For cleansing the intestines from toxins and toxins using different procedures. Some of them need to be carried out in medical institutions, and some can be performed at home. Medicinal means for cleaning the intestines are quite applicable at home. Compared with enema, they have some advantages: most of them clean the thin and large intestine, they are easy to use, they allow you to individually select the desired dosage.
Drugs for cleansing the intestines from toxins and toxins belong to the group of laxatives. They have their own characteristics - a different mechanism of action, method of use, dosage forms.
Types and list of drugs for bowel cleansing
Intestinal cleansing drugs, belonging to the group of laxatives, have a different mechanism of action.
- Drugs that cause mechanical irritation by increasing the amount of water - osmotic and saline laxatives. They attract water to the intestines, which dilutes the feces. This group includes drugs "Fortrans", "Duphalac", "Lavacol", sorbitol, "Moviprep", and saline laxatives: magnesium sulfate (magnesia), Karlovy Vary salt, sodium sulfate. A distinctive feature of saline laxatives - they work throughout the intestine, affecting all its departments. The action begins 3-6 hours after taking the medicine. Of the side effects, possibly a violation of water metabolism.
Means causing mechanical irritation of receptors due to an increase in the volume of content. This fiber, agar-agar, seaweed, methylcellulose, bran, preparations for intestinal cleansing "Metamucil" and "Citrucel." These funds are more often used to treat chronic constipation. The effect comes in 8-10 hours.
- Means, chemically irritating receptors and thereby stimulating peristalsis: senna leaves, Bisacodyl, Guttalax, buckthorn, rhubarb. Act only on colon motility. These drugs are used to cleanse the bowel instead of an enema. Have a one-time action that develops after six hours. Drugs in this group can cause cramping pain, spasms, with prolonged use provoke diarrhea and dehydration. Castor oil belongs to the same subgroup, but it affects the level of the small intestine.
- Means, softening fecal masses - oil laxatives (stool softeners). These are vaseline, almond and fennel oils, liquid paraffin. They act mainly on the small intestine, make fecal masses soft and contribute to their easy excretion. The effect begins to appear after 4–5 hours. Softeners are recommended for those cases when the contraction of the muscular tension of the abdominal wall. Disadvantage - violate the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
According to the strength of the effects of drugs for cleansing the intestines can have a laxative, laxative and penetrating effect. The latter group includes saline laxatives, causing rapid emptying of the intestines with loose stools. For one-time removal from toxins and slags, this group is used mainly, since they act quickly and on all parts of the intestine, and water washes away old feces. Saline laxative to cleanse the bowels at home can be used no more than once a month. More benign drugs drink the course for 1-2 weeks twice a year.
The most popular drug for cleansing the intestines - "Fortrans". In medicine, it is usually used to prepare for intracavitary operations or intestinal examinations.
The active substance is a polymer compound Macrogol 4000, which retains water well. Excipients are also present - a combination of salts to maintain electrolyte balance.
For complete colon cleansing, 3-4 Fortr sachets are taken (one packet is diluted in one liter of water) for 6-7 hours. It is convenient to adhere to the following instructions:
- lunch at 12.00 - light snack;
- then from 2 pm for two hours take 2 liters of the drug;
- one hour break;
- from five to seven o'clock in the evening drink another 1-2 liters.
By midnight, bowel cleansing is complete.
Analogs of the drug: "Lavacol."
The drug Forlax, which contains the same active ingredient, is not suitable for cleaning the intestines, since there is another concentration of Macrogol. It is used only for long-term treatment of chronic constipation.
The time-tested effective laxative for cleansing the intestines is magnesium sulfate, or as it is also called, British (bitter) salt. This is a very simple method of purification, but to use it you need to be at home all day.
- In the evening, drink a solution of magnesia: 60 grams per glass of water - the dose for people weighing about 70 kg.
- A mild laxative effect will occur throughout the next day.
Magnesia cleans all parts of the intestines. The only negative - an unpleasant bitter taste of the solution.
"Duphalac" - enough mild laxative to cleanse the intestines, is a syrup or powder in sachets. The preparation includes lactulose, which belongs to the group of osmotic laxatives, but has its own characteristics. It acts predominantly in the large intestine, decomposing under the influence of microflora on low molecular weight organic acids. Unlike other laxatives, Duphalac does not cause dysbacteriosis and even stimulates the growth of the necessary bacteria.
The dose is selected individually, taken before breakfast once a day. Monitor fluid intake - you need to drink 6-8 glasses daily. The effect occurs within a few hours, but may appear within two days after the start of the drug intake (if the daily dose is 45–70 ml).
Instructions for single cleansing: 200 ml of syrup (diluted in three liters of water). Drink for 6-7 hours, taking breaks between portions of 15 minutes.
Contraindications to the use of "Duphalac":
- intolerance to lactose, fructose and galactose;
- lactase deficiency.
Castor oil is used to cleanse the small intestine. Before the procedure, they abstain from food for 5–6 hours and 8 after it. It will take castorca at the rate of 1 gram of oil per kg of weight and lemon. That is, for an average person, about 70 ml of castor oil. For better action, use lemon juice in the amount of 140 ml.
Instructions: drink oil in one gulp and wash it down with lemon juice. If nausea occurs, you can eat a few highlights.
The action takes about 2 hours and can last all day, so stay home.
The first cleansing leaves senna carried out during the week. To do this, you can use the infusion of herbs or tablets for cleansing the intestine with senna extract - "Antrasennin", "Senadexin", "Senade".
Below is a guide for the decoction and its reception.
The broth is prepared as follows: one tablespoon of vegetable raw materials is poured 200 ml of boiling water, boiled for a few minutes and another 20 minutes to insist. Then filtered, stored in the refrigerator for no more than two days.
- On the first day in the evening, two hours after the last meal, 1/3 cup. Do not take the drug at night, otherwise the most interesting things will begin after midnight.
- The next day, if there is no pain in the stomach - again 1/3 cup.
- If the decoction is well tolerated, the dose is gradually increased to one cup.
- During the reception of the drug should not be painful, defecation occurs 1-2 times a day, the stools are moderately liquid. If senna acts too much, reduce the dose, and in the absence of effect - increase.
- Subsequent courses are less long - 2-3 days.
It is better to use osmotic and saline laxatives to cleanse the intestines with medication. They can be used as a one-time cleaning - instead of an enema, and gentle, gentle courses during the week. It is necessary to prepare in advance for cleaning, observing a vegetarian diet; after the procedure, do not pounce on food, but expand the diet gradually. On the day of the procedure it is better to stay at home.