Sushi poisoning and rolls
Sushi and rolls are gaining popularity in our days. This is the traditional food of the Japanese, but in Russia sushi and rolls are also widely used for food. And not only gourmets and lovers of exotics.
Sushi is a lump of specially cooked rice with a slice of fish from above. Instead of fish, you can use caviar and algae. Such sushi is placed in dried sea kale.
Rolls are the same sushi, but wrapped in pressed algae and cut into rolls. In the filling of the roll, up to five ingredients are allowed.
Sushi and rolls must be served with a sauce.
How to make sure the freshness of rolls and sushi
It is not necessary to purchase sushi or rolls in a dubious store where they can sell frozen products after their long, and sometimes even unfair storage. Be sure to check the date of manufacture and the expiration date on the package. Remember, rolls and sushi are stored only a few hours and are used only in fresh form!
Ideally, if the rolls are cooked directly with the customer, who can observe the entire process of their preparation.
Is it possible to poison sushi and rolls
When visiting a Japanese restaurant, a person rarely asks himself whether it is possible to poison sushi or rolls, as he hopes for the professionalism of the chef.
Like any dish made from raw or slightly heat-treated products, and therefore very quickly spoiled, rolls and sushi can cause food poisoning.
Causes of Poisoning
In poorly processed fish, a favorable environment for the development of microbes is created. This is the main cause of poisoning. Use in food can be long or incorrectly stored sushi, because outwardly they do not differ from fresh ones.
For the preparation of sushi and rolls, it is better to use sea fish, since the content of parasites is much less. Helminths can cause poisoning by both rolls and sushi.
Another reason for the symptoms of land poisoning and / or rolls is the content of salts of heavy metals, in particular mercury, in marine fish. To reduce the risk of poisoning, sushi and rolls are recommended not to be used more than two to three times a month.
Symptoms of sushi poisoning and rolls
Signs of poisoning the land or rolls will be the same as with any food poisoning.
- Rapid occurrence of symptoms - from the moment of poisoning passes from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- The first symptoms are nausea, weakness, malaise.
- Then there is multiple vomiting - first the contents of the stomach, then the bile.
- Diarrhea is a loose stool, sometimes very plentiful, with an admixture of mucus and blood. The chair can be of different colors - from classic brown, to green or yellow. Caution should black stool - this sign indicates the severity of the condition and requires an immediate request for medical help.
Vomiting and diarrhea bring a sense of relief for a small period of time, then repeat, sometimes desires are exhausting in nature, weighting a person's ailment. The body temperature can rise, sometimes to high figures. Rarely occur: headache, an increase in blood pressure, a rash on the skin.
After relief of the main symptoms of poisoning, discomfort in the abdomen, swelling, weakness may persist for several days.
If all these symptoms occur simultaneously, or some of them alone should not be engaged in self-medication - it is better to seek medical advice from a doctor.
First aid for poisoning
What should you do if there are suspicions of poisoning the land or rolls?
- At the first symptoms of poisoning with rolls or sushi, one should immediately help such a person. First of all - rinse the stomach. Drink as much water as possible, preferably a weak and strained solution of potassium permanganate. Then induce vomiting. And so several times, until only pure water comes out.
- Then put the man in bed, warm it with a blanket. You can add a hot water bottle or a bottle of hot water. This will help to relieve chills in the body.
- At high temperature, give something antipyretic. The pharmacy will tell you that it will work in each individual case, taking into account the tolerability of the drugs.
- Similarly, and with the existing diarrhea - it is necessary to take a means to fix the stool.
- You should rest as much as possible. Do not seek to go to work when the symptoms subsided - the body has not yet recovered and complications of the disease may occur.
This is not a complete list of what can be done with poisoning rolls and sushi. Be sure to consult with a specialist.
If the symptoms of sushi poisoning or rolls have not passed after the first day of their occurrence, then a doctor's consultation is required. The specialist will quickly conduct an examination, prescribe instrumental examination - measurement of body temperature, stool analysis, a general blood test. And of course, he will prescribe treatment. In the treatment traditionally, the following groups of drugs are used: absorbents (from simple activated carbon to modern preparations), means for fixing the stool (their choice is also wide). To restore the water-salt balance, you need at least 2-2.5 liters of liquid per day, preferably salt solutions (you can buy ready-made solutions in a pharmacy or prepare at home - 1 liter of water for 1 teaspoon of salt and soda.
It is important to observe a strict diet - on the first day of illness it is better to starve. Then start with eating something liquid, with an enveloping effect - rice cereal, boiled on water, jelly. You can add one or two white breadcrumbs. It is strictly forbidden to take spicy, greasy, fried, smoked, pickled food - it only aggravate the condition of a person.
Antibacterial therapy is prescribed for conditions of concern to a specialist - high body temperature for a long time, indomitable vomiting, diarrhea, severe pain syndrome. It is necessary to exclude conditions that threaten human life.
In severe cases, treatment in a hospital is required. There will be a comprehensive treatment.
And in conclusion I would like to say that sushi and rolls are very tasty, and even useful to those who want to lose weight - due to their low caloric content. But everything is good in moderation - frequent use of sushi and roll raises the risk of poisoning these products. Compliance with a few simple rules will help avoid sushi poisoning:
- observance of personal hygiene - washing of hands before the beginning of reception of food;
- compliance with cleanliness during the preparation of the roll;
- buy only the freshest ingredients for meals;
- To make purchases only in those shops in which there is a guarantee on observance of conditions and terms of storage of products.
All these rules will help to enjoy the great taste of sushi and rolls for many years.