How to treat burns from cowworm

растение борщевик Borshevik is a common plant from the umbellate family. In Russia, until about the 18th century, the leaves and stems of this plant were used to prepare a liquid soup with vegetables - this was how borsch appeared. Eating has gradually come to naught, although the plant contains many useful substances - amino acids, vitamins, microelements. In the last century, the cow-grass was cultivated as a forage silage culture, but later abandoned because of its toxic properties and rapid spread.

Borshevik is a poisonous plant. But not all of its species have equally harmful properties. Poisoning by cow-beetroot can occur when eating stems and leaves, if it is misused as a medicinal plant. But most often this plant causes the development of sunburn on the skin.

What does cow-bear look like?

What is a cowberger, how to recognize this plant? On the territory of the former Soviet Union grows about forty of its species. And all of them number about seventy. Typical for them are umbellate inflorescences of small white flowers, high growth and feathery leafy leaves. The plant is unpretentious to the conditions of the external environment, it lives along the banks of rivers, on wastelands, along roadside roads. The stem is thick, up to one and a half meters in height, the plant can occupy about 1 square meter in area. Borshevik is famous for its high growth speed - for a day it can add 10-12 cm in height.

борщевик фото
cow-dog Sosnovsky

Borshevik Siberian is widely distributed in the European part of Russia and Western Siberia. It is not poisonous, it is used for food and used for medicinal purposes.

Another harmless plant species is common cow common. It grows in Eurasia and North Africa.

Of poisonous species in Russia grows cowboy Sosnovsky. It is considerably higher than the first two species, the edges of the leaves are as if indented, the stem is covered with hairs with purple dots.

Some plant species are used as ornamental plants, planting them in park areas or in suburban areas. These include Mantegazzi (phytotoxic), cow-bream with Colchis (not poisonous), cow-breamer pink and others. Most of the non-poisonous decorative species have yellow or pink flowers.

What is dangerous for a cow-man for a man

борщевик сибирский фото How does a cowper on a man? The juice of the plant contains a poisonous substance - coumarin bergapten. When exposed to the skin, it increases sensitivity to ultraviolet light. This property of plants is called phototoxicity.

The danger is that the cowwort juice itself does not irritate the skin. You can get a significant dose of poison without consequences, but if the sun is exposed to sunlight for two days, the burn develops. The degree of burn depends on the amount of juice that has got on the skin, the intensity and duration of exposure to sunlight.

The most dangerous cowboy during the flowering period, which lasts almost all summer. Also, the likelihood of burns increases on clear sunny days.

An allergy to a cowboy is quite common. The plant emits a lot of essential oils, has a sharp characteristic odor, which can be felt for a few meters. The reaction can occur either on contact or by ingestion of an allergen in the respiratory tract.

Children often get injured by playing with the stems of Sosnovsky's cowworm, which reaches a few centimeters in diameter and has a hollow structure - from it they make spitting tubes or whistles, which leads to a burn of the mucous membrane of the mouth and lips.

Symptoms

ожоги от борщевика фото If you received a burn with a hogweed, the symptoms will depend on the degree of exposure to the skin:

  • slight redness;
  • blisters;
  • deep ulcers.

In the affected areas of the skin, a person experiences itching and burning. Of the common symptoms observed lethargy, chills, dizziness, headache. Sometimes the body temperature rises.

People with blond hair and white skin react more strongly to burns. Often children suffer from burns.

With a slight degree of lesion, a pigmented spot remains on the skin. If the juice caused a strong inflammation, blisters and vesicles, then slowly healing ulcers form in their place later. With a burn of more than 80% of the body surface, a fatal outcome is possible.

In case of allergic reactions, a runny nose, coughing, attacks of bronchospasm, skin swelling - at the site of injury or systemic (edema Quincke) are possible.

First aid for burn with cow-weed

помощь при ожоге борщевиком What should I do if I am burned by a hogweed in order to prevent the development of severe damages? As soon as possible, wash off the juice of the plant from the skin. To do this, it is better to use soap solutions or with baking soda - the essential oils of plants are difficult to remove with ordinary water.

Then the affected area of ​​the skin is lubricated with any emollient cream.

You should consult a doctor in the following cases:

  • the appearance of allergic reactions - edema of the skin, nasopharynx, bronchospasm and other;
  • burns a large area (more than 10% of the body);
  • severe burns with merging blisters;
  • burns of the eyes, mucous membranes of the mouth and nose;
  • burns in young children;
  • strong general reaction: fever, vomiting.

With light burns, you can carry out treatment at home.

Treatment of burns by cow-weaver

If you have already received a burn with a hogweed, the treatment is to lubricate the damaged areas of the skin and avoid getting sun rays on it, even through clothing. It is recommended not to leave the house for two days after contact with the plant.

Than to treat a burn from a cow-grasshopper:

  • лечение ожога борщевиком "Synthomycin" ointment;
  • gel "Rescuer";
  • aerosol "Pantenol";
  • spray "Olazol";
  • zinc ointment from a burn by a cow-grasshopper;
  • "Tsindol" is a homeopathic preparation.

Or you can use any other chemist to treat burns. To reveal the formed blisters it is impossible, otherwise it is possible to bring an infection. Wash burns with a solution of furacilin or a weak solution of potassium permanganate.

Treatment of burns by a hawk at home with folk remedies

  • лечение ожога борщевиком народными средствами lotions of strong tea;
  • decoction of the oak bark: one tablespoon of crushed bark for two glasses of water, boil for 10 minutes;
  • decoction of the root of the blood-groove: one tablespoon per glass of water, boil for 20 minutes;
  • lavender oil - lubricate burns.

Gadgets do every 2-3 hours, moistening gauze or a piece of clean cotton cloth with decoction and applying to the affected area of ​​the skin for 5-10 minutes.

How to avoid poisoning

The best way to prevent burns from hogweed is not to touch the plant. Unfortunately, in practice this advice is rather difficult. Borshevik quickly grows up, taking up places where it was not previously. Contact with the plant does not cause unpleasant sensations, so you can simply not notice the cow-grass in the grass.

  1. как избежать отравления борщевиком Children need to show the plant and explain that playing next to it is dangerous.
  2. If it is necessary to conduct weeding, then use the tools as much as possible, avoiding contact of the plant with the skin.
  3. Work spend in cloudy weather.
  4. Wear clothes made of thick fabric with long sleeves and trousers.
  5. After work, wash with soap and wash clothes.
  6. Get rid of hogweed in the garden before the flowering begins.

Summarizing all of the above, it can be noted that severe burns from hogweed are not so common. Mostly it affects children and workers employed in agriculture or on a private farmstead. If a poisonous plant grows in your area, show it to the children and explain what its danger is.

In case of poisoning by the cow-weaner, the symptoms appear after several hours, provided that the irradiated skin is irradiated with sunlight. There is redness, in the future there may be blisters, turning into ulcers.

In mild cases, the affected areas of the skin are washed with an antiseptic solution and lubricated with any anti-burn ointment. In severe situations (burns more than 10% of the body, ingestion of plant juice in the eyes or mucous membranes, the development of an allergic reaction) - go to the doctor.

loading...