiting, diarrhea, and excessive sweating. If you do not take the right measures to compensate for such losses in time, the most serious consequences arise. In this case, the severity of the patient’s condition will be aggravated by impaired functioning of the nervous, cardiovascular and hematopoietic systems. Therefore, in this case, the victim needs immediate medical assistance.
What to do when poisoning red caviar
- First of all, call the ambulance brigade.
- The victim must flush the stomach as quickly as possible to avoid the absorption of toxins into the blood. To do this, prepare a weak saline solution at the rate of 1 teaspoon of salt per liter of warm boiled water. Using the "restaurant" method, induce vomiting - by pressing the tip of a spoon or two fingers on the root of the tongue. The procedure should be repeated until clean wash water comes out.
- After washing the stomach, it is necessary to give an adsorbing drug in order to bind and excrete toxins. Such drugs include: activated carbon, Smecta, Polyphepan.
- If the body temperature rises above 38.5 degrees Celsius, any antipyretic drug should be given - Paracetamol, Ibuklin, Analgin.
- In this case, the patient should drink as much liquid as possible (sweet black tea, rosehip broth, jelly). From carbonated beverages, alcohol and milk at the time should be abandoned.
- Upon arrival, ambulance crews need to clarify the dosage and which drugs were given to the victim.
Treatment of poisoning with red caviar will be carried out in a specialized department of the hospital. The main goal of medical measures will be to replace lost fluid, detoxify the body and maintain vital body systems (cardiovascular, respiratory).
Basic rules for storing red caviar
In order to preserve the taste and quality of purchased red caviar, you must follow simple rules for its storage.
- If you do not plan to open the jar in the near future, it should be placed in the freezer.
- A prerequisite for storage is the tightness of the package.
- A day before use, it must be placed in the refrigerator, thus, it will defrost slowly, while maintaining all its taste and quality.
- If the jar has already been opened and is not fully eaten, then the eggs should be stored in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, while at the same time it must be smeared with olive oil.
It should be remembered the most important rule for storing caviar - never leave it in an open metal can! Under the influence of oxygen, oxidative reactions occur, as a result of which, perhaps, the strongest food poisoning.