Overdose with energy drinks
Energy - non-alcoholic or low-alcohol drinks, which have a stimulating effect on the central nervous system. After the first drink jar appears long-awaited relief and the ability to work in an accelerated rhythm. This is a real salvation for a student, an office worker, an athlete, a driver, a nightclub visitor, and just tired people who want to boost their body's tone. It seems to everyone that energy drinks are a modern invention. However, many of their constituent components have been used as encouraging agents for a long time.
But few people know that an overdose of energy drinks leads to a rapid depletion of body resources. Let's take a closer look at this issue and find out energy drinks - is it harmful or beneficial to the body? What kind of symptoms will be when an overdose of energy specialists and what methods of first aid will be needed if necessary.
Composition of energy drinks
Producers of power engineers say that their drinks bring only benefits and every day come up with new tastes. What active components do energy drinks consist of?
- Caffeine. This component is a part of almost all power engineers. Affects the body as a stimulant.
- Taurine. One can of the drink contains 400-1000 mg of the substance. It is a sulfonic acid that accumulates in muscle tissues. It is used as a biologically active additive. He is credited with antioxidant properties. According to medical data, taurine has no influence on the body.
- L-carnitine. It is used to increase metabolism and reduce fatigue. It should be noted that this substance is self-produced by the body in sufficient quantities.
- Guarana and ginseng are pharmacy plants that have biostimulating, general toning effects.
- Vitamins of group B. They are used to activate metabolic processes.
- Melatonin for adjusting the circadian rhythms of the body, regulating the work of brain cells.
- Matein. A substance available in tea mate from South America. Extract of the ancient tree copes with a feeling of hunger and eliminates excess weight.
In addition, virtually all power plants are highly carbonized and contain a huge amount of carbonic acid.
Tonic drinks were used at the first stages of civilization. Ancient energy drinks related to stimulants of natural origin. As energy, tea, herbs, coca leaves were used.
Modern energy drinks are of the following types:
- entertainment, containing alcohol;
- sports - to improve the working capacity of the body, replenish muscle energy and lose fluid during physical exertion;
- energy stimulants that have caffeine in their composition;
- vitaminized energy drinks.
Damage of power engineers on the human body
Many think that the use of energy replenishes the body's resources, while the harm of energy drinks on the human body with excessive use has long been proven by scientists. Energetic stimulates the work of the cardiac, nervous and endocrine systems. As a result of eating, the body experiences stress and starts to work at twice the speed, throwing adrenaline into the blood. In this condition the resource of internal organs decreases, and the tonus of the organism rises.
- During excess of the available dose - more than 2 jars with a volume of 250 ml per day, an overdose of energy drinks is observed, resulting in increased blood sugar levels.
- People who have heart disease, liver, nervous system energy drinks cause an aggravation of the problem.
- The power engineer does not provide energy, but opens the channels of the organism itself. Man does not use this energy from the jar, but consumes his own resources, which eventually exhaust. After 5-6 hours after the drunk energy appears a feeling of apathy, nervous overexcitation, fatigue.
- With the constant consumption of caffeine, there is a depletion of the body. Over time, people get used to the dose and the body needs to increase it. Also there is increased urination, which removes salt from the body in large quantities.
- An increase in the dose of vitamins B causes malfunctions in the work of the nervous system, weakness appears, heart beat increases.
- The content of taurine and glucuronolactone is 250 times higher than the daily dose of the amino acid. In combination with caffeine, they severely deplete the body. Scientists are still investigating the effect of these substances on the body.
- Components of power engineers adversely affect the walls of the stomach, which leads to ulcers and gastritis.
We must not forget that there are certain contraindications to the use of energy drinks:
- use more than 500 ml of energy per day;
- they are forbidden to pregnant women;
- children under 18;
- To old people;
- after intensive workload;
- It is forbidden to drink energy drinks together with alcohol.
Symptoms of poisoning by a power engineer
After using the energy drink nervous system is excited, increases the ability to work, vivacity, increased mood. After the termination of the stimulant comes fatigue, irritation, depression and a person begins to drink energy again, which can not be done categorically.
From excessive consumption of energy drinks and exceeding the recommended daily, perhaps, the appearance of the following symptoms of an overdose:
high blood pressure;
- redness of the face;
- stomach upset;
- tremor, trembling in the hands;
- lack of coordination;
- increased body temperature;
- confusion and its loss.
Over time, with frequent use of power engineers, the nervous system is loosened, an upset of the gastrointestinal tract appears. With frequent overdose, a person may develop mental disorder. In rare cases, with a strong overdose of power engineers, deaths from cardiac arrest are noted.
First aid for poisoning with energy drinks
In the event that after using an energy drink a person becomes ill, he needs first aid. In severe cases it is necessary to take the patient to a medical institution.
- Peel the stomach of the rest of the drink, causing vomiting.
- Provide access to fresh air.
- The intake of sorbents and abundant drink will help the body to clean faster.
- If a person becomes very ill, he has a heart palpitations, a red face, high blood pressure or he has lost consciousness, then do not hesitate - call an ambulance.
You can use energy drinks, but not on a regular basis, at recommended doses, when a person is completely healthy, has no contraindications and chronic diseases.