Preparations for cleansing of the intestine
To cleanse the bowels of toxins and toxins are used different procedures. Some of them need to be carried out in medical institutions, and some can be performed at home. Medications for cleaning the intestines are quite applicable at home. In comparison with the enema, they have some advantages: most of them clean the thin and thick intestine, are easy to use, they allow you to individually select the desired dosage.
Medicinal products for cleaning the intestines from toxins and toxins belong to the group of laxatives. They have their own characteristics - a different mechanism of action, the way of application, dosage forms.
Types and list of medicines for bowel cleansing
Medicines for cleaning the intestine, belonging to a group of laxatives, have a different mechanism of action.
- Preparations that cause mechanical irritation due to an increase in the amount of water are osmotic and saline laxatives. They draw water into the intestine, which dilutes the stool masses. This group includes preparations "Fortrans", "Dufalac", "Lavakol", sorbitol, "Moviprep", and salt laxatives: magnesium sulfate (magnesia), Karlovy Vary salt, sodium sulfate. A distinctive property of salt laxatives - they work throughout the intestine, affecting all its departments. The action begins 3-6 hours after taking the medicine. Of the side effects, perhaps, a violation of water metabolism.
Means that cause mechanical irritation of the receptors due to the increase in the volume of the contents. This fiber, agar-agar, sea kale, methylcellulose, bran, preparations for cleaning the intestines "Metamucil" and "Citrusel". These drugs are often used to treat chronic constipation. The effect comes in 8-10 hours.
- Means, chemically irritating receptors and due to this stimulating peristalsis: Senna leaves, Bisakodil, Guttalaks, buckthorn, rhubarb. They only affect the motility of the large intestine. These drugs are used to cleanse the intestines instead of enemas. They have a single action, which develops in six hours. Drugs of this group can cause cramping pain, spasms, with prolonged use provoke diarrhea and dehydration. Castor oil belongs to this same subgroup, but it affects the level of the small intestine.
- Means that soften fecal masses - oil laxatives (plasticizers stools). This is vaseline, almond and fennel oils, liquid paraffin. Act mainly on the small intestine, make the stool masses soft and facilitate their easy removal. The effect begins to appear after 4-5 hours. Emollients are recommended for those cases when the muscular tension of the abdominal wall is contraindicated. Disadvantage - impair the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
Due to the strength of the effect of the medicine, for cleansing the intestines, they can have a laxative, laxative and penetrating effect. The latter group includes saline laxatives, which cause rapid emptying of the intestine with a liquid stool. For a single cleaning of toxins and slags, this group is mainly used, since they act quickly and on all parts of the intestine, and water flushes out the old stale deposits. Saline laxative for cleansing the intestines at home can be used no more than once a month. More sparing drugs drink a course of 1-2 weeks twice a year.
The most popular preparation for bowel cleansing is Fortrans. In medicine, it is usually used to prepare for intracavitary surgery or intestinal examinations.
The active substance is a polymeric compound Macrogol 4000, which retains water well. Also there are auxiliary substances - a combination of salts to maintain the electrolyte balance.
For a complete cleansing of the large intestine take 3-4 bags of "Fortrans" (one package is bred in one liter of water) for 6-7 hours. It is convenient to follow the following instructions:
- lunch at 12.00 - light snack;
- then from 2 pm for two hours to take 2 liters of the drug;
- one hour break;
- from five to seven o'clock in the evening drink another 1-2 liters.
By midnight, the bowel cleansing will be completed.
Analogues of the drug: "Lavakol".
The drug "Forlax", which contains the same active substance, is not suitable for cleaning the intestines, since there is another concentration of Macrogol. It is used only for prolonged treatment of chronic constipation.
A time-proven effective laxative for purifying the intestines is magnesium sulfate, or as it is also called, English (bitter) salt. This is a very simple way to cleanse, but to use it you need to stay at home all day.
- In the evening, drink a solution of magnesia: 60 grams per glass of water - a dose for people weighing about 70 kg.
- The next day will have a mild laxative effect.
Magnesia cleanses all parts of the intestine. The only negative is the unpleasant bitter taste of the solution.
"Dufalac" is a mild laxative for cleansing the intestines, it is a syrup or powder in sachets. The composition of the drug includes lactulose, which belongs to the group of osmotic laxatives, but has its own characteristics. Acts mainly in the large intestine, decomposing under the influence of microflora on low-molecular organic acids. Unlike other laxatives, Dufalac does not cause dysbacteriosis and even stimulates the growth of necessary bacteria.
The dose is selected individually, taken before breakfast once a day. Follow the consumption of liquid - you need to drink 6-8 glasses daily. The effect occurs in a few hours, but may appear within two days after the start of taking the drug (if the daily dose is 45-70 ml).
Instructions for a single cleaning: 200 ml of syrup (diluted in three liters of water). Drink for 6-7 hours, taking breaks between meals for 15 minutes.
Contraindications to the use of Dufalac:
- intolerance to lactose, fructose and galactose;
- deficiency of lactase.
Castor oil is used to cleanse the small intestine. Before the procedure, refrain from food for 5-6 hours and 8 after it. It will take a castor oil to calculate 1 gram of butter per kg of weight and a lemon. That is, for the average person about 70 ml of castor oil. For best effect use lemon juice in an amount of 140 ml.
Instruction: the oil is drunk with a volley and washed down with lemon juice. If there is nausea, you can eat a few highs.
The action takes about 2 hours and can last the whole day, so stay at home.
Leaves of Senna
The first cleaning with senna leaves is carried out for a week. For this, you can use infusion of herbs or tablets for cleansing the intestines with senna extract - "Anthrasennin", "Senadixin", "Senade".
Below is the instruction for decoction and its reception.
The broth is prepared as follows: one tablespoon of vegetable raw material is poured into 200 ml of boiling water, boiled for several minutes and another 20 minutes insist. Then filter, store in the refrigerator for no more than two days.
- On the first day in the evening two hours after the last meal - 1/3 cup. Do not take the drug at night, otherwise all the fun begins after midnight.
- The next day, if there are no painful sensations in the stomach - again 1/3 cup.
- If the broth is transferred well, the dose is gradually increased to one glass.
- During the reception of the drug there should be no painful sensations, defecation occurs 1-2 times a day, the stool is moderately liquid. If the senna acts too much, the dose is reduced, and in the absence of effect - increase.
- The following courses are less long - 2-3 days.
It is better to use osmotic and saline laxatives to purify the intestines with drugs. With their help, you can spend as a one-time cleaning - instead of enema, and gentle, soft courses during the week. It is necessary to prepare in advance for cleaning, following a vegetarian diet; after the procedure, do not attack the food, but gradually expand the diet. On the day of the procedure, it is better to stay at home.