Emission from a mobile phone
Convenient, affordable cellular communication is an indispensable attribute of the life of the current generation. Mobile phones are used by children, adults and "deep" pensioners. But few people think that for the comfort of communication with the help of cellular phones, we pay not only money.
There is an opinion that mobile communication, being, along with a microwave oven, a radiotelephone and a TV source of microwave radiation, has a negative effect on human health. We will understand this, and how to minimize this harm, without depriving yourself of this magnificent gadget?
Why is the mobile phone harmful?
For cellular communication, microwave frequency range is used all over the world - from 300 MHz to 3 GHz. Let's find out in detail how the radiation from a cell phone affects the human body.
Unlike other household appliances, the mobile phone at the time of operation is almost close to the brain and eye. Therefore, the negative impact on the human body of the radiation of a cell phone is incomparably greater than the influence of, say, a computer or television.
Radiation, which generates a mobile tube, is absorbed by the tissues of the head - brain cells, the retina of the eye and all visual and auditory structures.
The more time subscribers on both sides of the cellular communication conduct business or social conversation, the more they heat up their tissues from the effects of electromagnetic waves. The cumulative effect inherent in this radiation will, over time, adversely affect the functioning of all human organs and systems.
Our brain can be compared with a giant organic computer, inside of which there are constantly complex bioelectric processes. The influence of a high-frequency external electromagnetic field on them can not pass without consequences.
Irradiation takes place during the whole time of communication, because one frequency is generated by your mobile phone, and the other - by the mobile device of your interlocutor. Moreover, the strongest signal, and correspondingly the largest power of the mobile phone's radiation, goes when the call is received and received.
Particular attention should be paid to the safety of children in their communication with the mobile phone. The immune system of children is in the making and the harm caused by microwave radiation can cause the child headaches, memory loss, sleep and wakefulness disorder, and increased nervousness.
To characterize the effect of radio emission provided by a mobile phone on a person, a special concept is introduced - SAR (Specific Absorption Rate). This value is numerically equal to the radiation absorbed by the human body, per 1 kilogram of its weight.
The unit of measurement is W / kg. In EU countries, the norm is 2 W / kg.
At the time of establishing a connection, the SAR will be higher, because at this time the mobile device is running at a higher power.
On mobile devices of recent generations, manufacturers necessarily warn users about the possible negative effects of their products and indicate the value of SAR.
For visual indexation of microwave radiation, you can buy a special indicator sticker or independently assemble the device, according to one of the schemes, in a large number of suggested by craftsmen-hams.
Protection from mobile phone radiation
The study of the influence of cell phones is carried out by specialists in different parts of the world. Information coming from them is often contradictory. Most of them confirm the presence of harm from the mobile phone and offer ways to protect against its radiation.
German scientists tested the impact of mobile devices on people living with implanted pacemakers. Their conclusion - it is not recommended to carry a mobile phone next to an implanted artificial pacemaker, especially when it is in active mode.
So, what should be done to protect against the emissions of a mobile phone? It is necessary to try to observe the following rules:
- try to buy a device with a low level of SAR;
- watch the signal level, if it is low enough, then the mobile phone is forced to increase the radiation power - in this case it is more reasonable to reduce the talk time;
- while in a zone with poor coverage, try not to cover the antenna with your hand;
- Turn off the phone wherever communication is known to be unavailable;
- whenever possible, call, standing by the window;
Use a wired and wireless stereo headset - it will not allow the unit to be brought too close to the head;
- When using the mobile Internet, the radiation is amplified, so put the device on the table;
- wear the phone preferably in a case, but not on the belt, but on the leg (creatively and safely for the reproductive organs);
- often replace active communication by sending SMS.
How to protect yourself from mobile phone radiation will help and knowledge of the following nuances.
- At the top of the screen is the reception level indicator, that is, the microwave radiation of the mobile phone, in the form of several vertical bars. When all strips are displayed, the conditions for reception are the most favorable. Talk about your health. But do not forget to position the tube vertically, holding it by the bottom. With a decrease in the number of luminous bars - go to the window, the reception conditions will improve, and the power of the radiation will decrease. A careful attitude to the indications of this indicator will tell you how to check the radiation of the phone.
- Use the optimal mode of use, considering that the amount of radiated microwave energy is reduced in the following order: caller, Internet, SMS reception, conversation, various requests, standby mode.
Is the radiation harmful to the cell tower
Cellular towers (antennas) are transceivers of radio signals, through which communication with subscriber cell phones is maintained. They are allowed to be installed on any buildings, including houses. Let's find out whether the radiation is harmful from the cell tower.
For residents of the building on which such an antenna is installed, it poses no danger, since the radiation distribution diagram is directed horizontally. But even in the most "dangerous" 30-meter zone, the maximum radiation value is less than the norm in the European Union of 2 W / kg. And at a distance of 150 m from the tower the radiation level is the same as in 2 m from the cellular phone.
In addition, it is necessary to take into account:
- that the radiation is extinguished directly in proportion to the square of the distance from the antenna;
- the window glass attenuates the signal 2.5 times;
- concrete wall - 32 times.
The available data make it possible to state that radiation from the cell towers does not cause any harm to health.
Rather, on the contrary, the closer such a structure is to the owner of a mobile device, the less signal power necessary to establish communication and the harm from the mobile phone will be less significant.
The question of how to reduce radiation from the phone does not cease to excite the producers of this equipment and consumers. Although some psychologists believe that the degree of harm caused by the microwave radiation of mobile phones directly depends on the suspiciousness of the owner of the device. Quite possibly, the presence of a psychological component, in the negative impact of these radiations on a person. But compliance with the rules of operation and safety, minimizes the negative impact of your mobile phone, if any, is available.