Cottage cheese poisoning
Each of us knows that there are many different dairy products, and one of the most famous is, of course, cottage cheese.
Useful properties of cottage cheese are known for a long time. Great use for the human body brings the use of this particular dairy product.
Cottage cheese - a useful product
If you choose among other dairy and lactic acid products, cottage cheese is the leader in the content of proteins, calcium, phosphorus and mineral proteins. Since it is very well absorbed, its use has no age limit.
You need to pay attention only to the fat content of the product, for example, low-fat is better suited for children (you can add to the diet of a child of 5-6 years), pregnant women and nursing mothers. Also, low-fat cottage cheese is indispensable during diets.
Is it possible to be poisoned with cottage cheese
Cottage cheese favorably affects the human body, but can it cause food poisoning? Despite all the benefits of this wonderful product, there are several reasons because of which cottage cheese can still harm human health:
- Improper heat treatment can lead to poisoning, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, and allergic reactions. When cooking dishes with cottage cheese, which is purchased on the market, it is necessary to observe the temperature regime, and pay attention to its consistency (home-made cottage cheese should not be very wet and have an elastic consistency).
- The expiry date of the product is also dangerous poisoning and frustration. Do not use expired product.
- Improper storage of the product can harm a person, even if the shelf life has not expired. The most careful with the use of cottage cheese you need to be in the summer, because the bacteria in this product in the heat develop very quickly. It is necessary to remember that natural cottage cheese is stored for only about 3 days. All curd products whose shelf life exceeds this mark contain preservatives or other chemicals that prolong the shelf life of dairy products. It is also necessary to pay attention to this, because with an excess of these substances, the product is even more dangerous to human health.
Symptoms of poisoning with cottage cheese
Poisoning with cottage cheese is different in that its symptoms appear mainly quickly and rapidly. These are the symptoms:
- weakness - the patient is covered by a sharp unreasonable weakness in the whole body;
- sudden pains and abdominal cramps, sharp, intolerable colic;
- nausea - begins unexpectedly, often accompanied by vomiting;
- diarrhea with pain;
- increased body temperature - quickly and suddenly ill throws into heat;
- temperature is accompanied by fever.
Often, these symptoms are present in other types of poisoning, but in case of poisoning with cottage cheese, they manifest quickly. Since poisoning and intoxication of the body always go side by side, if you have any suspicion about poisoning with cottage cheese, you should immediately begin treatment.
The main methods of treatment in case of poisoning with cottage cheese
- The patient needs to drink as much fluid as possible, then the body’s natural cleansing will occur much faster.
- Take a sorbing and balancing intestinal microflora remedy, for example, Regidron, if it is available in the first-aid kit.
- Under no circumstances should you take fixative drugs. This can cause even more harm to the body, since the harmful bacteria need to be removed from the body, and not to collect them.
- If the above symptoms are present, but there is no diarrhea, it means that unnecessary substances are not eliminated in the process of poisoning. It is necessary to make a patient enema with clean warm water.
Poisoning with cottage cheese in children
Even more dangerous and unpredictable is poisoning with cottage cheese in children. It should be noted that each organism suffers from a disease in different ways, and children are not an exception. In the mild form of poisoning, only some of the symptoms can appear, such as an allergic reaction, weakness of the child or refusal to eat.
If your child suffers from severe abdominal pain, which is accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and loose stools, it is necessary to begin treatment at the first manifestations of poisoning. Often the symptoms are a fever of the child’s body, and undigested food residues or even blood can be found in the stool.
You need to immediately call a doctor . In the meantime, put the child in, give water, a febrifuge if necessary, and try to distract the child before the doctor arrives. But still, the child is better to entrust the doctors and not to self-medicate, so as not to harm the baby.
In any case, the child was poisoned or an adult, if during the provision of assistance there was no improvement in the condition, it is necessary to immediately consult a doctor who will provide qualified medical assistance.