Morning cup of coffee for a successful wake up is the norm. Practical every person pampers himself with such an invigorating drink in order to quickly wake up. But only coffee lovers know that sometimes it is impossible to stop not only after the first, but also after the third portion of this stimulating drink. Caffeine lovers often abuse this drink, without thinking that an overdose of coffee can occur at any time. Such a drink brings not only pleasure, but also a strong load on the body.
What is the rate of caffeine per day for a person, is there any benefit from it? How dangerous is its excess, what will be the symptoms of an overdose and what to do in this case? Below we talk about this.
The composition of the product includes various elements that depend on the type of drink. The bulk of coffee beans is presented in the form of a small amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, a complex tannin substance that binds everything into a single mass. It contains a small amount of microelements, insoluble fibers and a component that is potent to the body - caffeine. The last component varies in different types of coffee from 1 to 2%, and in its soluble, as a rule, more.
The standard set, as in any product, proteins, fats and carbohydrates are of less interest to us, because more and more they drink brewed drink, than they grind ground beans. A person reacts more to a substance from the class of psychostimulants or alkaloids. It is presented in the form of caffeine. It affects the many organ systems, leading to unexpected reactions, and in some cases, pronounced symptoms of coffee poisoning.
The benefits of coffee for the body
What coffee loves the majority of the population? It is not easy dark invigorating drink, its action in many cases can be compared with a medicine of positive action. This is a powerful psychostimulant, which acts not only on the nervous, but also on the muscular system.
How exactly does coffee affect a person?
Enhances mental and physical performance.
- Not only strengthens, but also regulates the processes of excitation in the cerebral cortex.
- Reduces fatigue and relieves drowsiness, if not overdose with caffeine.
- Affects the work of the heart - increases blood pressure and heart rate.
- Increases the secretory activity of the stomach: increases the production of gastric juice and increases appetite.
This is the effect of coffee on most people. But it can vary depending on the type of nervous activity, the situation and the excess of caffeine in the body.
There are no clear rules that a person should drink two or three, for example, a cup of coffee a day. For each such indicator is individual. It should not be forgotten that the toxic dose of pure caffeine for an adult is 1 gram. The amount of such a substance in different grades of black drink varies from 40–50 mg to 150–200 mg per cup (its average volume is 170 ml). But fans of the invigorating drink are not limited to small portions, therefore the standard cup capacity in recent years contains more than 300 ml of coffee.
A deadly dose of coffee for a person can be 10 cups or more, since the lethal dose of caffeine is 10 grams. It seems you can not drink that amount. But if a person works on several jobs, on night shifts or more than 8 hours a day, it is difficult to stop at one small cup in order to feel vigorous and full of energy.
Is it possible to poison coffee? Yes, an overdose often resembles the symptoms of poisoning. Caffeine present in coffee is rapidly absorbed by tissues, including the rectal mucosa. The substance is processed in the liver and excreted by the kidneys. Therefore, large doses act negatively not only on the nervous and cardiovascular systems, but also affect other organs.
Symptoms of an overdose of coffee
Signs of coffee poisoning can be observed at lower doses if the person was tired or drank a few cups on an empty stomach. The use of excess drink will lead to the development of the following symptoms.
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Tachypnea - accelerated shallow breathing (more than 20 respiratory movements per minute).
- Face reddening, fear, headache, anxiety, depression.
- Heart palpitations, an irregular heartbeat, increased pressure, pain in the region of the heart.
- Caffeine intoxication is manifested by fever.
- In severe cases, poisoning is manifested by strong excitement, delusions, muscle twitching, the appearance of seizures. Redness of not only the skin, but also the mucous membranes join all the listed symptoms.
- Appears uneasy heart palpitations, there are extraordinary contractions of the heart - beats, ventricular tachycardia.
- Symptoms of an overdose of coffee in the later stages are coma and collapse.
- Death occurs after the depletion of the body with symptoms of failure of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
All these unpleasant and sometimes irreversible manifestations are more characteristic of acute poisoning with an invigorating drink. But coffee lovers love to stretch pleasure, drinking a few cups a day. In such cases, the main clinical manifestations of chronic caffeine poisoning are convulsions, increased appetite and heart rhythm disturbance against the background of general relative well-being. Frequent use leads to the development of glaucoma and vasoconstriction.
How to remove caffeine from the body
What to do when overdosing coffee? We must act immediately, before the development of a pronounced pattern of poisoning.
- In the first stage, you need to wash the stomach.
- It is recommended to give a saline laxative and drink a sorbent. Activated carbon will bind non-sucked coffee residues.
- If a person is unconscious or delirious - it is better not to take risks and not to feed him with drugs, immediately deliver to the nearest intensive care unit.
There is no perfect antidote for caffeine; in hospitals, it is more likely to inject substances that combat the effects of caffeine on the body. That is, conduct symptomatic therapy. Assign morphine, "Pipolfen", neuroleptics. At collapse, infusion therapy is connected — intravenous solutions.
How to remove caffeine from the body during chronic intoxication? Nothing special to do. Just for a long period, refuse to use caffeine-containing liquids and take some care of your health. Proper lifestyle, balanced nutrition and examination of the body. After a few weeks, feeling better.
Coffee is not only an aromatic drink, uplifting. It is an explosive mixture of complex chemicals that affect the nervous system in different ways. What effect will affect a person depends on the dose. Drinking another cup - calculate whether it will not be superfluous!