Poison poisoning by poison

растение вех ядовитый Milestones (veins) are poisonous or cicuta, - one of the most poisonous and dangerous plants. They can go to both adults and children. The fact that this plant was poisonous to humans has been known for a very long time. And this property was used for a bad purpose. In ancient Greece, this plant was used for the death penalty of convicts.

To avoid poisoning with a poisonous milestone, you need to know what the dangerous plant looks like and what it is. Let's find out all about this plant, who are most susceptible to the negative effects of cicuta, what are the first signs of poisoning, what should be done to save the injured person.

Description of the landmark of the poisonous

The poisonous milestone (tsikuta, omega marsh, cat's parsley, omegnik) is a perennial plant of the umbrella family. The height of the grass can reach 150 cm, but more often up to 100 cm. The root of the cicuta is thick and short, the stem in the lower part has grooves, and in the upper part there are a lot of branches. If you break the stem in the upper part, it will turn out to be hollow.

The leaves of the poison are narrow, divided by 2-3 veins into segments. Their tips are sharp, and the edges are jagged. Since the plant is a poisonous milestone refers to the umbellate, its stems end in inflorescences from flowers or seeds. Flowers of white or yellow form a complex umbrella with a diameter of 5-15 cm. The description of the poisonous milestone is similar to parsley in the flowering period and hemlock (omega marsh).

вех ядовитый в воде

Where does the poisonous milestone grow? Cikuta loves a moist environment, so it grows in marshland, along river banks, in lowlands. It can be found from Europe to the western edge of Siberia, in the countries of Asia Minor and the Mediterranean coast. Milestones blossom in June and August, then instead of flowers, fruits are formed. If you break the plant and grind it in your hands, you can feel a strong specific rather unpleasant smell. At the same time, yellow thick juice is released.

Toxic are all parts of the plant. The stem and rhizomes have a sweetish taste, they are especially dangerous in late autumn and early spring. The root of the poisonous milestone contains the most toxins and causes a fatal outcome in 50% of cases of poisoning. In the dried rhizomes of poisonous substances is more than in fresh.

Toxins contained in the poisonous milestone

знак «токсины» Toxic properties of the plant are due to the cicutoxin and cicutol contained therein. These toxins are so strong that 100 grams of plant rhizomes are enough for lethal poisoning of a cow, and 50-100 grams for the death of a sheep. For humans, the lethal dose of the poisonous milestone is 50 mg of the plant per 1 kg of body weight. Poisons plants are very stable and do not lose their toxicity with prolonged boiling, freezing, drying.

Cicutoxin acts on the central nervous system, preventing the development of an important biologically active substance - GABA. Cicutol and cicutoxin are substances that excite the nervous system.

In addition to toxins, the milestone of the toxic enters the yellow essential oil, which is not poisonous and contains p-cymol and cumin aldehyde, which causes a specific smell of herbal juice. In the leaves of the poisonous milestone, flavonoids and alkaloids have been found. Thanks to these substances, the poisonous poison has found application in medicine.

The use of the poisonous

гомеопат с баночками

Despite its toxicity, the poisonous poison is used in folk medicine and homeopathy. In ancient times, the juice of cicuta was used to make an ointment, increasing the size of the mammary glands. In micro doses this plant can be used as a homeopathic remedy for the treatment of eczema, helminthic invasion, convulsive syndrome with teething, migraine, epilepsy, as an antispasmodic after concussion of the brain and spinal cord. For medicinal purposes, only the leaves of the shop are used, since all other parts of the plant contain too much poison.

In folk medicine, milestones are used in the form of tinctures, flavors, ointments. Its tincture is taken orally for pain, bronchial asthma, epilepsy, whooping cough, psychosis, paralysis, as a sweatshop. Locally - with arthritis and osteochondrosis. In no case can not apply the poisonous milestone yourself - be sure to consult a doctor.

It was found that the active substances contained in the cicuta can exert an antitumor effect. They stop the growth of the tumor, kill the cancer cells. But the independent use of this plant for on-prophylaxis or treatment is not recommended, since the poison of the milestone is too strong and dangerous.

