Everyone has ever met the drug No-shpa. Most of us had to take it at least once. This medicine can be purchased by anyone in the pharmacy network without a prescription.
Is the No-Spa harmless? Is it possible to poison No-Spa and what symptoms will be observed? How to treat such poisoning and to expect the development of negative consequences? Answers to such questions can be found in this article. And also talk about how to provide first aid to the victim, without special training.
About the preparation "No-shpa"
No-shpa is one of the commercial names of Drotaverin. The drug has a relaxing effect on the smooth muscles of the digestive system, biliary tract, urinary organs, to a small extent affects the muscle wall of blood vessels and myocardium when taken in tablets. Intramuscular or intravenous administration has a more pronounced effect on the cardiovascular system and may cause a decrease in blood pressure and a slower heart rate.
No-silo is used for diseases involving spastic pains in the gastrointestinal tract:
- peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
But-shpa removes hepatic, renal colic, arising from cholelithiasis and urolithiasis, respectively. No-shpu is used in case of painful menstruation, in order to reduce the tone of the uterus with the threat of abortion.
In some cases, the poisoning comes But-spoi
Poisoning No-Spa may occur in the following cases.
- If the maximum therapeutic dose of the drug is exceeded, an overdose may occur.
- The excess of the age dose in children.
- Taking the medication by patients with AV-blockade can cause No-spoi poisoning with a fatal outcome.
- People with severe renal and hepatic insufficiency taking even a normal dose is unsafe. This is due to the fact that the breakdown of the drug occurs in the liver, and most of the drug is excreted by the kidneys. Intoxication occurs due to violation of decay and (or) removal of the substance. It accumulates in the blood and causes poisoning.
- Suicidal poisoning.
Clinical manifestations in reflexion
In case of poisoning with No-Spa, symptoms may appear as early as 30 minutes after taking the pills. In the future, they grow. The severity of the condition depends on the dose of the medicine taken, the presence of diseases of the heart, liver, kidneys, the time for seeking help.
Disruption of rhythm and conduction will be one of the most dangerous symptoms. Perhaps the development of tachycardia in the background of lowering blood pressure, heart failure. In people with severe vascular atherosclerosis, a drop in blood pressure during an overdose can trigger a myocardial infarction and impaired cerebral circulation. Due to low blood pressure, tachycardia may appear in the victim.
Poisoning drug can cause a violation of conductivity, which manifests itself:
- general weakness;
- darkening of the eyes;
- feeling short of breath;
- feeling of a sinking heart;
- slowing heart rate;
- poor exercise tolerance.
In severe cases of No-Shpoi poisoning, a cardiac arrest clinic develops with a complete blockage of the nerve impulse in the heart, and due to paralysis of the respiratory center, breathing stops.
The first pre-medical aid in the poisoning of No-spa
- Prevent drug absorption: make several attempts to induce vomiting. Regardless of whether it turned out or not, give activated carbon a third of the daily dose (2 tablets of 500 mg per 1 kg of weight).
- Call an ambulance or take the victim to the nearest hospital.
- While the ambulance crew is traveling, try to drink as much liquid as possible (ideally 2 liters) and try to induce vomiting.
- If the unconscious patient is placed on the floor or another flat, hard surface, they unzip their clothes so that they do not hold back their breath, turn their head to the side. Then you need to call an ambulance and, if necessary, conduct an indirect heart massage and perform artificial respiration.
When No-Shpoi is poisoned, first aid is provided on the spot and on the way to the hospital.
In the hospital, gastric lavage is repeated, sorbents are prescribed for up to 3 days, since No-shpa is completely excreted from the body in only 72 hours. This is due, among other things, to the fact that 30% of the medication taken comes from the bile into the intestine. In order to avoid reabsorption, enterosorption is continued for 3 days. Also carry out a cleansing enema, laxatives are prescribed.
In case of poisoning with No-Spa, further treatment is reduced to leaching of the drug from the blood. Preference is given to sorption methods - hemosorption, plasmasorption, lymphosorption. Their use increases the rate of elimination of No-shpy from the body several times. In the absence of contraindications, forced diuresis may be prescribed.
There is no specific antidote for overdose. To avoid dehydration prescribed intravenous drip solutions.
In the event of respiratory failure, the patient is connected to a ventilator. If there is a cardiac arrest, conduct electrical stimulation, inject adrenaline, Atropine, Izuprel. Depending on the further course of the disease, symptomatic therapy is prescribed.
Effects of poisoning
Poisoning No-spy threatens with serious consequences. The drug can trigger the development of renal and hepatic failure. In patients with vascular atherosclerosis, it is possible the development of cardiovascular complications. The most deplorable consequence is death due to cessation of breathing and the development of asystole.
As you can see, even such a seemingly harmless drug can cause severe poisoning. Therefore, it is necessary to take No-shpu and other Drotaverine analogs only as prescribed by a physician, to exclude the uncontrolled use of medication. Symptoms of poisoning are not specific. At the forefront are heart irregularities and general malaise with which patients turn to the doctor, unaware that these are signs of poisoning. Difficulties in timely diagnosis makes poisoning more dangerous, and the consequences are harder.