Poisoning with wolfberry
Under the unifying folk name "wolf berries" mean fruits, red and black, which grow on shrubs and herbaceous plants. Their use causes acute poisoning or manifests a toxic effect.
Poisoning mainly occurs in the summer, during the ripening of berries and outdoor activities in nature. Often the victims of poisoning are children, it is they who are attracted by bright, appetizing and at the same time dangerous berries for life.
Belladonna (belladonna, sleepy stupor) belongs to very poisonous plants - all parts of the plant are toxic, fruits bear a particular danger. The juicy and shiny berries of the belladonna attract attention, they are sweet enough to taste, have a black color and behind the shape are similar to cherries. Toxic becomes honey, collected from the flowers belladonna.
Symptoms of poisoning wolfberry berries ordinary bell:
- sensations of dryness of the mucous membranes of the nose and mouth;
- the voice becomes hoarse and swallowing is difficult;
- pupils dilated and reduced visual acuity;
- pain in the head, in severe cases - hallucinations and possible delirium;
- nausea, vomiting;
- diarrhea and urination disorder;
- face and trunk acquire a dry and red shade, as in scarlet fever;
- Initially, the pulse and respiration rate were reduced, and eventually become more frequent.
In the case of severe poisoning by a wolfberry, the ordinary person completely loses the ability to orient, psychic and motor excitement, cramps, loss of consciousness and coma. Lethal outcome comes from stopping breathing and working the heart, due to the paralysis of their centers.
Typical complications in the form of subcutaneous edema of the face, forearms and shins, and disturbances in them trophic processes.
The next wolf berry has almost the same name - a wolfberry, but it is also called a wolf's lapo, daphna. This evergreen shrub up to a meter and a half, spring is covered with beautiful pink or white flowers, which by the autumn ripen in red, oval and appetizing in appearance, but in fact poisonous, fruits with a stone resembling barberry. A significant danger is represented by berries (more than 5 pieces cause death), although the whole plant is poisonous - leaves, stem and their juice.
Symptoms of poisoning wolf-fever:
- feeling of a burn on the mucous membrane of the mouth and oropharynx;
- salivation and swallowing;
- vomiting with blood and stomach pain;
- irritation of the conjunctiva of the eye;
- weakness and loss of consciousness, cramps are possible.
When the juice of the wolfberry hits the skin, a burn occurs, which is characterized by pain, redness, swelling, with the further occurrence of blisters and ulcers.
The pathological process acquires a course of hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. Death in severe poisoning occurs because of cardiac arrest.
The next plant, belonging to the wolfberry, is called the crow of the eye. This perennial plant has 4 large leaves, a high stem (up to 40-45 cm) and a single flower, the fruit of which is a black berry covered with a gray bloom.
Some parts of the plant are characterized by a diverse toxic effect: the leaves contain a neurotropic poison (affects the central nervous system), the rhizome provokes severe vomiting, the berry has a toxic effect on the heart. Voroniy eye is a deadly poisonous plant.
Symptoms of poisoning with a wolfberry (raven's eye):
- sensation of perspiration in the throat and burning sensation in the mouth;
- abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting;
- severe headache, significant dilated pupils and dizziness;
- diarrhea and colic;
- violation of the cardiovascular system, a change in the rhythm of the heart until its stop;
- possible convulsions, with complications of paralysis of the respiratory center and cessation of breathing.
Toxic substances (saponins) cause irritation of the mucous membranes of the mouth and nasopharynx, eye, stomach and intestines. Promotes the release of hemoglobin, destroying red blood cells.
The buckthorn is fragile
The wolfberry - the buckthorn fragile (limestone, buckthorn fragile) grows in the form of a shrub or a small tree. Its crust has a laxative effect, due to this it is widely used in medicine. The berries of the buckthorn are single, they become violet-black in maturation. They are sweet, but inedible. Their use, especially immature berries, causes severe poisoning.
Poisoning with buckwheat is characterized by the following symptoms:
- nausea and vomiting;
- stomach ache;
- severe painful diarrhea;
- presence of blood in the urine.
Children are more often exposed to poisoning, in addition to headaches, impaired pulse and convulsions of the extremities, are added to the listed manifestations.
For a lethal outcome, 7-8 berries are enough.
Snow-melon, this is a low deciduous shrub which has an elegant appearance. Its pinkish flowers turn into spherical fruits of white color. Berries contain saponin, which has a toxic (irritating) effect on mucous membranes and skin.
Symptoms of poisoning by snowflakes:
- lesions of the skin and mucous membranes with external effects - symptoms of inflammation and irritation - redness, swelling and pain;
- disturbance of the mucous layer of the food tract when eaten - weakness, vomiting and diarrhea, stomach pain, dizziness, dizziness, even fainting.
The plant is especially dangerous for children.
The wolfberry of the elderberry is red, it is a shrub up to three meters in height, which has bunches of shiny red fruits with a stone. Toxicity has immature berries and leaves.
Symptoms of poisoning with elderberry red:
- weakness, headache and dizziness;
- irritation of the mucous membrane of the throat;
- abdominal pain with nausea vomiting and diarrhea;
- intensive cyanotic (cyanotic) shade of mucous membranes;
- violation of breathing during exhalation and shortness of breath;
- sometimes there are convulsions;
- tachycardia with the transition to bradycardia (reduction in the frequency of cardiac contractions) to the development of heart failure.
The Voronets are red-berry, this perennial plant, whose height reaches up to 70 cm, has red elongated berries, collected in a vertical brush. All parts of the plant have a toxic effect, but berries have a special danger for children. Although they are bitter in taste, unpleasant smell, their use can lead to tragic consequences.
Symptoms of poisoning wolfberry berries red-crowned:
- dizziness and weakness;
- acceleration of the pulse;
- severe violations of the function of the alimentary canal with manifestations of nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
When the first symptoms of poisoning appear, immediately wash the patient's stomach (drink abundantly and induce vomiting), take activated charcoal and contact a doctor.
A reliable way to prevent the poisoning of wolfberry berries is to improve the sanitary culture of the population and educate children about the rules of behavior in the forest.