Poisoning with fly agaric

мухомор Despite the strict prohibitions of doctors and warnings in the media about the dangers of using fly agarics, there are people ready to believe in a miracle and risk to be cured by these mushrooms. There will always be hope for a happy recovery after consuming the magic tincture on this plant product. But health workers are more likely to face people affected by such often invented prescriptions than with those who recovered from a fatal illness after such treatment.

In our time, poisoning with fly agaric is a frequent phenomenon, and, therefore, it is important to learn how to respond to these situations.

Toxins of amanita

The active substances that make up the fly agaric act primarily on the nervous system. Therefore, the use of fungi can lead to a hypnotic state or a sharp depression of consciousness until the death. The chemical composition of fly agar is oversaturated with psychoactive substances. These include:

  1. Muscimol is a decay product of isothenic acid. These substances act directly on the cells of the brain, causing their destruction.
  2. Muscarine, located inside, affects many systems, leading to the classic symptoms of poisoning with fly agarics.
  3. But the fungus, in addition to the oppressive components, contains molecules that activate the nervous system. An example of such a substance is Muscasone.

токсины мухомора In view of the small amount of each of these components, the poisoning with fly agaric or preparations prepared from it does not always come. According to scientists, in order for death to occur, several conditions are necessary:

  • must be eaten at least 10-15 mushrooms;
  • on the weakened organism the poison acts more quickly;
  • it is important to take into account the individual characteristics of each organism - if a person is very susceptible to psychotropic drugs and substances, then poisoning comes from small doses of the above substances.

Is it possible to die of fly agarics? Yes, when trying to get or prepare from them a cure for all diseases. Relatively harmless old recipes, which have been studied and used for years, not all survived to the present day. There is no 100% guarantee and with the use of "proven" means. In addition, each organism is unique. One and the same substance will benefit someone, and will harm others.

What is the use of fly agarics

Despite the content of poisonous substances, there are data on the use of individual members of the fly-agaric family with a therapeutic purpose and for assistance in the economy.

гриб бледная поганка How do fly agarics?

  1. Based on the name, they are used to get rid of insects.
  2. In the bodies of fungi contains a coloring substance - muscaruffin, which has antitumor activity.
  3. The ancient peoples used hats to make potent hallucinatory solutions to conduct important ceremonies and rituals.
  4. Water-alcohol extracts and tinctures are used in folk medicine for getting rid of pain in the joints, with angina, rheumatic lesions. Perhaps, therefore, even in tales of Baba-yaga and Koshchei the immortal collected fly agarics?
  5. In official medicine, substances are prepared that help with spasm of cerebral vessels, sclerosis, if a woman has a severe menopause.
  6. Even the most poisonous representative - a pallid grebe, in small doses is appointed as a homeopathic substance to improve the protective properties of the body.
  7. Non-poisonous fungi of this genus are prepared for food (Caesar fungus) and occasionally used as a hypnotic (Sicilian fly agaric).

We must not forget that you can poison yourself with edible mushrooms. Even medicines made with the help of extracts from fly agarics are prescribed only by doctors and with great care. Therefore, do not try fate and try to invent a safe way to use these poisonous mushrooms.

Typical symptoms of fly agarics poisoning

головная боль It is difficult to confuse the classic red fly agaric with some other edible mushroom. Invented by nature, a bright protective coloration is more of a warning character. Therefore, representatives of this family are used more deliberately than by negligence.

What are the symptoms of fly agaric poisoning?

  1. The first signs appear only 1-2 hours after eating mushrooms: nausea, severe weakness, vomiting may begin.
  2. Since fly agarics act primarily on the nervous system, there is a strong salivation, headache, dizziness, slowing of the heartbeat.
  3. At the same time, they are disturbed by stitching pains in the abdomen, soon diarrhea often occurs with an admixture of blood.
  4. To severe poisoning indicate the signs: delirium, hallucinations, severe deterioration of vision, perhaps, the appearance of seizures.
  5. If the poison turned out to be strong and the person was not helped in a timely manner, the next stage of the process appears: motor excitation develops, and after 6-10 hours it passes with a drowsy state, apathy.
  6. The body temperature of a person falls below the norm, yellow eyes sclera, skin, visible mucous membranes.
  7. In severe cases, collapse, paralysis of the respiratory musculature develops and death occurs.

Poisoning by one fly agaric, or a small amount of it, is also possible in rare cases. Symptoms are observed while doing this:

  • nausea;
  • vomiting;
  • diarrhea;
  • weakness;
  • headache;
  • dizziness.

All this worries the victim for a long time, and without the help of experts, the symptoms only increase.

It is important to remember that such processes are not chronic, without proper treatment, even a mild poisoning can end badly. The timely provision of pre-medical care relieves many undesirable consequences.

First aid and treatment

помощь при отравлении грибами It is important to start first aid as early as possible before the arrival of doctors. Step by step actions should be:

  1. Immediately call an ambulance, even if you doubt the source of poisoning.
  2. It is necessary to immediately start washing the stomach . This is done only with warm water or saline solution. In old sources recommend for poisoning with fly agarics and gastric lavage, add a little potassium permanganate into the water. But to potassium permanganate it is necessary to be treated with care, as in an emergency it is possible to overdose with such substance and cause burns of the mucous membrane. Rinsing is done to clean water.
  3. If possible, adsorbents should be used. At home, activated charcoal is more common. A single dose of an adult - at least 8 tablets per reception.
  4. To stop the action of the poison, an antidote - atropine is prescribed. But in such cases he is used by medical workers.

This is the maximum permissible actions that anyone can perform before the arrival of doctors. Then the victim is immediately taken to the hospital, where, depending on the condition and manifestations of poisoning, appropriate specialized assistance will be provided.

In the hospital, poisoning with fly agarics is treated in a complex way: hormonal preparations (glucocorticoids), maintenance therapy for the nervous and cardiovascular system are prescribed, compensate for the loss of fluid and electrolytes, prescribe symptomatic preparations.

To all lovers of experimenting with non-traditional types of treatment it is important to remember that even the safest recipes can lead to unexpected consequences. And recipes using fly agarics should be avoided. After all, in trying to improve their health with them, one can only aggravate the situation.

loading...