Who at least once in my life did not try boiled crayfish. Summer fishing of these crustaceans brings not only moral pleasure. The sweet taste of tender meat cannot be compared with anything. But such a tasty delicacy may not be as useful as we would like.
If you are lucky and the first use of this product has passed safely, then it is better to prepare for the next one. Is it possible to get poisoned by crayfish or is it an absolutely safe dish?
Why do they like boiled crayfish so much
It is easy to understand why crayfish are included in the list of treats, not only in adults. Despite the fact that the insignificant amount of meat that has to be extracted from under the dense shell delivers more trouble than pleasure, this delicacy is still considered not only tasty, but also dietary. Why?
- This is a low-calorie product - 100 grams contains only 78–90 calories.
- The meat of this animal contains vitamins of group B (B1, B12, B6, B2), which have a positive effect on the nervous and digestive system, improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Crustaceans live in practically pure water, which indicates the quality of the product.
- In addition to vitamins D, C, E, K, the protein also contains many beneficial trace elements: calcium, magnesium, nickel, fluorine, chromium, iron, sulfur, and many others. They improve metabolism, normalize the work of internal organs.
If the meat is so good, why does the crayfish poisoning happen? Is it possible in principle?
What can be dangerous crabs
Healthy and high-quality protein of cancer meat sometimes leads to health problems. Of course, death in case of poisoning by crayfish is an extremely rare condition, but everything can happen if these crustaceans are used incorrectly. What are the consequences after eating meat cancer?
Allergic reaction to the product. Despite the almost perfect composition of meat is identical to other crustaceans that live in the sea. They often develop reactions. Especially often allergy occurs in children.
- Food poisoning by crayfish, possibly with a poor-quality product. They need to be cooked still alive, otherwise there is a high probability that the meat will be slightly spoiled. This is a perishable product, it should be consumed shortly after cooking so that a food infection does not develop.
- An important condition for the storage of already cooked crayfish is clean glassware. In aluminum, due to its high sulfur content, meat rapidly oxidizes and deteriorates.
- This product should not be consumed by people with thyroid disease - the course of disease processes is worsening, and some diseases are exacerbated.
Symptoms of Crayfish Poisoning
When cancer occurs, the symptoms and treatment depend on the type of health disorder.
When food poisoning appears nausea, repeated vomiting, weakness, abdominal pain along the intestines, impaired stool. Perhaps, fever, dizziness, headaches, heart palpitations, lack of appetite. Manifestations depend on the amount of food eaten and on the individual characteristics of the organism. With a mild degree, a person can do nothing but nausea and weakness.
- The development of allergic reactions to the protein of crustaceans also occurs in different ways. Here, the symptoms of poisoning with crayfish can change on the eyes. Lung skin itching and slight rash on the type of urticaria quickly go away with the abolition of this dish. But if the meal continues - the rash begins to grow, sprinkling almost all of the skin, and sometimes the mucous membranes.
- In rare cases, the reaction to the protein is so strong that the feeling of lack of air bothers the person, edema of the laryngeal mucosa begins, and anaphylactic shock develops.
Help with cancer poisoning
What to do when the cancer is poisoned? If you are lucky and the health problems are minimal, all you have to do is undo the dish.
For mild food poisoning without fever and severe health problems, you can take drugs that normalize the intestinal microflora and antibacterial substances.
An allergic reaction of the type of urticaria is treated with antihistamines and the exclusion of crustacean protein from the diet.
Severe food infection and severe allergies - indications for immediate hospitalization of a person.
This is the only cure for cancer poisoning. You should not hope that the strongest available medicines will help. In the case of anaphylactic shock, death can occur in minutes.
Cancer poisoning prevention
How to prevent health problems when eating meat cancer?
- Eat only fresh product. Boil better live crayfish.
- You should not put cooked meat in an aluminum dish, prefer glass or ceramic.
- Eat protein in the first hours after preparation. How to find out if the cancer was cooked fresh if you ordered it in a restaurant? - he should have tail preloaded.
- If there has ever been a reaction to seafood - do not rush to eat the meat of cancer, allergies will arise to him.
- Wash crayfish well and dry before cooking.
Poisoned crayfish poisoning is an infrequent phenomenon, but quite possible. This is either the usual food poisoning that occurs when poor-quality meat preparation, or a strong allergic reaction to protein components. To avoid these problems - you need to be attentive not only to your health, but also to the process of preparing crayfish.