Snake venom - this phrase causes not the most pleasant associations in a person. It is clear why, because such a product of vital activity of snakes most often leads to a deterioration in health. But this is only in natural conditions, if a snake bites a person. Fashion women and people who care about their health know that snake venom is used in many spheres of life. Cosmetology and medicine have long adopted this natural component in the creation of drugs that help people.
What are the properties of this substance? When does poison help us? And in what cases should he beware? Let's consider some variants of application of snake venom.
Composition of snake venom and its types
Snake venom is a product of the activity of specific toxic glands (altered salivary glands) that are behind the eyes of the snake. Such a toxic substance enters the victim's body through poisonous teeth. Few people think why this potent poisonous substance even in insignificant quantities has such a pronounced effect on the body. Snake venom primarily acts on vital organs and has no artificial analogues.
On the territory of Russia and Belarus there are more than 58 species of snakes of which 11 are poisonous. The composition of the snake venom depends on the species of these reptiles. Its main active substances are complex proteins and polypeptides (molecules containing more than 10 different amino acids), enzymes and microelements.
By its action on the human body, the following species of snake venom are distinguished.
- A poison containing neuro and cardiotropic toxins. They are in the venom of cobra, sea snakes and aspids. The secret of their glands acts depressingly on the nervous and cardiovascular system.
- Hemorrhagic, necrotizing and hemocoagulation action. These high-molecular proteins are present in the venom of vipers and mushrooms. How does such a snake venom affect a person? At the site of the bite, edema is formed, the work of the circulatory system is disrupted and necrosis (necrosis) of the tissues occurs.
The composition of poisons depends on the presence and production of certain proteins and amino acids in the snake's body.
This specific action of the secretion of snake glands on the body formed the basis for the creation of many medicinal substances and cosmetology products. In small quantities and in skillful hands, poisonous substances can serve a person's benefit.
How Snake Venom is Used in Medicine
In a pure form, the secret of snake glands is not used in medical practice. The most commonly used diluted solution with the addition of glycerin, preservatives, stabilizers and other necessary components. The use of snake venom is due to its properties. In the first place - it affects the nervous system and the ability to cause a local skin reaction. The substance is used as a solution for injections, creams, ointments. How can such funds help?
The healing properties of snake venom have the following characteristics.
- As part of medical ointments, snake venom has anti-inflammatory properties. Neurotropic toxins work as a local anesthetic. These substances reduce the pain syndrome, reduce inflammation at the site of application, increase the blood flow in the affected area. Thanks to such healing properties, the healing process goes much faster with inflammation of muscles, joints, neuralgia, and certain skin diseases.
- Help such medications if there are chronic processes of the spine and nervous system. They reduce pain during exacerbation of polyarthritis, osteochondrosis, rheumatic joint damage. Medicines based on snake venom improve the absorption of anti-inflammatory drugs and promote a deeper penetration of local physiotherapy methods of exposure to tissues.
- Snake venom in medicine is also used in emergency situations. It was taken as a basis for the production of serum, neutralizing the poison of the vipers after the bite. In case of timely treatment, the victim manages to save his life and avoid possible complications with health in the future.
- Constantly conducted new studies in the effectiveness of treatment with snake venom. Methods of therapy of oncological diseases and treatment of the consequences of diabetes with use of this substance are being developed. The poison can delay the growth and development of cancer cells.
- In different dosages of various types of snakes, the secret of their glands affects the blood: dilutes or contributes to its coagulation.
Any remedy containing snake venom should only be prescribed by a specialist because of possible side effects. Do not use such cream or ointment without consulting a doctor and without a preliminary examination.
What is the name of treatment with snake venom? Yadotherapy or "snake therapy" has been used for a long time. Our ancestors believed that snakes can resurrect the dead, help with infertility. Their secret improves the immune system of our body, saves from tuberculosis, promotes hair growth with complete alopecia, and relieves attacks of bronchial asthma. And, although many myths have long been in the past, scientists are still investigating the mechanisms of the influence of such substances on the systems of human organs.
Application of snake venom in cosmetology
Those who want to remain forever young constantly experiment with unusual means of saving youth. The secret of the special glands of reptiles, found its place of application in this area.
Snake venom is used in cosmetology for smoothing wrinkles - it replaces bothex. That is, such a tool is not analog, but they are similar in effect. The poison at the site of application helps to smooth out facial wrinkles. These age changes in some cases are reduced by 40-50% with prolonged use of creams with a "toxic" component.
Use creams and cosmetic products in the same way:
- in massage salons for the skin;
- in the East, tinctures with snake venom are used, as a medicine for increasing potency;
- it is added to shampoos to improve hair growth.
How Snake Poison Works on the Human Body
What happens in the body after a snake bite? The clinical picture depends on the type of reptile, the site of the bite and other factors.
- After a bite of a viper or a snake from the genus of the screen mice, a local reaction is rapidly developing: pain, edema of the tissue, a change in the color of the skin at the site of the bite. In severe cases, edema quickly spreads to the entire body.
- In the first 20-40 minutes there are symptoms of shock: skin pallor, dizziness, nausea, palpitations, weakness, sometimes a syncope occurs.
- How does snake venom affect blood? Violated the work of the entire system of blood clotting, a little later develops DIC-syndrome (severe condition of the circulatory system, which leads to a deterioration in the work of all organs).
- Later, there are complications in the work of the heart, liver, kidneys, necrosis of tissues, gangrene of toes and hands.
- After the bite of the cobra, the local reaction is negligible. There is numbness in the area of the bite, edema is insignificant, the skin color does not change.
- After 15-20 minutes of poisoning with snake venom, weakness, salivation, vomiting, coordination of movements, paralysis of muscles, speech disturbance, breathing difficulties.
- The injured person must ensure complete rest and be immediately taken to the hospital.
- In the first 10 minutes squeeze or suck off a drop of poison. In a hard-to-reach place, you can do it yourself using a plastic syringe with a cut off spout.
- The sufferer should be given a generous warm drink, excluding alcohol.
- It is impossible to impose a tourniquet on the affected limb - this will speed up the development of the process of poisoning it.
Snake venom is a useful or harmful product? It all depends on the situation. Any, even expensive and ideal cream or medicine, if misused or inadequate, will work worse than a toxic substance. Therefore, before using any tool, learn more about it from a specialist and do not use it without the appointment of a doctor.