What to do with food poisoning with high temperature
Indigestion as a result of the use of poor-quality products at least once in life experienced by each person. Along with the usual signs, such as vomiting, diarrhea and general weakness - often there are other symptoms.
Is there a temperature with food poisoning and how dangerous is it? What measures to take in this case? Before you know what to do with food poisoning with temperature, let's see what processes occur during intoxication in the body.
Why does the temperature rise during poisoning?
Poisoning food with fever is a fairly common disease. Very often one of the signs of the use of dangerous products for health is the rise in temperature. After all, fever is a magnificent protective mechanism, worked out by nature against pathogens and harmful substances. When the body temperature rises, metabolism is accelerated, blood circulation and microcirculation of the fluid in tissues and organs improve, and the decomposition and elimination of toxins from the body is accelerated. Increases sweating, dilates the vessels of the skin, which also facilitates the removal of toxins. As the temperature rises, the internal environment becomes unfavorable for most pathogenic bacteria.
By their kind of poisoning are divided into:
- microbial - toxicoinfection, toxicosis;
- non-microbial - by poisons of plant and animal origin;
- as well as intoxication with chemical impurities.
There are about 30 potentially dangerous bacteria, among which are all known pathogens of dysentery, colibacillosis, salmonellosis, botulism and cholera that can cause microbial poisoning.
Another reason why the temperature rises in food poisoning is a violation of the balance of the intestinal microflora. In the intestine weakened beneficial bacteria and activated conditionally-harmful, in particular, cocci forms. In any case, the body reacts to such factors with fever. Therefore, it is impossible to distinguish infectious poisoning from non-infectious changes in body temperature in practice.
When is the temperature dangerous?
Any food poisoning with a temperature requires immediate medical attention, in cases when:
- develops severe repeated vomiting;
- there is a loose stool more than 10 times a day or with an admixture of blood;
- with severe dehydration;
- at the first signs of damage to the nervous system: muscle tremors, convulsions, changes in breathing, disorders of consciousness, narrowing or dilating pupils;
- if after the provision of first aid measures the temperature remains high, does not get lost by drugs or goes down for a short while.
Even with the usual poisoning by spoiled products, body temperature can rise to 40 ° C. It is dangerous if it rises above 38.5 ° C or holds for more than 24 hours.
Treatment of poisoning with temperature
Doctors do not recommend using any antipyretics if the thermometer shows no more than 38.5 ° C. After all, in this case, high temperature is an assistant, not a source of danger.
Food poisoning up to 38 ° C is treated according to the general scheme. After alleviating the state of the body, this indicator comes back to normal within the first 24 hours.
Let's consider in detail, than to treat food poisoning with temperature.
- Rinsing the stomach with plenty of salted water or a mild pink solution of potassium permanganate.
- Admission of adsorbents - activated carbon from the calculation of 1 tablet per 10 kg of weight, Enterosgel, Polysorb MP and other drugs.
- Laxative - 30 grams of magnesium or sodium sulfate in 400 ml of water.
- Cleansing enema with saline solution or decoction of chamomile, calendula.
- Abundant drink - boiled water, broth of herbs (chamomile, calendula, St. John's wort). It is taken into account that for every degree of temperature increase it is necessary to drink an extra liter of liquid.
Also, do not recommend stopping diarrhea with fixing drugs - this will prevent the removal of toxic substances from the body. The first day after food poisoning with a temperature as a treatment, a hunger diet is used. On the second day they use sparing food - liquid porridges, mashed potatoes, hard-boiled eggs.
Temperature at food poisoning in a child
The temperature at food poisoning in a child presents a more serious problem than in adults. It is necessary to establish precisely the cause of the disease, for which it is necessary to consult a doctor. It is compulsory to receive qualified assistance if the age of the affected child is less than three years. Kids are more difficult to tolerate poisoning, they are rapidly developing dehydration, which is harder to make up for at home.
How to treat food poisoning with temperature in children? Are guided by the following recommendations of doctors.
- Do not knock down if it is below 38.5 ° C. This rule does not apply to those children who have chronic diseases, a tendency to convulsions or signs of deterioration: severe chills, pain in the muscles and joints, pallor.
- To reduce body temperature, first of all, rubbing is used. Children under the age of three are wiped with a towel or a napkin soaked in water at room temperature. For the older ones, a solution of 9% vinegar is used in dilution with water 1: 1. Wipe hands, feet, neck, chest, face. Wet napkin put the child on the forehead.
- When using medicines, the dose will be agreed with the attending physician, since the toxin-weakened organism will react to the antipyretic in a different way. Assign tablets or rectal suppositories based on paracetamol or ibuprofen. It is not recommended to give antipyretic syrups and powders, since they contain ballast substances: dyes, flavors and the like, which is undesirable when the sensitivity of the stomach and intestines is high.
Children should not use antipyretic drugs from the group of Aspirin, Analgin and Amidopirin - these drugs have many side effects.
- Repeatedly taking antipyretics can be done only after 5-6 hours. If the effect of their use is not, cause an ambulance.
- To make up for the loss of fluids give a plentiful drink: boiled water (for 1 liter add 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt). Or apply pharmacy solutions: Regidron and others.
- A cleansing enema for children is made with starch acid.
It is necessary to know that a child up to a year's temperature of up to 37.4 ° C is considered normal. And at any age the readings of the thermometer in the mouth will be half a degree higher than in the armpit.
In any case, at the first signs of poisoning - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, you need to take measures to provide first aid. To do this, wash the stomach, take activated charcoal or other adsorbents, apply a laxative. When the body temperature rises to 38.5 ° C, do not worry - so the body struggles with toxins. In this case, antipyretics are not used. But if the temperature is high or does not decrease within a day, you should seek medical help.