The effect of electromagnetic radiation on human health
Modern science has divided the material world around us into substance and field.
Does the substance interact with the field? Or maybe they coexist in parallel and electromagnetic radiation does not affect the environment and living organisms? Let's find out how electromagnetic radiation affects the human body.
The duality of the human body
Life on the planet was born under the influence of abundant electromagnetic background. For thousands of years this background has not undergone significant changes. The influence of the electromagnetic field on various functions of a wide variety of living organisms was stable. This applies both to its simplest representatives, and to the most highly organized beings.
However, as mankind “grows up,” the intensity of this background began to increase continuously due to artificial man-made sources: lines of air transmission of electricity, household appliances, lines of radio relay and cellular communications, and so on. The term "electromagnetic pollution" (smog) arose. By it we mean the totality of the entire spectrum of electromagnetic radiation, which have a negative biological effect on living organisms. What is the mechanism of influence of electromagnetic fields on a living organism, and what could be the consequences?
In search of an answer, we will have to accept the concept that a person has not only a real body, consisting of an unimaginably complex combination of atoms and molecules, but also has one more component - the electromagnetic field. It is the presence of these two components that ensures the connection of the person with the outside world.
The impact of an electromagnetic web on a person's field affects his thoughts, behavior, physiological functions, and even vitality.
A number of modern scientists believe that diseases of various organs and systems occur due to the pathological effects of external electromagnetic fields.
The spectrum of these frequencies is very wide - from gamma radiation to low-frequency electrical oscillations; therefore, the changes caused by them can be quite diverse. The nature of the consequences is affected not only by the frequency, but also by the intensity, as well as the time of exposure. Some frequencies cause thermal and informational effects, others have a destructive effect at the cellular level. In this case, the decay products can cause poisoning of the body.
The rate of electromagnetic radiation for humans
Electromagnetic radiation turns into a pathogenic factor if its intensity exceeds the maximum permissible norms for a person verified by many statistical data.
For radiation sources with frequencies:
- 30–300 kHz is the field strength of 25 V / m;
- 0.3–3 MHz - 15 V / m;
- 3-30 MHz - 10 V / m;
- 30-300 MHz - 3 V / m;
- and from 300 MHz to 300 GHz - 10 μW / cm2.
In this frequency range, radio and television equipment, as well as cellular communications, operate. For high-voltage transmission lines, the threshold value is 160 kV / m. When the intensity of electromagnetic radiation exceeds the specified values, negative health effects are very likely. The actual values of the power line strengths are 5–6 times less than the dangerous value.
As a result of clinical studies started back in the 60s, it was found that under the influence of electromagnetic radiation on a person, his body undergoes changes in all major systems. Therefore, it was proposed to introduce a new medical term - "radio wave disease." According to researchers, its symptoms spread to a third of the population.
Its main manifestations - dizziness, headaches, insomnia, fatigue, deterioration of concentration, depression - do not have any particular specifics, therefore, the diagnosis of this disease is difficult.
However, in the future, this symptom develops into serious chronic diseases:
- heart arrhythmia;
- fluctuations in blood sugar levels;
- chronic respiratory diseases, etc.
To assess the degree of danger of electromagnetic radiation to humans, consider its effect on various systems of the body.
Impact of electromagnetic fields and radiation on the human body
- Very sensitive to electromagnetic effects of the human nervous system. The nerve cells of the brain (neurons) as a result of the "intervention" of external fields impair their conductivity. This can provoke serious and irreversible consequences for the person himself and his environment, since the changes affect the holy of holies - the highest nervous activity. But it is she who is responsible for the entire system of conditioned and unconditioned reflexes. In addition, memory deteriorates, coordination of brain activity is disturbed with the work of all parts of the body. Psychiatric disorders, including delusions, hallucinations and suicide attempts, are highly likely. Violation of the adaptive capacity of the organism is fraught with an exacerbation of chronic diseases.
- Very negative reaction of the immune system to the effects of electromagnetic waves. There is not only the suppression of immunity, but also the attack of the immune system on your own body. Such aggression is explained by the fall in the number of lymphocytes, which should ensure victory over the invading organism. These "valiant warriors" also fall victim to electromagnetic radiation.
- In the state of human health, blood quality plays the primary role. What is the effect of electromagnetic radiation on the blood? All elements of this life-giving fluid have certain electrical potentials and charges. Electrical and magnetic components that form electromagnetic waves, can cause the destruction or, conversely, adhesion of red blood cells, platelets, cause obstruction of cell membranes. And their effect on the blood-forming organs causes disruptions in the work of the entire blood-forming system. The response of the body to this pathology is the release of excessive doses of adrenaline. All these processes have a very negative impact on the work of the heart muscle, blood pressure, myocardial conductivity and can cause arrhythmias. The conclusion is not comforting - electromagnetic radiation has a very negative effect on the cardiovascular system.
- The impact of the electromagnetic field on the endocrine system leads to the stimulation of the most important endocrine glands - the pituitary, adrenal glands, the thyroid gland, etc. This causes disruptions in the development of the most important hormones.
- One of the consequences of disorders in the nervous and endocrine systems are negative changes in the genital area. If we evaluate the degree of influence of electromagnetic radiation on male and female sexual function, then the sensitivity of the female genital system is much higher to electromagnetic effects than men. Associated with this is the danger of influencing pregnant women. Pathologies of the development of a child at different stages of pregnancy can manifest themselves in a decrease in the rate of development of the fetus, defects in the formation of various organs, and even lead to premature birth. The first weeks and months of pregnancy are especially vulnerable. The fetus is still loosely fixed on the placenta and the electromagnetic “shock” can break its connection with the mother's body. In the first three months, the most important organs and systems of the growing fetus are formed. And the misinformation that external electromagnetic fields can bring can distort the material carrier of the genetic code - DNA.
How to reduce the negative effects of electromagnetic radiation
These symptoms indicate a strong biological effect of electromagnetic radiation on human health. The danger is aggravated by the fact that we do not feel the impact of these fields and the negative effect accumulates over time.
How to protect yourself and your loved ones from electromagnetic fields and radiation? The implementation of the following recommendations will minimize the consequences of the operation of electronic household appliances.
First of all, decide on the degree of danger posed by various sources of electromagnetic radiation at home.
- Purchase a special dosimeter.
- Alternately turn on the microwave oven, computer, cell phone, and so on, and measure the dose recorded by the device.
- Distribute your sources of radiation so that they are not grouped in one place.
- Do not place household appliances near the dining table and seating areas.
- Especially carefully check the nursery for sources of radiation, take out of it electric and radio-controlled toys.
- Check for grounding in the computer's electrical outlet.
- The base of the radiotelephone radiates 24 hours a day, its radius of action is 10 meters. Do not keep the radio in the bedroom or on the desktop.
- Do not purchase "clones" - fake cell phones.
- Household appliances should be purchased only in a steel case - it shields the radiation emanating from them.
In our life enters more and more various technics facilitating and decorating our life. But the effect of electromagnetic radiation on a person is not a myth. Microwave ovens, electric grills, cell phones and some models of electric shavers are champions in terms of their impact on humans. It is almost impossible to abandon these benefits of civilization, but you should always remember about the rational use of all the equipment around us.