Who has ever tried boiled crawfish. Summer catching of these crustaceans brings not only moral pleasure. The sweetish taste of tender meat can not be compared with anything. But such a delicious treat can not be as useful as we would like.
If you are lucky and the use of this product for the first time passed safely, then the next one should be better prepared. Can it be poisoned by cancers or is it an absolutely safe dish?
Why do they love cooked crayfish
It's easy to understand why cancers are included in the list of delicacies not only in adults. Despite the fact that an insignificant amount of meat that has to be extracted from under the dense shell gives more trouble than pleasure, this delicacy is still considered not only delicious, but also dietary. Why?
- This low-calorie product - in 100 grams contains only 78-90 calories.
- In the meat of this animal contains vitamins B (B1, B12, B6, B2), which have a positive effect on the nervous and digestive system, improve the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Crustaceans live in practically pure water, which indicates the quality of the product.
- The protein contains, in addition to vitamins D, C, E, K, many other useful trace elements: calcium, magnesium, nickel, fluorine, chromium, iron, sulfur and many others. They improve metabolism, normalize the work of internal organs.
If the meat is so useful, why does it happen that cancer is poisoned? Is this possible in principle?
What can be dangerous crayfish
A useful and quality protein of cancer meat sometimes leads to health problems. Of course, death when poisoning with crayfish is an extremely rare condition, but everything can happen with the misuse of these crustaceans. What are the consequences after eating meat of cancer?
Allergic reaction to the product. Despite the almost perfect composition, meat is identical to other crustaceans that live in the sea. They often develop reactions. Especially often allergies occur in childhood.
- Food poisoning with cancers, possibly with a poor-quality product. They need to be cooked still alive, otherwise there is a high probability that the meat will be slightly spoiled. It is a perishable product, it needs to be consumed in the near future after cooking, so as not to develop a foodborne infection.
- An important condition for storing already prepared crayfish is clean glassware. In aluminum, because of the high sulfur content, the meat quickly oxidizes and deteriorates.
- Do not eat this product for people with thyroid disease - the course of painful processes worsens, and some diseases worsen.
Symptoms of cancers poisoning
When cancer poisoning occurs, symptoms and treatment depend on the type of health disorder.
When food poisoning appears nausea, multiple vomiting, weakness, abdominal pain along the bowels, stools. Perhaps, fever, dizziness, headaches, palpitations, lack of appetite. Manifestations depend on the amount of food eaten and on the individual characteristics of the organism. At an easy or light; mild degree the person can manage only with a nausea and delicacy.
- The development of allergic reactions to the protein of crustaceans also occurs in different ways. Here, the symptoms of cancers can change before the eyes. Itching of the skin and minor rashes like urticaria quickly go away when you cancel this dish. But if the meal continues - the rash begins to intensify, sprinkling almost all the skin, and sometimes mucous membranes.
- In rare cases, the reaction to the protein is so strong that a person is disturbed by a sense of lack of air, begins to swell the mucous larynx and develops anaphylactic shock.
Help with cancer poisoning
What to do when poisoning with crawfish? If you are lucky and health problems are minimal - just simply completely cancel this dish.
With mild food poisoning without temperature and pronounced disorders of health, you can take drugs that normalize the intestinal microflora and antibacterial substances.
Allergic reaction by the type of urticaria is treated with antihistamines and excluding the protein of crustaceans from the diet.
Severe foodborne infection and severe allergy are indications for immediate hospitalization of a person.
This is the only possible treatment for cancers poisoning. It is not necessary to hope that the strongest assisted medicines will help. In the case of anaphylactic shock, death can occur in a matter of minutes.
Prevention of cancers poisoning
How to prevent health problems when eating meat of cancer?
- Eat only a fresh product. Cook better than live crawfish.
- Do not put cooked meat in aluminum dishes, give preference to glass or ceramic.
- You need to consume protein in the first hours after cooking. How to find out if the cancer was cooked fresh, if you ordered it in a restaurant? - he should have a tail pinned.
- If there has ever been a reaction to seafood - do not rush to eat meat of cancer, an allergy will arise and on it.
- Wash the crawfish thoroughly and dry before cooking.
Poisoning with boiled crawfish is a rare phenomenon, but it is possible. This is either the usual food poisoning that occurs when meat is poorly prepared, or a strong allergic reaction to protein components. To avoid these problems - you need to be careful not only to your health, but also to the process of cooking crayfish.