What to treat bites bugs on the human body
There are more than fifty thousand species of bedbugs on the earth. In the climatic conditions of our country they number about a thousand. Not all of them are parasites - this sad glory belongs to insects from only one family. The person bites a bed bug. He lives in houses and apartments. For the appearance of these blood-sucking insects in the dwelling, unsanitary conditions are absolutely unnecessary - they can multiply both in doss-houses and in luxurious mansions.
What are the bugs of bugs for humans, how to recognize the attack of these bloodsucking insects and what means are suitable for treatment?
Biology of bedbugs
The bed bug is a small bloodsucking insect. They dwell in hard-to-reach places - under the wallpaper, behind the baseboard, in the crevices of the floor and furniture items. The insects live in numerous colonies. Sometimes the presence of parasites in the room can be determined by the characteristic smell, similar to the aroma of almonds or fermented raspberries.
The bug has a special piercing-sucking apparatus with which it pierces the skin on the host's body, injects its saliva and sucks blood. Because of the anesthetic substances contained in saliva, a person does not feel bites of bedbugs. The parasite is well guided by thermal radiation and is able to feel the tremors of blood in the vessels, so it pierces the skin in delicate places near the capillary. Feeding, bloodsuckers move around the body and produce a series of bites from 3 to 5, so the characteristic symptom of the bite of a bed bug is the path from the punctures.
The process of feeding takes from three minutes to half an hour. For one feeding, the parasite sucks from the person about 6 μl of blood. This number of insects is enough to provide themselves with food for 7-10 days, then the bloodsucker goes back to the hunt. The parasite feeds mainly at night, but with a large number of bedbugs in the room they can be found in the daytime.
Females lay eggs, from which under favorable conditions (heat, humidity) hatch larvae. One female lays about 500 eggs for her life. Bug larvae should be fed daily. They are not yet able to inject saliva into the wound, so people take their bites painfully.
What are the bugs of bugs for humans?
Bedbugs can serve as carriers of such diseases:
As for the infections transmitted with blood - HIV, hepatitis - it is reliably proven: although bedbugs can be infected, but they can not transmit the virus from one person to another, they are incapable.
Firstly, it is connected with the structure of the proboscis - one channel, the bug injects its saliva, and in another way drains blood. Secondly, in the mouthpiece of the parasite unfavorable environment for viruses, so the causative agents of infections there die. And, thirdly, these human viruses are simply not adapted to reproduction in the body of an insect.
Allergy to bug bites develops quite often, however, it is of a local nature. With regular skin damage, allergic dermatitis may occur. The most common complication of the parasite is various inflammatory diseases of the skin that can be accompanied by infection of the wounds and lead to abscesses, eczema and an increase in the body's overall temperature.
How long do bugs bite? It depends on the care of the wound. In the absence of infection and without combing, edema and redness disappear within 1-2 days.
Symptoms of a bed bug bite
Sometimes the wounds from bedbugs can be confused with the injuries inflicted by other bloodsucking insects - mosquitoes, midges, horseflies. Since the bites of an adult parasite are painless, they are often mistaken for pimples and other irritations that appear on the skin, especially in children. To prevent such an error, one must know about the features of the damage to the skin by bedbugs.
This is how bug bites look on the human body?
- Point reddening, edema, sometimes in the center you can see an injection from the skin biting.
- There are damages in the form of a track of 3-5 bites with a distance of 2 cm.
The presence of a path is a characteristic feature that makes it possible to distinguish bug bites and mosquitoes.
Subsequently, small whitish scars form in the places of bites. When infection of the wound, it results in mucous or purulent discharge. Perhaps a slight increase in body temperature.
Treatment of bug bites in the home
If the body is found traces of bugs, it is not necessary to consult a doctor. Naturally, we need to take measures to destroy parasites, but this is a topic for a separate discussion. And now consider how best to treat bites bugs on the human body.
- In order to soothe the itch and wash away the toxins left on the skin, it is recommended to take a warm bath with baby soap.
- After treatment with water, the place of the bite is disinfected. It is best to use for this purpose alcohol swabs - they both disinfect and cool the damaged skin.
- To remove the itch, the place of the bite is cooled, rubbing with ice slices.
- To speed up healing, antiseptic creams and ointments are used: Bepanten, Cicaderma, Vitaon.
- What to smear bugs bugs with allergy symptoms? Suitable pharmaceutical products with antihistamine components: "Elidel", "Psilo-balm", "Fenistil".
- If there are signs of inflammation - a strong redness, discharge from the wound - prescribe ointments with antibiotics and corticosteroids: "Streptomycin", "Synthomycin", "Erythromycin", "Hydrocortisone."
If signs of an allergic reaction develop, you can take a tablet of "Suprastin" or "Tavegila".
Treatment of bites at home can be carried out using improvised means or apply folk recipes based on the "green pharmacy."
Folk remedies for bug bites
Usually unpleasant sensations and reddening after the attack of bloodsuckers disappear within 10-12 hours. To relieve the itching and remove the edema, you can use home recipes. Here are some of the most effective folk remedies for bug bites.
- Wipe the skin with a solution of table vinegar with water (1: 1).
- Put a cold compress of green or black tea.
- Lubricate the wound with aloe juice.
- To soothe the skin, mint toothpaste will work.
- Wipe the bite with ammonia, diluted with water in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Apply gruel from the leaves of plants: plantain, wormwood, cherry, dandelion.
- Make a gruel out of baking soda and attach to the bite place.
- A good remedy for biting bugs for the skin is the decoction of herbs. They rub the irritated skin several times a day or make lotions. Relieve pain and edema of chamomile, calendula, mint, St. John's wort.
Let's sum up. Bedbugs can live in any room, sometimes their stay remains invisible to the owners. They live in hard-to-reach places, and eat mostly at night. Bites bugs can be confused with rashes on the skin or mosquito bites. As parasites show selectivity in a feed: more often they attack children and women at which a gentle skin. But smokers and people who smell of alcohol, they bypass.
With a large accumulation of bedbugs, it is difficult to ignore them. In this case, they leave their shelters even in the daytime, and the number of bites on the body of one person is 500 or more wounds. What should I do if I bite a bug? First of all, it is necessary to take measures to disinfect the premises - the destruction of parasites. The bite itself should be rinsed with warm water and soap, then rub it with an ice cube for 15 minutes to remove the itch. You can also use one of the handy tools: a slurry of soda, a strong tea solution or aloe juice. With strong edemas and irritations, pharmacy ointments are used: Fenistil, Vital, Elidel, Hydrocortisone, and others. Normally, itching and redness from a bug bite should pass for 12-24 hours, finally the traces disappear after a few days. In case the process is delayed or there are signs of dermatitis - extensive skin damage, persistent redness, discharge from the wound - it is better to consult a specialist.