The use of a poisonous milestone in medicine is not widely spread. At the beginning of the XXI century, a drug called "Cicutin" was developed. It contains biologically active substances present in a poisonous milestone, but it is cleared of toxins that are dangerous to humans. This medicine is intended for use in oncology.

препарат из веха ядовитого «Цикутин» Who can poison with chikuta? The animals and children are most likely to poison the poisonous stage, but adults can also have intoxication with the poisons of this plant. It can be inadvertently eaten with seasonal herbs, it can get into the home with other herbs, the children use the fruit of the landmark out of curiosity. The rhizome of the poisonous poison is wide, thick, like carrots. The smell of the plant is also similar to carrot. There are descriptions of cases of poisoning of children that have mixed up the root of the chikuta with edible plants.

How dangerous is the poisonous milestone? Its poison is fast acting and very toxic. Even a small amount of tsikuta, eaten by a person, is sufficient for the appearance of acute signs of poisoning. The way of getting poison can be not only food, there are cases when intoxication arose even when the juice of the plant hit the scratches.

Symptoms of poisoning

The first signs of poisons poisoning poisoning appear only 10 minutes after the first dose of poison. The malaise is manifested by discomfort in the stomach, sometimes there are strong stomach pains. Often the first sign is the shakiness of the gait.

Then the other symptoms of poisoning with a poisonous milestone quickly join:

  • dizziness;
  • headache;
  • девушку тошнит nausea;
  • indomitable and prolonged vomiting;
  • diarrhea;
  • strong salivation;
  • spasms of the chewing muscles;
  • dilated pupils;
  • increased heart rate.

The behavior of the victim is compared to how a drunk person behaves.

When you consume significant doses of symptoms, cramps, foam from the mouth, fainting, pallor of the skin, followed by redness, are added to the symptoms. Death comes from stopping breathing or heart, asphyxia is possible during convulsive seizures.

First aid in poisoning with a poisonous milestone

у врача очистительная клизма To save a person from poisoning with this plant is possible only with the rapid application of medical care. Therefore, first of all you need to call an ambulance. To recognize the poisoning, you can interview the victim or eyewitnesses, inspect the scene, pay attention to the presence of parts of the plant in the vomit.

What can I do on my own? The treatment of any food poisoning is best started with gastric lavage and cleansing enemas. It is possible to wash out with physiological solution, 0.1% solution of potassium permanganate or ordinary water. This procedure can be difficult due to a spasm of chewing musculature. Rinse the stomach immediately after finding the victim, do not lead him home, and then perform the action. With every minute, more and more toxins enter the bloodstream, amplifying the symptoms. For washing it is not necessary to have a special probe, you can simply give a drink to the poisoned by a large amount of warm water (not less than 1 liter) and force to wrest, irritating the root of the tongue with fingers.

The injured person should drink black coffee, give salt laxatives and enterosorbents (activated charcoal, "Polysorb", "Enterosgel", etc.). This is the main means of poisoning a poisonous milestone. They are aimed at binding toxins in the gastrointestinal tract and preventing them from entering the bloodstream.

энтеросорбент «Полисорб» If the victim was found unconscious, then first of all you need to check for the presence of breathing and palpitation. In their absence, immediately begin resuscitation .

There is no antidote for the poison of the cicuta, therefore the treatment consists only in symptomatic therapy, but it does not allow a person to die. In inpatient conditions, the patient undergoes hemosorption to purify the blood from toxins, intravenous glucose injections, anticonvulsant therapy with tranquilizers (diazepam), gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, and glucocorticoid therapy. When breathing is abnormal, respiratory analeptics are used. Use of cardiac glycosides in case of rhythm disturbances is contraindicated in this case. Instead of them, it is better to apply Novokainamid.

Milk poisonous - a very common and extremely poisonous plant. If most adults still check what they eat, then children because of their curiosity can easily taste this dangerous herb. You can poison milestone when you get juice on wounds or scratches, or use meat poisoned by the animal's cicuta or licking your hands after contact with the plant. The rapid development of symptoms leaves little time for reflection. Convulsions, dizziness, vomiting, and respiratory failure require immediate action. Since there is no antidote to Cicuta toxins, only symptomatic therapy is performed. A simple, but timely started gastric lavage, enema, enterosorbents, coffee and salt laxatives - can save a person's life.